Thread: arlington texas

Forum Member

If you don't mind me asking what certifications do you have emt, ff. I also am not advancing.

Forum Member

I'm moving on along. I have no certifications, and have worked in IT my whole life, but really want to make this career change. It's time for me to start prepping even more and really sale myself in the next interview. I dont know how their whole scoring process has been, but I did make a 100 on the written, and had pretty good times on the run and physical, and thought I did decent in the last panel, but who knows how they are scoring these things. Good luck to all!

Forum Member

I made it through to command staff interviews as well. Best of luck to everyone. I don't have any certs either, but managed to get a 100 on the written too

Forum Member

I am a licensed paramedic and I'm currently working towards my Fire Cert. but I'm not currently using my paramedic lic. I work in retail right now...Best of luck to everybody! Killedk and Schwanee, maybe I'll see you around after Oct. 25th lol
    Last edited by Bonsaihugger; 10-14-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Forum Member

Hope so. I wonder when they are going to do the background checks and start calling for refrences. I had a PI that was dismissed 4 years ago (6th street in Austin) that I am worried about. I would hate to get this far and have something like that come up and disqualify me.

Forum Member

Ha! am i the only one who hit 100 on the exam that didnt make it?!?! Geez

Forum Member

Not the only one.

Forum Member

Anybody's thoughts/opinions on their final interviews with arlington?

Forum Member

I'm headed up for mine this afternoon, good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Ya, good luck everybody....although I think there are only three of us that are still reading this forum post now....Chief Crowson said that we should find out the results in "a few days".....I hope that means friday, I don't know if i can wait till monday to find out....let me know how your interview went Killedk

Forum Member

I had mine this morning. Not sure if I did well enough to continue, but I gave it my best shot! They had some good follow up questions so I am hoping thats a good sign.

Good luck to the rest of you guys. I guess all thats left to do is wait and pray.

Forum Member

hmmm.... i was only asked one follow up question...i dont know if thats a good or bad thing....now im all paranoid thinking its a bad thing....

Forum Member

I thought my follow ups helped because I was able to add some things that I wanted to say initially but didn't have time too. But I guess if you nailed your initial answer, theres no need for too many follow ups. The next few days are going to be hard just waiting...

Forum Member

ya i dont know how im going to be able to wait till friday or monday for an answer....im living an hour at a time right now lol!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by schwanee View Post
    I thought my follow ups helped because I was able to add some things that I wanted to say initially but didn't have time too. But I guess if you nailed your initial answer, theres no need for too many follow ups. The next few days are going to be hard just waiting...
    Ya, with only 5 minutes, there was so much i wanted to get out, but not enough time, but luckily i had about 4 or 5 follow up questions, so I was able to get a lot more out. I was worried that the cheif said, well youve made it to the top 70, which is impressive, which to me means like good job u made it that far, but not any further.

Forum Member

The Chief said the same thing to me....."well you have made it this far, and to make it to the top 70 is impressive". I was waiting for a big "But...." at the end of it....maybe he said the same thing to everybody?

Forum Member

Did he say anything to you guys about when we should be hearing about who they decided to hire?

Forum Member

I heard the same as you. Chief said they will let us know in a few days. Hopefully that means this week, but the timeline that is posted online says they start with job offers next week on Monday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by schwanee View Post
    I heard the same as you. Chief said they will let us know in a few days. Hopefully that means this week, but the timeline that is posted online says they start with job offers next week on Monday.
    I'm stoked! I got the call already today and got the job offer! I'm so glad all the hard work paid off. Also, take notes from captain bob, I practiced with a voice recorder and used his free advice and it paid off! Good luck to you all and hope you hear the same good news soon as well

Forum Member

hey killedk about what time did you get the call?

Forum Member

well crap, I didn't get a call today....I'm assuming that's a bad thing....

Forum Member

hey bonzai whats your real name i have an optimistic alphabetical theory

Forum Member

Real name is Brandon Turner.....I maybe see where you are going with that theory....where do you fall on the alphabetical scale espguitarist and killedk?
    Last edited by Bonsaihugger; 10-21-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Forum Member

Default let's hope that

they're going in alphabetical order, and start late in the day, and will finish tomorrow??? Kilkenny,....a lil help here please,...be nice to know what time you got called??

Forum Member

Talking

I got the call too, cant believe it!!! My call was at about 2:30 today. I totally agree about Captain Bob. I have purchased his book and cd and I know those sources have helped me, absolutely worth it. KilledK, Ill see you in 2 weeks!

Thread Information