Forum Member

Default Looking for a picture

I am trying to find a picture for a small poster for campus fire safety. I would like to find a picture of one or more firefighters crawling down a smoky hallway. I cannot seem to locate one anywhere.
    Does anyone here have such an image they would be willing to share.

Thanks in Advance

Forum Member

Go down to local fire station with camera in hand an ice cream and take all the pictures you want
    Most departments are glad to help

MembersZone Subscriber

Opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Philadelphia Fire Department and/or IAFF Local 22.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrpita View Post
    I am the photographer who made the photograph Mrpita linked to. I'm not suggesting asner85 is intending to utilize the copyright protected work of others, but that does appear to be what is suggested by the response to his post here. Do not use photographs created by others, professional photographers or not, without their permission. Thank you for supporting adherance to copyright law and the rights of professionals to protect their work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjphotog View Post
    I am the photographer who made the photograph Mrpita linked to. I'm not suggesting asner85 is intending to utilize the copyright protected work of others, but that does appear to be what is suggested by the response to his post here. Do not use photographs created by others, professional photographers or not, without their permission. Thank you for supporting adherance to copyright law and the rights of professionals to protect their work.
    Let's pretend you are actually the photographer:

I am not trying to down play copyright protection, BUT it does not sound as if anyone is trying to use "your" picture for profit. Why not ask him to credit your work on the poster which will be used to advocate fire safety and give them permission to use it?

He gets a good picture on his poster and maybe you pick up some work from being credited. How can it hurt?
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Robert, there's no need to "pretend" that I was the photographer anymore than we need to pretend you're a firefighter. I saw all the traffic on my webstats from this forum, hence the reply. Actually asking for permission works wonders. And it is the legal and respectful thing to do. I said nothing about profit. It's about usage of my work. That's what the copyright laws were created for-so the creator retains control of their work and has a reasonable means to do so. I also made a careful effort to distinguish the original poster's request from what was offered in reply by another; you seem to have missed the point of my reply.

Forum Member

As one may do, put a watermark across the photo[s] that are subjected to the internet and could be copied.

This way if he posts your work it sure will show up with your mark on it.

Leave the mark off only on photos that you have complete control over and are not available over the internet.

Its called protecting your work.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Meta data and stats. It's called information tracking. I've got it covered old timer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kjphotog View Post
    Meta data and stats. It's called information tracking. I've got it covered old timer.
    While you're at it, I believe that you can set the parameters for your pictures so they can't be copied from the website (which I just did, only to see if it's possible...).
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Thread Information