Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 132
  1. #21
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    What makes up those bags for that price?


  2. #22
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    85

    Default

    •CERTIFIED TO: NFPA 1983, STANDARD ON LIFE SAFETY ROPE AND EQUIPMENT FOR EMERGENCY SERVICES, 2006 EDITION
    •Designed to fit virtually any SCBA. Easily retrofitable.
    •Weighs less than 4 lbs.
    •50' of Kevlar tubular webbing standard, other lengths on request
    •5,500 LBS. tensile strength.
    •863 degree F. temperature rating.
    •Pull out carabiner or hook, find a safe anchor and bail!!
    •PAT. #5,970,517
    •PAT. #6,487,725
    •Patents pending
    Last edited by 99mtk35; 09-01-2010 at 10:28 PM.

  3. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    What makes up those bags for that price?
    It's not so much a bag, but a system that's integrated into the pack itself. Kind of like this.

  4. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    I understand the system, I was just wondering what accessories. The FFRED system, which the one being sought after (specs are identical as are patent numbers) with every option available is still prices at one unit for right at 600.00

    The basic unit is right at 500. Go in asking for quanity I bet they will be getting real close to 450.

  5. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I hope so. Our local dealer told me $870. when I did the application. That was when scott was buying the FFRED from RIT and there was a lot of uncertainty about where things would land. We are kind of tied to the FFRED though as the NY law requires training on the devices used by mutual aid partners use as well, and the County Chiefs have standardized on this system.
    Last edited by 99mtk35; 09-04-2010 at 08:55 PM.

  6. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber LVFD301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Here is one I found fairly quickly, but I know I found one the other day a bit cheaper.

    http://www.feldfire.com/SCBA-FFRED-Systems_p_935.html


    I of course - have nothing to do with this company.

  7. #27
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    124

    Default

    I may have missed this in a thread earlier. I have two items that the quantities have been changed to zero on the application. Is this the same thing as what is happening with reductions on some applications. I asked for sets of turnouts and also some hose. The hoses were the items that were zeroed out.
    Last edited by Ranburne; 09-08-2010 at 08:50 PM.

  8. #28
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranburne View Post
    I may have missed this in a thread earlier. I have two items that the quantities have been changed to zero on the application. Is this the same thing as what is happening with reductions on some applications. I asked for sets of turnouts and also some hose. The hoses were the items that were zeroed out.
    Typically the reductions are in the cost of the item. Zeroing out the budget is an indicator that part has been eliminated, but not always the case. Last year some budgets that were zeroed out were restored while the vast majority recieved a DJ. Since they left the PPE alone I believe you are at least still in the game.

  9. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montgomery IN
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Typically the reductions are in the cost of the item. Zeroing out the budget is an indicator that part has been eliminated, but not always the case. Last year some budgets that were zeroed out were restored while the vast majority recieved a DJ. Since they left the PPE alone I believe you are at least still in the game.

    Thats some scary info....I went for hoses, nozles, and a hose washer. The hose washer got zeroed out. Hope I'm still in the game!!!!!

  10. #30
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireman8611 View Post
    Thats some scary info....I went for hoses, nozles, and a hose washer. The hose washer got zeroed out. Hope I'm still in the game!!!!!
    Shoot Dwayne, you think that's scary--ALL of my quantities were reset to zeros about a month ago. Twelve items, 0 of each for a total project of $0.00. I'm thinking that just is not a good sign at all!!

    earl

  11. #31
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montgomery IN
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Shoot Dwayne, you think that's scary--ALL of my quantities were reset to zeros about a month ago. Twelve items, 0 of each for a total project of $0.00. I'm thinking that just is not a good sign at all!!

    earl
    Earl....like my shoes right now better than yours. All zero's don't sound good. Must be a mistake. Why would they waste time on that when they could just send out a DJ.

  12. #32
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Guys remember it ain't over till the fat lady sings and you have a DJ in hand. I had a lot of my folks last year that had zeroed budgets and then different or reduced amounts were put back in and they got funded. Just as many as the ones that saw zeroed budgets and then got DJ'd. Hang in there.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  13. #33
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Not to worry Kurt--i'm cool as a cucumber....on a sunny August afternoon!! Spooky to see all the goose eggs, but at the same time it also means that the app was looked at--whether by computer or person--and something was done. No way to read anything into that positive or negative. My choice is to be somewhat negative so that if i'm wrong it's a GOOD thing!!

    earl

  14. #34
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Not to worry Kurt--i'm cool as a cucumber....on a sunny August afternoon!! Spooky to see all the goose eggs, but at the same time it also means that the app was looked at--whether by computer or person--and something was done. No way to read anything into that positive or negative. My choice is to be somewhat negative so that if i'm wrong it's a GOOD thing!!

    earl
    As always, your unique philosophy on some things makes you Earl! LOL! Hoping my boy Clint runs em ragged at Richmond tomorrow night and makes the Chase. Poor pit stop ( 17.2 sec)cost him a win tonight in Nationwide.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  15. #35
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Hendersonville, TN
    Posts
    66

    Default

    OneBugle
    Here is what we just got an award number on.
    RIT Equipment $5,375
    SCBA Facemask $350
    CAFS Retrofit $41,500
    No reductions

  16. #36
    Forum Member islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,554

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by smokediver6102 View Post

    CAFS Retrofit $41,500
    No reductions
    How old is the engine you are doing the retrofit on?
    We tried that one twice with no success.

  17. #37
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    How old is the engine you are doing the retrofit on?
    We tried that one twice with no success.
    Islandfire, it was his 2006 pumper.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  18. #38
    Forum Member islandfire03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,554

    Talking

    Thanks: That makes sense, ours was for a much older engine that is still in perfect low hour condition. Can't win if you don't try. :-}

  19. #39
    MembersZone Subscriber ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    If memory serves me right Isandfire, he was rejected for apparatus in 2005 and so we took CAFS out for cost benefit for the 06 award but we then had it built with the strategy that they were going to eventually upgrade to CAFS, so I am pretty sure it already had the plumbing in it correctly to start.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  20. #40
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long time no Sea
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Without me looking at the allowances list that Onebule provided, didn't AFG allow $10,000 for TIC? I'm seeing reductions to $9,000.

    Just curious is all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Your Ideal Fleet
    By viperfire1 in forum Apparatus Innovation
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 09:37 PM
  2. 2010 AFG Peer Review
    By onebugle in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
  3. 2010 AFG Filling station question Brian, ken....
    By LtJohns355 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 12:03 PM
  4. AFG not authorized for FY 2010 ?
    By k3twpfire in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 05:14 PM
  5. FYI in CA
    By hootman in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts