+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Bump

Bump to the top
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

I am writing a grant for a Rescue pumper that I will replace two trucks, what is the cost allowance for this type of truck? I am being told that the cost of the truck will be in the range of $550,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gmp2011 View Post
    I am writing a grant for a Rescue pumper that I will replace two trucks, what is the cost allowance for this type of truck? I am being told that the cost of the truck will be in the range of $550,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    you won't get that much federal funding. They have been paying in the area of 350k

Forum Member

If it doesn't have a stick on top anything over $300k is suicide with an application unless you're running a 5 figure call volume and Urban. Have to remember they don't award custom chassis (unless it's an aerial) so you're asking for just a pumper that has a few rescue-related perks on it. Only way to get that much dough is if you're going to match half, that's what we did with one in 2010. Otherwise the rest are under $300k and they just add the cash later instead of admitting it's there. Normally if you have that much dough to put in that's a few years worth of loan payments in their eyes and it backfires.

Forum Member

Default How are cost allowances determined?

I've been going through older posts, trying to wrap my head around cost allowances. I was going to PM a few you that have posted about the 2010 cost allowances, but figured it might be better starting a new thread for all to learn from. Any chance that someone could sum up cost allowance in a few sentences? Who sets these allowances? Where can one get them outside of this forum? Do people simply share on this forum what equipment they were awarded and their award amount?

Thanks for anything you'd be willing to share.

Forum Member

You will find it post in here a few pages back.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Skojo View Post
    I've been going through older posts, trying to wrap my head around cost allowances. I was going to PM a few you that have posted about the 2010 cost allowances, but figured it might be better starting a new thread for all to learn from. Any chance that someone could sum up cost allowance in a few sentences? Who sets these allowances? Where can one get them outside of this forum? Do people simply share on this forum what equipment they were awarded and their award amount?

Thanks for anything you'd be willing to share.
    DHS has set $$$ limits that they will fund for AFG awards whether apparatus, SCBA, PPE etc. This list is not available to applicants. So through years of awards and forums members supplying info on their awards a cost allowance list has been able to be developed. This is a guideline for those applying for various projects to see where they stand cost wise.

So if you are applying for SCBA the max. has been $5,250 for a complete SCBA. You ask $6,000 per SCBA a couple of things can occur: you recieve a cost reduction to the $5,250 or DJ'ed because the CB is out of whack.

The list can be found on post 120.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information