Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Bumper donut roll search

Many months ago there was a thread on here that discussed and showed a couple of videos of preconnected lines in the front bumper being donut rolled and stored standing up for a simple deployment. The thread even had a drawing or two on the set up for the storage area. I have searched and cannnot find it. Does anyone know where it may be or have a link. Thanks in advance for the help.

Forum Member

I don't know where the thread is, but Rattlesnake, CO has three HUGE pumper/tanker/interface vehicles that have them on the front and rear.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefanthony View Post
    Many months ago there was a thread on here that discussed and showed a couple of videos of preconnected lines in the front bumper being donut rolled and stored standing up for a simple deployment. The thread even had a drawing or two on the set up for the storage area. I have searched and cannnot find it. Does anyone know where it may be or have a link. Thanks in advance for the help.
    We have 100' loads in the bumper on several rigs. What we typically do on mine that works well is flat loading several flakes to allow enough to make it to the ground, then turning up two or four ears across them, then flat loading the rest, laying the nozzle on top, the laying the ears over.

This allows us to grab the ears and lay the bundle on the ground, and get all 100' out quickly.

I realize this isn't what you were specifically asking about, but it works well also.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Contact Asst Chief Micelli of the Rockland Me FD 207-594-0318. His new Squad is set up this way. Also you can try the search feature in Apparatus Innovation,achives OLDER than 45 days. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

search in the apparatus section. Lots of such info.

Forum Member

I havent been able to find the ones I was looking for. One of the videos showed hooking the sections together in the round bottom well and then showed a FF deploying the line. Later in the thread someone actually had a drawing with measurements that I think they were having made for a new truck. Thanks again for the help.

Toyne does this here is a pic of a bumper on a custom with a Spartan Chassis
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
    Thats Rockland's Rig. User "RFDACM02" is the guy you should ask.

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan84's Avatar

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
    Hey that looks familiar! Those hold 200 ft. each of 1.75" preconnected bumper loads. I have a bunch of information on this as we are very happy with our bumper loads. I must give credit where it is due to The "Battenburg Beast" as Blitzfiresolo was the one that really helped us see the value of these loads.

We have pictures, video and specs on the Toyne set-up, as well as tips and pointers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Hey that looks familiar! Those hold 200 ft. each of 1.75" preconnected bumper loads. I have a bunch of information on this as we are very happy with our bumper loads. I must give credit where it is due to The "Battenburg Beast" as Blitzfiresolo was the one that really helped us see the value of these loads.

We have pictures, video and specs on the Toyne set-up, as well as tips and pointers.
    Dude,you ain't in PG. What's with the Rotoray? I bet you forgot the Powercall,hehe T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The Front Bumper Donut Roll Load

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Dude,you ain't in PG. What's with the Rotoray? I bet you forgot the Powercall,hehe T.C.
    We own two Powercalls in #1's buggie and #2's POV Not one other audible or visual device gets more comments than the two rotorays (Squad and Tower), just wish we had stuck with the halogen on the RR for the Squad, the LED is non-directional and has no "bounce".

MembersZone Subscriber

That thread really has a ton of great info on the bumper roll load. Westhampton's Power point is perfect, and LADDERTRUCKGOES comments and tips are very valuable.

Forum Member

Bingo. That is the one I was looking for. I thought it had a video also but it has been a while. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Forum Member

While not quite a front bumper, I find this video on donut rolls interesting.

http://rosenbaueramerica.com/videos?...ler.flv#Player

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT2410 View Post

That looks like a great piece of equipment until someone has to repack it!!!

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT2410 View Post

That's quite an interesting concept! I'm gonna send this to the guys on our apparatus committee just to see what kind of comments I get.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Why would you ever need a hose lay that long? they were laying hose well over a mile. Ill bet thoes guys worked the next day all day just repacking it.

Thread Information