Grass fire spreads to house

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Firefighters put out an electrical fire in a West Valley City backyard early Thursday morning.

Crews say some downed power lines likely started the fire in some dry grass near 3900 West on Rawhide Drive (3615 South). A passerby saw sparks flying and called 911 around 12:30 a.m.

The wind quickly fanned the flames onto a patio and eventually through the attic of a vacant home. Firefighters were able to get the flames under control.

No one was injured.

Video Report:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12060496&hl=0