Forum Member

Default How long does it take...

Well like I said in the last thread I posted, asking for some help and advice, I was able to get ALL the results of my physical yesterday. I mailed it off to Miss. India Moore today, via UPS in an overnight letter folder thing. Damn thing cost me $30 to send it though, oh well. I also got an email from the US State Department this morning, telling me that they finished my processing my passport, and that they put it in the mail. I paid for it to be sent overnight USPS, and the email said that I should be getting it on or about 22 August 2010. When I get it, I have to make a photocopy of the page with my photo and information, and signature pages, right? What exactly are the signature pages?
    But my main question is: after they receive all of the packets (Medical packet, Admin Forms Packet, Offer Letter and Offer Packet, and SF-85P Packet with the two fingerprint cards), how long does it normally take to get my "deployment date" and leave? I am just wondering, because I want to make sure I will be able to give my two weeksí notice where I work. Also because I have to go down to my Reserve Center and turn in my request to go IRR. Thanks for all the help you all have given me!

Forum Member

Mr. Rivera
    I realize this is a big moment in your life. I felt the same way when i left. The difference is i used my search engine on the forums. Many of your questions can be answered with this action.

You deployment date will give you plenty of time to give your two weeks and go IRR (i'm assuming this can be done in the same day). From what i remember they are pretty flexible when you get your date if you need to move it.

Forum Member

Holy thread starter batman!!! Do you want me to do over there and work for you tooo??? You know this site will only give you 50% answers call india or any of the ladies in the office to get 100% answers. And for pete sake put a little effort into this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by InUrDue View Post
    Holy thread starter batman!!! Do you want me to do over there and work for you tooo??? You know this site will only give you 50% answers call india or any of the ladies in the office to get 100% answers. And for pete sake put a little effort into this.
    How about you proof read what you write before you post it!! "Do you want me to do over there and work for you tooo???" Good job buddy!!! Yea I know this site will give 50% answers. I've tried calling India and I also tried getting a hold of Kris, about a million times. Iíve even called and tried to talk to someone else, I didnít care who, who worked in the Iraq Fire Protection Program, I just wanted to talk to someone. But every time I called, I would get their voice mail. So thatís why I ask questions here, if you have a problem with that, then donít read or reply to the thread, itís that simple!!! And I am putting in all effort I can in to this, and then some!! I can only do as much as I can with what I have in front of me, and I have questions that I would like to have answered. I just want to make sure I do everything correctly and I donít mess anything up.

Forum Member

They are going to love you in Iraq.
    Good luck over there, i'm done with this tread.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    They are going to love you in Iraq.
    Good luck over there, i'm done with this tread.
    FINALLY! We've waited for this day!!!
    "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

MembersZone Subscriber

That escalated quickly

Thread Information