Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front page pic

Originally Posted by emt161
    Good. Glad to see there's at least someone out there who doesn't buy into the dirty is better method of comparing genitalia
    Some of the biggest "boobs" in the fire service wear the filthiest, crappiest falling apart PPE... some of them have never been in a real fire, but "season" their stuff over a burn barrel to "get the look"....
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 09-05-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    When's the last time you washed your gear? How often do you think most people do in a firefighter culture that requires the dirtiest gear possible in order to avoid being called a P****? Striping doesn't matter a damn if there's 10 years of structure fires on it.

Moreover, the striping is NOT the same. The whole point to the vest is the arrangement of the stripes enforces the impression of a human form when nothing else is visible EXCEPT the striping. Speaking from personal experience passing through an unlit area, seeing the striping from a Class II vest, and instantly recognizing that there was a person there before the fact that it was a vest even registered.

I agree though that if they're worried enough about fire to be on air, the vests should be on the truck.
    When's the last time you removed your entire uniform, including pants, shirt, and shoes after a shift before returning home? Do you launder your ems uniform in your home washing machine? If you wear your uniform home, or launder it in your home washer, you have no right to throw stones or make assumptions about others.

I wash my gear, from my career FD, my volunteer FD, and from the tech college I teach for whenever it is dirty. Sometimes that might mean every month for some of it, and sometimes it may mean not for 6 months or more. If I don't catch a fire or I am not teaching live fire training why do i need to wash my gear?

I was so fanatical about not spreading to my family whatever I ran into on a call that I NEVER wear my uniform home from the career FD and if i catch a fire on my volly FD my clothes goes right into the washer and I shower before I let my family touch me. Are YOU that careful?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    But the ONLY way you're reasonably safe is CLOSE the road. T.C.
    This.

If you are not closing off the road, vehicle placement is paramount. Well, it paramount no matter what.

Think I MENTIONED that in the same post. But I'm not dealing with a TENTH of the traffic YOU are. And I really don't mind that. T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Think I MENTIONED that in the same post. But I'm not dealing with a TENTH of the traffic YOU are. And I really don't mind that. T.C.
    You did mention it. Sorry I got lazy with the cut and pasting. Excellent points, though.

Thread Information