Forum Member

Default The 8/28-29 demonstrations

This will be historic. I even loaded seven of my own chapter on the buses yesterday. Predictions are that this will be the largest demonstration in the history of the USA.

Now last years 912 event was equal in size to Obama's inauguration, only there were no arrests of the demonstrators and they left no trash behind. Unlike the inauguration. Tells a lot. The 'O' was conveniently out of town for that event. This time the media will be forced to face this demonstration. There are not supposed to be signs on Saturday, but Sunday there will be plenty of signs in with the crowd. The Tea Party demonstrators have been well trained to expose the moles and flamers being sent out by ACORN, SEIU and other liberal organizations.

You can watch it live on facebook and Fox News.

Conceding the loss of the House this November will be nothing compared to 2012 elections.

Forum Member

Eh. Glenn Beck is a demagoguing hack. The sane will stay home.

Seriously? Church and state were never meant to remain separate? Please.

Forum Member

Also:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200909140047

The original protest was something a flop. What makes you think this one will top the multiple millions that have marched before?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    This will be historic. I even loaded seven of my own chapter on the buses yesterday. Predictions are that this will be the largest demonstration in the history of the USA.

Now last years 912 event was equal in size to Obama's inauguration, only there were no arrests of the demonstrators and they left no trash behind. Unlike the inauguration. Tells a lot. The 'O' was conveniently out of town for that event. This time the media will be forced to face this demonstration. There are not supposed to be signs on Saturday, but Sunday there will be plenty of signs in with the crowd. The Tea Party demonstrators have been well trained to expose the moles and flamers being sent out by ACORN, SEIU and other liberal organizations.

You can watch it live on facebook and Fox News.

Conceding the loss of the House this November will be nothing compared to 2012 elections.
    Funny stuff. The 9/12 demontrations were dwarfed by the anti-war demonstrations. That president didn't care, why should this one care about people who probably didn't vote for him?

That's the one poll no one has taken. How many of the tea baggers voted for Obama? I'm betting so few that it doesn't matter.

It'll make for good TV. Except Faux Nooz will cover it as though nothing else happened that day.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Sure... it will be a non-event to many.

It is merely an point of view and where you are at a given moment.

Given the fact that this issue has garnered remarks, it has not gone un-noticed, so does that make it an event that some are paying attention to?

A paradox?

The real "event" will soon be upon us.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

All that is going on across the river and I am in the mountains this weekend!

I didn't have the duty this weekend so hoping our guys don't have to send ems to help out the brothers there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    All that is going on across the river and I am in the mountains this weekend!

I didn't have the duty this weekend so hoping our guys don't have to send ems to help out the brothers there.
    Tell them to take their time going to the event. Looks like there is plenty of room. No need to rush for fear of not finding a place to stand.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Yeah, right; good one!

MembersZone Subscriber

It turns out that there was a very large turn out @ 900,000 plus.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    It turns out that there was a very large turn out @ 900,000 plus.
    Even funnier!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Even funnier!
    What's that? The fact alot of folks showed up, or the fact that some of the news outlets out right lied and down played the whole thing? I just wished the news would just report the news. Nothing else, nothing more. That goes for all of them, from Fox to MSNBC.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

What's that? The fact alot of folks showed up, or the fact that some of the news outlets out right lied and down played the whole thing? I just wished the news would just report the news. Nothing else, nothing more. That goes for all of them, from Fox to MSNBC.
    Fox News, which probably has the least reason to downplay the turnout, puts the attendance at between 300,000 and 500,000. Which is quite a bit less than the 900,000+ you put out there.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

I gotta tell ya, I was not very happy with what Beck did with his Restoring Honor event this last Saturday.

I knew that Beck had a strong faith, but no more than myself.

When I watched his Fox show on Friday, I began to be concerned about what might happen on Saturday.

My fears were confirmed. I had seven of my chapter members attending that event and they were all overwhelmed by the experience.

However how it appeared to me was that Beck was bordering on being self righteous. The religious theme seemed a little over the top. I understand the event was to be non political, contrary to the next days event and the huge one coming on 9/12, but he appeared to be carrying this self righteous shield and cross in front of him. so that it looked like he wanted our government to base its policies on religious dogmas. Where our country is also based on a separation of that. I would say a majority of the nation wants Judeo Christian values on a personal level and are afraid to become a nation like Iran did in 1980 with the return of the Ayatollah.

Then his interview with Chris Wallace on Sunday continued only this time he seemed to be struggling even more to explain his theme reasons.

Now yesterday he was much more articulate, but I truly think he may have damaged his credibility with his overwhelmingly religious theme. He was so close Saturday and as O'Reilly said, probably no one individual in the country could have gathered a half million attendees.

He got his half million attendees, but may have lost a lot more...

To me it was bordering a waste, but I could still be wrong.

MembersZone Subscriber

However how it appeared to me was that Beck was bordering on being self righteous.
    It took you how long to figure that out?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Funny stuff. The 9/12 demontrations were dwarfed by the anti-war demonstrations. That president didn't care, why should this one care about people who probably didn't vote for him?

That's the one poll no one has taken. How many of the tea baggers voted for Obama? I'm betting so few that it doesn't matter.

It'll make for good TV. Except Faux Nooz will cover it as though nothing else happened that day.
    I thought Fox would too, but we were both wrong. Fox barely covered it at all. CNN gave it more exposure than FOX. CSPAN was the best coverage besides the life internet.

Many of what I was expecting and hoping for did not happen. All the attendees were in awe of the event. Those from my chapter felt it bordered a evangelistic revival. The Tea Party holds to three core values and not with religion on the scale that Beck portrayed.

MembersZone Subscriber

A good part of the Republican/Tea Party/Conservatice side has been swept up with this new "Political Gospel". That only through God and turning His word into the law of the land will we rise and overcome all adversity. The same crowd that protests agains Islam and Sharia Law would have this country become a Theocracy. Look how many Churces are becoming active in politics, holding political rallies and endorsing politicians from the pulpit.

I consider myself very religious and a Christian. But I will push very hard to maintain a complete seperation of Church and State.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    A good part of the Republican/Tea Party/Conservatice side has been swept up with this new "Political Gospel". That only through God and turning His word into the law of the land will we rise and overcome all adversity. The same crowd that protests agains Islam and Sharia Law would have this country become a Theocracy. Look how many Churces are becoming active in politics, holding political rallies and endorsing politicians from the pulpit.

I consider myself very religious and a Christian. But I will push very hard to maintain a complete seperation of Church and State.
    Yes, I feel as you do, but the GOP and the Tea Party are not going to accept or allow this 'Political Gospel' to infiltrate both organizations as a matter of policy or decision making. In fact I have made that clear at our local chapter as it is the wish of the Tea Party Patriots as well. The majority agree it has to be that way. It is never discussed at all on our national conference calls because as a group it is a non factor. We want that to be a personal decision and have it kept there.

I missed yesterdays conference because of a family commitment, but will find out if Becks event has had any party backlash later on.

I am still confused about why didn't Beck explain in more detail what to expect at his event. I truly expected more national spirit and not Holy Spirit.

Well, more to follow....................

Forum Member

Yes, I feel as you do, but the GOP and the Tea Party are not going to accept or allow this 'Political Gospel' to infiltrate both organizations as a matter of policy or decision making
    They already have...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

I feel I need to apologize to any Tea Partiers I may have lumped in to the religious nutcase group. I had figured you guys would just eat that stuff up, but it's good to know that's not the case. This isn't the first place I've heard some kind of disappointment in the entire event.

Beck believes the country was founded on Judeo-Christian values, and that the law comes from Judeo-Christian tradition. As a matter of fact, the country was founded on the tradition of Roman and English common law, its Constitution born of nascent European constitutionalism, and the values that gave it birth were uniquely American and not rooted in any religious dogma.

But, that's for another time. Like I said, I apologize if I arbitrarily assumed anything about you earlier.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just wondering what's wrong with Christian Values?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Nothing. What's wrong with keeping the state from enforcing Christian values?

Forum Member

Yeah I also, Bull!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

You're missing the point entirely. Please, allow me to enlighten you.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    By lifting one religion's values higher than another, you essentially prohibit the free exercise of others.

So I ask again, what's wrong with keeping the state from enforcing Christian values?

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing, but forcing people to act like "christians" even when they are not goes against every aspect of religious freedom out there.

MembersZone Subscriber

So what kind of values should we have then? What aspect of "acting like a christian" do you find so offensive?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Thread Information