Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Angry Abusive Firefighters are not Heros

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+
    Last edited by firetruckmechanic; 08-29-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Forum Member

There are bad sheep in any group of people, including firefighters, police, priests, you name it. That doesn't mean we are all like that.

Forum Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's talk fire trucks!

I'm not going to defend anyone who commits spousal abuse, no matter what line of work.

I do, however, find this to be an unusual post.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

In stead of venting here on line, why don't you contact your local police dept. or sheriff's office and file a complaint? Nothing wrong with venting mind you, but if this guy is beating up his wife, its only going to get worse and since you seem to care so much, do the right thing and bring it to light. If you don't, then you are enabling the suspect, just as much as the others.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firetruckmechanic View Post
    oh i know not everyone is like that but i was attacked before for bringing this up somewhere else before
    I believe I remember the thread you are talking about. If I remember correctly you never mentioned anything about abuse (beatings) you just ranted about your ex and attacked everyone who posted with a comment. Why don't you post the link to that thread so everyone can be brought up to speed on your complaint.

Forum Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

MembersZone Subscriber

Two faceless strangers dragging each other's personal life through the mud on an online forum. I can hardly contain my excitement.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Most interesting...

I'm thinking there is more than one victim here.

I don't condone wife abuse. Anyone that would beat a women should be drawn and quartered. I think we all agree with that.

BUT, I have seen some women that can beat the hell out of a man as well.

I have also seen situations where a woman starts the thing and the man finds himself defending himself. It isn't right, but it isn't the same thing.

Of course there are a few men that do abuse their woman and end up in the hospital when the woman waits for him to sleep. Justice? Perhaps.

So, I will take a wait and see position since nothing has been offered as proof.

--------------------------------------

For the second victim... it seems the OP might feel a little un-appreciated. I don't see the connection between the purpose of the thread "Abusive Firefighters" and Firefighters that can't maintenance a truck.

Mechanic: I find it odd that you have drawn first blood. But it appears you expect the personal issue between you and the Captain to be fought here. I don't think that will be the case. He doesn't need to do anything here when he has you in his sites at work. Perhaps you talked too much about the issue and brought the issue upon yourself. Perhaps you're right, but if the woman doesn't care to do anything about it, it's not your business. Since he was promoted to Captain, he is either alot smarter than everyone else, or he wasn't found guilty of anything.

There are always two sides of a story... and all we have is your version. My advice is be careful what you say and if you have proof, give it to the guys that can do something about it.

I don't think you're going to find shelter from the storm here. I don't see any value in discussing your issues at the moment. I think you have bitten off more than you can chew and are trying to find someone to help you swallow.

Other than that, I don't have a clue what you're trying to achieve here.

Sorry.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Thumbs down

delete!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by firetruckmechanic; 08-29-2010 at 02:55 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unless you want him in on this post it's "she said, she said". I really would like to see that other post you eluded to. Why will you not provide a link?
    By the way, it goes both ways. If you don't like MarcusKspn's response you can pack your happy butt to another forum.

Forum Member

then why dont u contain ur excitment some where else..
    No doubt you missed his sarcasm. Maybe not.

But why would you come here and expect anything from us when you have already blown that first impression.

Popping off to guys that have been here for years isn't a good way to find favor.

Not that this issue is any of our business, but if you have something to prove... take it to the proper authorities. You can post it here if you wish, but I don't think you'll like the result of your actions.

I'm beginning to think that this is more about you than the woman you pretend to be protecting...

So to quote Acklan who stated it so eloquently:

If you don't like MarcusKspn's response you can pack your happy butt to another forum.
    Let me add this...

Way to go Mechaniac... 4 posts and you're off to a great start.
    Last edited by PaladinKnight; 08-29-2010 at 02:11 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

then why dont u contain ur excitment some where else..
    If I am in a restaurant and somebody decides that this public area is the ideal place to air their dirty laundry and cause a scene in an attempt to get sympathy during this "everybody look at me" demonstration, should I have to leave the restaurant?

What is your point in all of this, other than "this guy is an @ss"? Reading your posts in this thread it appears that you are simply trying to win a battle in the court of public opinion. Why should I care about this battle that is being thrown into my face?

I don't think you will find anybody on here that feels that any spouse who abuses another spouse (and yes, I left out gender on purpose) deserves the "hero worship" of a firefighter. I also don't think you will find very many people here who feel that firefighters are heroes. Spousal abuse takes many shapes. Physical, mental, and sexual. And every story has three sides, and we only have yours here.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

Also: You spelled heroes wrong...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Also: You spelled heroes wrong...
    Oh... that is going to hurt Marcus.

Have you no shame?

It is one thing to not agree with someone's opinion... but it something else when you point out his spelling sucks.

Pardon me while I go read my dictionary...

Forum Member

delete!!!!!
    Last edited by firetruckmechanic; 08-29-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Forum Member

All i am refering to is all past tense. Police reports and everything were filed but nothing has happened. He has since been promoted to captain. It just that they have been divorced for quite some time but still manages to make her life hell. I am pretty sure he is on this forum and just waiting for him to say something.. There is also a personal vendetta from me on this guy, he has tried to drag me thru the mud and it is not going to happen.
    If it is 'all past tense' then let it go. If police reports were filed and nothing happened then maybe there was nothing worthy of action?? I don't know, I wasn't there. California has a mandatory arrest law for domestic violence. If you hit another household member and it leaves a mark or someone sees it happen, you go to jail.

IMHO a 'personal vandetta against someone' is a huge waste of time and energy. If this guy has gotten under your skin enough to make you spend your time like this then he's already won the war.

Someone wise once said.. When we roll in the mud with pigs, the pigs love it but we just get all muddy

Quit taking the low road. Work hard, be honest, be patient and mind your own business and you will prevail.
    My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Forum Member

you know you didnt have to read the topic if all u r going to do is bitch about it. why should you care if it is thrwon in ur face, you could always just not repsond to the posts and leave at that instead of being an *******

Good idea to delete the entire thing.

You just created an additional issue for yourself.

You have some serious issues my friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 post and nothing worthwhile, nothing accomplished. Too bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just let it go...
    Last edited by PaladinKnight; 08-29-2010 at 03:01 AM.

Forum Member

My wise and profound comments and opinions are mine alone and are in no way associated with any other individual or group.

Forum Member

WEBTEAM: Please delete this unfortunate episode.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    So to quote Acklan who stated it so eloquently:
    Oh stop. Your gonna make me blush.

Here is a present from me to you. Surprise

MembersZone Subscriber

She picked up her toys and went else wheres. Poor baby.

Administrator

Default Thread Closing

All,

Although posts have been deleted, this topic appeared to be going off-topic so at this time, we are going to close this thread.

Firehouse Web Manager

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by webteam View Post
    All,

Although posts have been deleted, this topic appeared to be going off-topic so at this time, we are going to close this thread.

Firehouse Web Manager
    Great idea, but you forgot to actually close it.....

Forum Member

Lets close it.

While you are at it ban the op!
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 08-30-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information