Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber mmcneill's Avatar

Default Good Story About Catch22 And His Grants

Forum Member

Excellent article, shines a nice light on some of the improvements that have been made to make our brothers and sisters safer. Good job.

Way to go Catch...

I didn't know exactly where you were located.... I have family in Purdy, Butterfield and Monett... all the way down to Eagle Rock. I think I told you that before.

Now that I have made the connection, you are the hero they always talk about.

Well done sir.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Talking

Job well done Mike !
    Sounds like the public is aware of how hard you & your crew have been working to improve their protection.

Forum Member

Very nice indeed, great work Mike, and nice to get recognized for it. Chicken or ribs at the open house?

MembersZone Subscriber

Where do you find this stuff Mike? It's embarassing enough to make the paper, even more so for you guys to see it!

MembersZone Subscriber

By the way, I do appreciate the compliments guys.

I've always tried to make sure and keep the locals informed on our grants and what we've been able to do with them. I typically forward stories like this to our elected officials, as well.

I don't remember if she mentioned it in the article or not, but the grants are a big reason our ISO rating dropped from an 8 in the city to a 5 at our last rating. I'm thinking we can hit a 4, and maybe even a 3 once I get them back. I'm just waiting to get our rural water supply where I want it and our second station built and eqipped before we do so we can drop that below a 9.

PK- I think we chatted about that here and there before. If I remember right, I always wonder if I know any of them for several days after you mention it!

Hines- If I was going to take a guess, and if we do the food thing, either pulled pork or brisket.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Where do you find this stuff Mike? It's embarassing enough to make the paper, even more so for you guys to see it!
    I have spies everywhere!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    I have spies everywhere!!
    You must! Every time an article comes out you're right on it. My wife didn't even know it was in the paper until I started griping about you posting it on here.

Good article Catch. That is a great example of seeing a need and getting done. It should be a must read for all of congress so they can see what is getting accomplished with just a little support from our government. Now I know most of us in this business donít want a pat on the back but it sure is good that some people recognize what you are doing.
    Islandfire you better get you boat to dry dock. Looks like you are going to get a visit from an unwelcome guest. I think you all are going to get very wet. Say safe.
    dfd701

Catch: We met when you were about 16, (1990 or so). I was attending an "event" at the Purdy Community Center. My cousin reminded me of the event. I was a Captain at that time.

So yes, you do know my kinfolks, although you may not remember me.

I was buckin' hay around Purdy down to Cosicana with my Uncles and Cousins during the 1960s and early 70s.

I wonder if the name "Jane W." might mean something to you. You would have never met her, but her memory has been kept alive for the last 55 years by friends and family.

Sorry that I did not make the connection earlier. I knew you were in the Monett area, but I assumed MFPA, Joplin (which I thought you worked at), or Pierce City. It is a small world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For all concerned... a Giant of Legendary Status walks amongst us.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

I commented that he was actually a toad.

Well.....it was a little nicer than that.

Good for you Mike.

Now write our apps from now on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfd701 View Post
    Good article Catch. That is a great example of seeing a need and getting done. It should be a must read for all of congress so they can see what is getting accomplished with just a little support from our government. Now I know most of us in this business donít want a pat on the back but it sure is good that some people recognize what you are doing.
    Islandfire you better get you boat to dry dock. Looks like you are going to get a visit from an unwelcome guest. I think you all are going to get very wet. Say safe.
    dfd701
    Two good points Ken. One that AFG and congress see the good that these grants are doing and Island get prepared for a blow coming from the south.

It'll probably be softer than a bad nor'eastern though.

Talking

dfd701[/QUOTE]

We've hopefully lucked out on this one. There's a Canadian cold front coming in from the west, and since Earl slowed down yesterday , it looks like the cold front will get here first and push earl an additional 100 miles offshore. That will give us a bunch of rain late tonight , but only the backside winds which should stay under 60 mph. Just a minor blow for us.
    I'll let you know in the morning, as it's supposed to hit here starting around 9 tonight and be gone off into the Maritimes by daybreak. DownEast and New Brunswick will get whats left of the eye in the early AM.
    Got everything on storm moorings and a lot of the tourists had their expensive sailboats hauled out over the last couple days.

MembersZone Subscriber

Mike,

A great job of getting the department where it needs to be. Always good to see departments get good press on their accomplishments.

Jim,

Nice comment in the blog.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    dfd701
    We've hopefully lucked out on this one. There's a Canadian cold front coming in from the west, and since Earl slowed down yesterday , it looks like the cold front will get here first and push earl an additional 100 miles offshore. That will give us a bunch of rain late tonight , but only the backside winds which should stay under 60 mph. Just a minor blow for us.
    I'll let you know in the morning, as it's supposed to hit here starting around 9 tonight and be gone off into the Maritimes by daybreak. DownEast and New Brunswick will get whats left of the eye in the early AM.
    Got everything on storm moorings and a lot of the tourists had their expensive sailboats hauled out over the last couple days.[/QUOTE]

Been watching the forecast.....down to Cat 1. Looks like a tropical storm for our area.

Congrats.

What's the rule, if you get in the paper you have to buy us all lunch or dinner, right?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Congrats.

What's the rule, if you get in the paper you have to buy us all lunch or dinner, right?
    Ice cream at a minimum

Nice article Catch22. Good PR for department and politically expedient letting your taxpayers know that your not coming to them with open hand every time you need something. Keep it up guy!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Talking

Well the cold front won the race to Maine last night. We got rain starting at 8 pm last night and it poured heavy from midnight till 6 am today. somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 inches, but very little wind worthy of mentioning. Topped out at about 45 mph around 3 am. Around here thats hardly more than a gust to fill the sails.

Now back to our formerly scheduled program
    Great job Mike & the Purdy fire dept.

Thread Information