+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
    Forum Member

Got my conditional offer yesterday!! See you guys November 8th for the final step!!

Forum Member

just wondering how you get told. letter or call

Forum Member

I got a phone call Tuesday afternoon and was told that a letter would also be mailed to me.

A head's up...through a contact I was told the following numbers a couple weeks ago.

About 1,000 applied. After the written and physical roughly 100 were called for interviews. Those were narrowed down to 40 and they apparently plan to hire 29 for this recruit class.

If you haven't gotten a call yet, I wouldn't lose hope, I'd assume they are contacting recruits over a few days..?

Best of luck!!

Forum Member

congrats on the job and good luck. as far as if they will call me or not, i just wish i had your optimism.

Forum Member

Congrats, I haven't heard anything either. Not lost all hope but pretty close. Goodluck with everything.

Forum Member

Anyone that got a job offer; if you need a place, I've got a great deal on a condo in a nice location.

PM me for details....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppSt06 View Post
    Got my conditional offer yesterday!! See you guys November 8th for the final step!!
    AppSt,
    Congrats. RFD is a good department. Raleigh is a really nice area.

Forum Member

Congrats!! I'm still got my fingers crossed.

Forum Member

I called, I was told that some hiring has been done but they are not finished. We will see.

Forum Member

Ok two questions, Do we know when the next test will be? Also can someone tell me what the color blind thing is all about, I am not fully color blind. I am what they called yellow purple, I can see alot of the colors its just when they are close to each other. I find this very funny because I am currently a firefighter in Charleston and I have no problem doing the job...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFD8 View Post
    Ok two questions, Do we know when the next test will be? Also can someone tell me what the color blind thing is all about, I am not fully color blind. I am what they called yellow purple, I can see alot of the colors its just when they are close to each other. I find this very funny because I am currently a firefighter in Charleston and I have no problem doing the job...
    Not sure when the next test will be, go to the city site and I think you can fill out a "notify me" for the next one....

Apply, let them DQ you.....

Forum Member

just wondering how things worked out for you all. are you still starting on the 31st?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepat87 View Post
    just wondering how things worked out for you all. are you still starting on the 31st?
    Hey Pat, Yea we are starting this week, actually the 30th. Supposedly a light day just to get us started before the new year, we'll see what that means! Then we go full force on the 3rd. First 8 weeks is EMT.

We met on the 20th to go over benefits and what not. A total of 29 in the class. I have heard rumors that due to the hiring freeze last year they are behind on staffing, so hopefully there will be more hiring processes coming up! I will let you know if we hear anything.

Let me know if you want any updates on our class and if so I'll do my best.

Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

I heard from a Chapel Hill FF, that NC accepts Proboard fire certs as long as you have firefighter 2, and NREMT, and was wondering if thats true, because I have both and the situation in Florida is becoming very "iffy" with no job security at all, and I've been at my dept since 2006. I was also told by the same person that there are no hiring freezes going on now, and almost every dept is hiring as they normally do. I'm just wanting to know if thats true or not, because I have family in NC, and would like to be able to make that transfer if need be. And the more time goes by, the more it looks like i will need to. I'd prefer anyone responding to this, email me at jaydenloose08@Yahoo.com, but if not here is fine. thanks

Forum Member

Good luck to all starting on 12/30. One word of advice, for God's sake leave your phone in your car!!!! Share this with your fellow candidates as well, because remember this, nothing is guaranteed until after your probationary period and it might save you from a few pushups.

Sad I have to remind folks of this, but, it happens. Again, good luck and study hard, it's 6 months of hell to be a part of the best career in the world!

Forum Member

Hey Pat, Yea we are starting this week, actually the 30th. Supposedly a light day just to get us started before the new year, we'll see what that means! Then we go full force on the 3rd. First 8 weeks is EMT.

We met on the 20th to go over benefits and what not. A total of 29 in the class. I have heard rumors that due to the hiring freeze last year they are behind on staffing, so hopefully there will be more hiring processes coming up! I will let you know if we hear anything.

Let me know if you want any updates on our class and if so I'll do my best.

Good Luck!
    Heard the "light day" wasn't so light.....hehe. One down, a bunch more to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information