Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fire228 View Post
    In Florida the system is, Go to the academy, turn in application, get hired
    Yeah, things are a little diff in FL compared to CO. Here almost every paid Dept requires that you go through their academy even if you have a cert from another one. If you have one, it won't hurt, but you can expect to go through CSFD's academy again.

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall5398 View Post
    My understanding is there is an online application, pass that, and you move to an oral interview. Pass-> polygraph, Pass-> psych exam, Pass-> academy. Pass-> line.
    Is that accurate? In 2006 3000 applicants, with EMT and CPAT requirement to apply.
    Pretty accurate except that in years past after the oral they band you (rank you A,B,C,etc. by similarly clustered groups, not a set score every time. It's weird.) so you may pass the oral, but never move on because you weren't in a high enough band (mostly A but would sometimes dip into B).

And don't forget that now you need the CPAT sometime before you get hired I think, so throw that in the mix too. I'll defer to Peter though since it seems he has the most up-to-date info.

3000 seems really high. If accurate, I think that was the initial number of online apps (anyone can take a few mins to fill out the app), however when people realized that EMT and CPAT were required I think the actual number that went through the written and was tested was much lower. This was 4+ years ago so I could be remembering something wrong though. Could be really different this year with the requirements removed.

Forum Member

Well where does the written FireTeam test come in?

Quote Originally Posted by fire228 View Post
    Well where does the written FireTeam test come in?
    Oh yeah, Lastcall and I both left that out. That should come after the application and before the oral. Then if you score high enough, you move onto the oral board.

Edit: I should say that I haven't been to the orientation for this round of testing. Just going off of how they have done things in the past.

Good luck if you apply though.

Forum Member

Forum Member

The application is now open on springsgov.com. You cannot submit the app, but I hear it's pretty lengthy, and would be wise to get started filling it out.
    As it stands, still looking for about 21 people. in 1 academy. If there are more retires in 2011, a possible 2nd academy, but chances are it will remain at 1.
    Also to revisit an issue: No ride-alongs during the testing process. However that does not mean you can't come to a station and ask questions.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lastcall5398 View Post
    The application is now open on springsgov.com. You cannot submit the app, but I hear it's pretty lengthy, and would be wise to get started filling it out.
    As it stands, still looking for about 21 people. in 1 academy. If there are more retires in 2011, a possible 2nd academy, but chances are it will remain at 1.
    Also to revisit an issue: No ride-alongs during the testing process. However that does not mean you can't come to a station and ask questions.
    The list has been good for 2 years in the past. Has that changed? (you only reference academies/retirees in '11)

thx for the info by the way.

Forum Member

I can only assume it will continue to be a two year list. This will be a good list to be on, considering even if not selected the first round, a new station is in the works for 2012. That will obviously mean more hiring!

Default Info on application process

FYI, if you already applied to Aurora or Thornton earlier this year this application process is a lot easier as they use the same Government Jobs provider.

Took me about 20 mins to apply by answering a few questions and making sure the rest was current. Otherwise I think you are looking at at least an hour if you don't have a profile already (need to enter basic info, education, certs, resume', references, job history, etc.).

However, you can save as you go, so if you don't have a lot of time you can come back to it later.

Just thought I would pass some info along.

Good luck everyone!

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yjbrody64 View Post
    FYI, if you already applied to Aurora or Thornton earlier this year this application process is a lot easier as they use the same Government Jobs provider.

Took me about 20 mins to apply by answering a few questions and making sure the rest was current. Otherwise I think you are looking at at least an hour if you don't have a profile already (need to enter basic info, education, certs, resume', references, job history, etc.).

However, you can save as you go, so if you don't have a lot of time you can come back to it later.

Just thought I would pass some info along.

Good luck everyone!
    Using that Government Jobs provider site makes it a bit easier to apply for sure. Looking forward to this process, good luck all!

Forum Member

I've gone through the application process, and I'm looking for the link to the FireTEAM test via governmentjobs.com, and I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by KelleeR View Post
    I've gone through the application process, and I'm looking for the link to the FireTEAM test via governmentjobs.com, and I can't find it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, everybody.
    Did you get an email saying you were eligible to take the FireTEAM test? These are the directions that were in that:

INSTRUCTIONS TO SELF SCHEDULE

1. Log into GovernmentJobs.com as a Career Seeker
    2. Click the "Application Status" link
    3. Click the "Schedule Exam" link
    4. Select the desired written exam time and location
    5. Click "Submit"

Forum Member

Thanks yjbrody64! Oddly enough, when I login to the government.jobs site, it says "You have applied for 0 positions," so there is no link to schedule an exam. I emailed CSFD HR and they have my application. So, I can't explain what happened there.
    Due to my stubborness and dogged determination, I managed to talk HR into signing me up for the 8 a.m. exam on Jan. 7 via email. I really really want this job, and I was worried if I wasn't pesky, I'd never get a testing slot. I'm flying to C Springs from Mountain Home, ID to test, so I have to be sure I have all my details covered. Thanks again, bud.
    Last edited by KelleeR; 12-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone know how they feel about out of state applicants? I'm coming from Florida and know some people from California coming out to test as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent8404 View Post
    Anyone know how they feel about out of state applicants? I'm coming from Florida and know some people from California coming out to test as well.
    I have not been given the impression so far that being an out-of-state applicant is an issue. This is just my .02 cents.

Forum Member

Hey there New on the board here but have been checking it out lately as I am going through this process as well. Does anybody know if they will post your CPAT test on your application status once they receive it?? I sent mine in earlier in the week and just want to make sure that is gets there. I would hate to miss the deadline when I have it. Good luck to all those going through this as well! Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rydog2223 View Post
    Hey there New on the board here but have been checking it out lately as I am going through this process as well. Does anybody know if they will post your CPAT test on your application status once they receive it?? I sent mine in earlier in the week and just want to make sure that is gets there. I would hate to miss the deadline when I have it. Good luck to all those going through this as well! Thanks
    CPAT is not due until Feb 11th.

Forum Member

Hey peterbound thanks! I am aware of that but I sent it in just so I would have it done and over with. I'm looking to find out if they post it on your application status that they received it. Thanks again!

Forum Member

Default CPAT at Pike's Peak full

Tried to get in to the CPAT at Pikes Peak CC but was told it was full (after calling the department, got no reply from M. Ferguson). I haven't found any other offerings in the area that will get a card before Colorado Springs deadline. I found one 8 hrs away on the 28th, register by the 14th. Looking for some people to split the ride. If you missed Pike's Peak CC test and need CPAT, respond.

Forum Member

Who told you it was full? After reading your post it seems like you just called and got no response. They have one every weekend, i couldn't imagine it getting that full that fast.

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Who told you it was full? After reading your post it seems like you just called and got no response. They have one every weekend, i couldn't imagine it getting that full that fast.
    peterbound,
    I've left a lot of messages and never heard a respond back, is there a time that you know works best to contact him?

Thread Information