Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rydog2223 View Post
    Hey there New on the board here but have been checking it out lately as I am going through this process as well. Does anybody know if they will post your CPAT test on your application status once they receive it?? I sent mine in earlier in the week and just want to make sure that is gets there. I would hate to miss the deadline when I have it. Good luck to all those going through this as well! Thanks
    CPAT is not due until Feb 11th.

Forum Member

Hey peterbound thanks! I am aware of that but I sent it in just so I would have it done and over with. I'm looking to find out if they post it on your application status that they received it. Thanks again!

Forum Member

Default CPAT at Pike's Peak full

Tried to get in to the CPAT at Pikes Peak CC but was told it was full (after calling the department, got no reply from M. Ferguson). I haven't found any other offerings in the area that will get a card before Colorado Springs deadline. I found one 8 hrs away on the 28th, register by the 14th. Looking for some people to split the ride. If you missed Pike's Peak CC test and need CPAT, respond.

Forum Member

Who told you it was full? After reading your post it seems like you just called and got no response. They have one every weekend, i couldn't imagine it getting that full that fast.

ljm
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Who told you it was full? After reading your post it seems like you just called and got no response. They have one every weekend, i couldn't imagine it getting that full that fast.
    peterbound,
    I've left a lot of messages and never heard a respond back, is there a time that you know works best to contact him?

Forum Member

I don't know if it's full. I am taking it today and yes, Mr Ferguson is terrible at communication. Took me 4 days to finally gt a response from him. He said there are no more planned dates after today's testing. Hopefully you figure something out.

Forum Member

peterbound, only through basic overassertiveness did I get a sign-up for the CPAT on 1/7 at Pikes Peak CC. I think Mr. Ferguson has been bombarded with calls and emails, and might be in a fetal position under his desk right now.
    The National Testing Network is offering some cpat tests between now and 2/11, I signed up for one in Phoenix on 2/5. I think there are openings as well at the Everett, Wash., and Salem, Oregon, testing sites.

Forum Member

I find the removal of the EMT difficult to believe.
    It's not surprising if math and reading are Pass/Fail; the % scored on Math and Reading is evidently completely irrelevant to the total score.

Really comforting (NOT) that Mr. EMT could've squeaked by with a 70% in math (after chasing the test around the country and taking it for the 5th time) while he's figuring out the drip count on a family member's IV.
    Last edited by wm25burke; 01-20-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Forum Member

Hey guys, it's been a year since this discussion, but I am reviving it.

I knew that the Springs hired a class for 2011, so I figured I'd be applying next year for a 2013 class. Much to my surprise, they are hiring right now. I'm testing next month.

After following this thread, I'm a little confused. Did the list from last year NOT last for two years? Or did they maybe just not have what they wanted?

Does anyone have any information on how many they are hiring and when they plan to start the class?

Thanks!

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdderr12 View Post
    After following this thread, I'm a little confused. Did the list from last year NOT last for two years? Or did they maybe just not have what they wanted?

Does anyone have any information on how many they are hiring and when they plan to start the class?

Thanks!
    When testing last year I remember them saying that it would only be a 1 yr list, so this testing is as planned. Don't have any insight into your other questions though.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

Good to know, thanks.

Forum Member

About 20, maybe a few more than that.

Forum Member

The last I heard the chiefs said 14-16

Forum Member

Who here is scheduled the test. I just got the email to schedule my test date 2 days ago. I struck out on south metro fire

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Forum Member

Nice area, same situation as alot of other citys,

Current issues. In order to combat the nearly $38 million budget shortfall projected in 2010 caused by current economic conditions resulting in decreased sales taxes, a proposal to increase property taxes by $10 million over five years was approved for the November 2009 ballot by the city council on August 25, 2009. Issue 2C was voted down on November 3, 2009. An attempt to reform the city's Taxpayers Bill of Rights (TABOR) was considered but not put on the ballot.[28] As a result the city reduced fire and police jobs, stopped paving roads, eliminated evening and weekend bus service, reduced public trash control, turned off city street lights, and asked residents to mow the grass in their neighborhood parks

This was pasted from Wikipedia.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by washedupFF View Post
    Nice area, same situation as alot of other citys,

Current issues. In order to combat the nearly $38 million budget shortfall projected in 2010 caused by current economic conditions resulting in decreased sales taxes, a proposal to increase property taxes by $10 million over five years was approved for the November 2009 ballot by the city council on August 25, 2009. Issue 2C was voted down on November 3, 2009. An attempt to reform the city's Taxpayers Bill of Rights (TABOR) was considered but not put on the ballot.[28] As a result the city reduced fire and police jobs, stopped paving roads, eliminated evening and weekend bus service, reduced public trash control, turned off city street lights, and asked residents to mow the grass in their neighborhood parks

This was pasted from Wikipedia.
    Thats funny because police and fire jobs were not cut. I think maybe they made a few retire early but thats it. Everything else they did is true.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Default List timeline?

Anyone heard definitively if this is another 1 year list like last year?
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Forum Member

I asked during the orientation. They said that it was a one year list with the option to extend.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azsparky View Post
    Who here is scheduled the test. I just got the email to schedule my test date 2 days ago. I struck out on south metro fire
    I struck out as well. I'm testing for the Springs on the 7th. I'm going to try to be a walk in at Denver that week as well, since I'll be flying in.

Forum Member

Has anyone here tested with the Springs before, that also tested recently with South Metro?

I have heard that the tests are identical. Can someone confirm this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    Has anyone here tested with the Springs before, that also tested recently with South Metro?

I have heard that the tests are identical. Can someone confirm this?
    Yes same stupid fireteam test.
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Thank you!

ljm
    Forum Member

Identical test...Fireteam. I've heard that they are scored based on how the department tests (ie - the department, assuming a subset of guys/gals, take it creating a baseline. You are scored on how your answers line up to their answers). <- That is just what I've heard...I have no real proof about how accurate that is.

Moral of the story, it's the same test, different results based on department using it. I "B" banded with Aurora's and "D" banded with the Springs...I'm not able to make this test, but good luck to all of you!

Thread Information