Forum Member

Default Anyone leaving for Iraq OCT 4 2010?

I am leaving for Iraq on oct 4 with WSI. Is there anyone on here leaving the same day?

Forum Member

What is Bonnies email address? I lost my mailbox addresses and need to ask her a question. She is the one who notified you about your deployment date. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireteam44 View Post
    What is Bonnies email address? I lost my mailbox addresses and need to ask her a question. She is the one who notified you about your deployment date. Thanks
    Don't know her email. If you find it out can you PM me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalli1978 View Post
    I am leaving for Iraq on oct 4 with WSI. Is there anyone on here leaving the same day?
    I got a call from a guy from Sallyport, and he asked if I could leave October 4th, and I said yes. So I might be in the same group as you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CAFireman View Post
    I got a call from a guy from Sallyport, and he asked if I could leave October 4th, and I said yes. So I might be in the same group as you.
    Did you initially apply with WSI or Sallyport?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalli1978 View Post
    Did you initially apply with WSI or Sallyport?
    WSI, I did the physical and whole nine yards with WSI. But after I found out that WSI lost the contract I applied with SP, and that was about 2 weeks ago. I got a call from a guy that was with SP, he called from Iraq. After the call from him, I got several emails from a Miss Kristie Werning. One with an Offer Letter, and the others with Iraq info and stuff like that, all with SP letter heads. The guy asked if I could go to Houston the fourth of October and I said yes.
    Who did you go through?
    Last edited by CAFireman; 09-20-2010 at 05:49 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ....

I sure hope WSI forwards over all the applications to Sallyport. I applied 2 weeks ago...and still nothing(applied with sallyport 2 months ago)
    Last edited by blaker19; 09-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Forum Member

I just applied this weekend and already have an offer. Do you have ARFF? That could be the missing link

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by bigefiremac View Post
    I just applied this weekend and already have an offer. Do you have ARFF? That could be the missing link
    Yep, no ARFF. Im always coming up short...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaker19 View Post
    Yep, no ARFF. Im always coming up short...
    Thats what she said...

Forum Member

You don't need ARFF for the Iraq contract. It helps but they have plenty of structural bases also. I am over here now. We will transition to SP next week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by jwaskow View Post
    Thats what she said...
    HA! Yep!

No ARFF...I keep hoping to get something in the mail or a phone call...I can't figure it out. I've looked over my resume countless times. I remember back in 2006 when I had just finished the fire academy and applied...I was getting emails and phone calls the next day. But at that time I didnt have the years of experience.

Forum Member

Dude look here, if you're not to far into debt I wouldn't worry about going over. Yes the money is good, yes it's an experience of a lifetime. However it is hell trying to get a job back in the states afterwards. It took me a year to the day until I got a job back here. And when I say the day, I mean I was offered and accepted the job exactly one year later from when I landed back in US soil. So just sit back and think about the choices that you're wanting to make, and do the pro vs con board as well.

Forum Member

Dude look here, if you're not to far into debt I wouldn't worry about going over. Yes the money is good, yes it's an experience of a lifetime. However it is hell trying to get a job back in the states afterwards. It took me a year to the day until I got a job back here. And when I say the day, I mean I was offered and accepted the job exactly one year later from when I landed back in US soil. So just sit back and think about the choices that you're wanting to make, and do the pro vs con board as well.
    If you went over there to help you get a job back here....you definitely went there for the wrong reason.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    If you went over there to help you get a job back here....you definitely went there for the wrong reason.
    And exactly how do you 'help' over there... EveryF'in firefighter over there is there for the money. If they say they're not, they're BS'ing ya. However I do feel great knowing that you know the exact reasons as to why I went over there in the first place.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigefiremac View Post
    u got a offer fromm who

Forum Member

Smile so whats the process now

ok does sally port do the samething as wsi with pshycial and all that where they send u the big thick packet and our own dr does the work not theres and we send all the info back.

Forum Member

Thomas,
    Do yourself a favor and change your screen name.

Forum Member

hey thanks why do u know me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    hey thanks why do u know me
    Regardless if he knows you or not, it's more of 'if you go to Iraq' scenario. The people who sit at HQ and have nothing to do but get on these forums pretty much monitor them. You wouldn't want to slip up before you get there.

Forum Member

Default Need a question answered

Im due to deploy this month also, need a question answered about internet access over there. Do you have to bring your own computer? My wife wants to use Skype on the computer so I wondered about access. Otherwise, how do others do contact?

Thanks!

AB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLFIRE1975 View Post
    Im due to deploy this month also, need a question answered about internet access over there. Do you have to bring your own computer? My wife wants to use Skype on the computer so I wondered about access. Otherwise, how do others do contact?

Thanks!

AB
    If you want to do Skype you have to have your own computer and personal internet access. It really varies site to site as to how good the internet is. The company computers you can't access anything like Facebook, Myspace, Messenger, Skype, etc. Just e-mail and work related stuff.

Forum Member

Regardless if he knows you or not, it's more of 'if you go to Iraq' scenario. The people who sit at HQ and have nothing to do but get on these forums pretty much monitor them. You wouldn't want to slip up before you get there.
    very true dont wanna be on the hitlist

Thread Information