Forum Member
    A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

Default Protech 8 Fusion gloves. Good or Bad??

Hello, I just ordered a the new Tech-Trade Protech 8 Fusion gloves. I was using Glove Corp. Blazefighter gloves for a little over a year and loved them. They had a lot of movement and held up very well until I just got a hole about 3 inches wide in of the fingers. I was on the fence with going back to the Blazefighters or trying something new. I decided used to own a pair of the 1st Protechs and they felt great, except they were terrible for donning/doffing when wet. I have heard Tech-Trade has corrected this problem with the Titian and Fusion gloves. Anyone use the Fusion? If so what are your thoughts? Did I make a good choice or should of I bought another pair of Blazefighters?? Thanks.
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

MembersZone Subscriber

So far I have had my fusion's three weeks and have prob used them at 8 to ten fires. No problems getting them on wet at all it seems like they have fixed the problem I think you will be happy with them. So far they seem to be holding up great too. I have never used the Blazefighters but I have heard good things about them as well as the Dragon fire gloves. I have been happy with all the Pro tech gloves I have used over the years. I have used them all so far.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've had the Titan-K's for a couple months and they're still tough to get on when wet. Based on the above perhaps that's fixed in the Fusions.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

I have a set on the way now. I talked with tech trade directly to find out what was different about the gloves. The main thing that changed for us, is the glove uses a new inner liner that is much easier to don and doff when wet. The Titan still has this issue.

Forum Member

I have them and they're great, no issues donning them while wet or dry. I had a set of blaze fighter's and they're good gloves but I'm glad I bought the Fusions.

Forum Member
    A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

I received the gloves in the mail yesterday and I am on shift today and we caught a decent room and contents fire today. One of my biggest concerns was how hard they would be to don/doff when I got them wet. I noticed that the liner used in the Fusions is not the same liner used in the original Pro-Tech's. This liner seems more rugged and it seemed very easy to don/doff the glove when wet. Has anyone had any problems getting them on/off when wet/dry? I made the mistake of getting them in Large (which is what my Blazefighters were) and I am going to be sending them back to get them in XL. The area around the fingers is a little to tight, but other then that they feel great.
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Thread Information