Forum Member

Default Quarterly SAFER Reporting

What kind of reports are you using for quarterly compliance or non-compliance reports if you have received SAFER funding? We have Firehouse software and I've used a couple of modifications, but I'd like to get more detail. Suggestions or modified reports welcome! Thanks....

MembersZone Subscriber

The reporting for SAFER is really pretty basic, a simple narrative, totals on how many people you have, how many you have recruited, how many you have lost, in the quarter and since the start of the grant.

Not real sure what more you would need

Forum Member

The "General Compliance" section asks how many of the structure fires you responded to are in compliance with NFPA 1710 or 1720. EMS, no problem....Single Engine, no problem....Full Alarm Assignment, need more detail. The report I have shows the "avg # of personnel per response" for each area, but what is considered the minimum number of personnel on full alarm assignment? I ask because it's different for residential versus commercial.

Also, I don't have a list of data to look back on if I do NOT comply and want to see where the problem is. Just wondering what other departments are using to gather data.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dtruelove View Post
    The "General Compliance" section asks how many of the structure fires you responded to are in compliance with NFPA 1710 or 1720. EMS, no problem....Single Engine, no problem....Full Alarm Assignment, need more detail. The report I have shows the "avg # of personnel per response" for each area, but what is considered the minimum number of personnel on full alarm assignment? I ask because it's different for residential versus commercial.

Also, I don't have a list of data to look back on if I do NOT comply and want to see where the problem is. Just wondering what other departments are using to gather data.
    My mistake - I bet you are talking about a hiring SAFER, not a R&R SAFER.

Forum Member

Yes, I should have clarified. Thanks....

MembersZone Subscriber

In Firehouse there is a 1710 report under Incident Statistical Detail that gives you all the info you would need for your SAFER report. However, that data is only available if you are also filing out the 1710/1720 infromation in the addtional reports section.

Forum Member

We do use 1710/1720, but the reports I've found do not include personnel, they only list response times. Which report have you found for personnel? Thanks!

Thread Information