Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Just exactly how dense is this kid? Would someone please draw him a picture and explain using small words that disrespect isn't criminal? Lucky for him, neither is stupidity!
    So far he has managed to stir the pot everywhere he posts. So at least he is consistant.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    So far he has managed to stir the pot everywhere he posts. So at least he is consistant.
    Must be related to LA or Crowbar!
    Last edited by BULL321; 09-30-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Savage / Hyneman 08'

I wonder if he has put as much thought into the parts of this job that actually matter as he has into how to decorate his helmet.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Forum Member

Setting aside the "is it a flag or is it an image" debacle...

I'm just confused by the fact that he wants to "personalize" his helmet, but came here to ask for advice on how to personalize his helmet. Might just be me though.

Carry on. I was actually enjoying reading the rules/regs of flag display.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    I prefer pink spray paint. With sparkles.
    Coupled with a pair of steer's horns sticking out each side and Odin-Valhalla-rules, written round the circumference in luminous paint
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

I don't have anything against individuality, but I do have an issue with firefighters that go to extreme lengths to draw attention to themselves.

I guess I am old school and still believe in the team concept. We all wear the same thing, eat the same junk, sleep in the same kind of bunk, and lose the same amount of sleep. I don't need stickers on my helmet to make me feel better about myself and they sure don't make me better at my job.

The guys that feel the need to make it about them are dangerous to the rest of us mere mortals. I'm just glad he isn't on my crew. I might have to do something that would hurt his feelings.

It is just a Helmet... not a billboard! It is designed to protect your head and brains...

Ooops, sorry, didn't realize the brains were already compromised.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't have anything against individuality, but I do have an issue with firefighters that go to extreme lengths to draw attention to themselves.

I guess I am old school and still believe in the team concept. We all wear the same thing, eat the same junk, sleep in the same kind of bunk, and lose the same amount of sleep. I don't need stickers on my helmet to make me feel better about myself and they sure don't make me better at my job.

The guys that feel the need to make it about them are dangerous to the rest of us mere mortals. I'm just glad he isn't on my crew. I might have to do something that would hurt his feelings.

It is just a Helmet... not a billboard! It is designed to protect your head and brains...

You have to remember HE IS NOT A FF but rides/works off of the meat wagon so maybe he does need the stickers to make him feel better about himself.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Just because I want my helmet to look the way I want it to look, within regulations and safety standards, does not mean that I "feel the need to make it about [me]". It means that I just don't the standard appearance, and if there's no harm in changing it up a bit, then why shouldn't I? Do I really need to look like everybody else on the team to be part of the team?

My station is a combination station. In full turnout gear, there are very few people that actually look identical. Not even the career guys. Some of them have older helmets. Some of them have Brand X of turnout gear that was bought last year, some of them have Brand Y of turnout gear that was bought two years ago, etc. Same thing for the volunteers. In fact, there are so many different helmets, and so many variations of helmet fronts in current use, that one evening I decided to take pictures of some of the fronts, just so I could see if I could get some kind of consensus on how to design my own helmet's front...which I wanted to do, because as far as I was able to find out, there was no set standard as to what it had to look like (which is quite evident from the wide variety of helmet fronts in current use): http://gallery.me.com/jjr512#100941 Out of those eight helmets, how many are the same? None! But now I bet you're about to say that must mean it's a crappy, ineffective station since they can't even decide on a simple helmet standard, am I right?

And about your final comment, allow me to paraphrase one of the great members of this forum: Are you one of those little people that needs to insult others to feed their tiny ego?

Forum Member

Bravo... very well played sir.

Administrator

Default Thread Closed

This thread has gotten off-topic and is therefore being closed.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information