Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Engine_02 View Post
    Hi, My name is mike, i am a cherokee county explorer, i also 3rd ride with atlanta at least 1 shift a week, i am not yet 18 so i cant get hired, we just had a big problem with fireman posting pictures of fire and wrecks on facebook. I understand the hippa law, you cant have any patient info or anything that could identify a patient online. I was asked to remove my pictures from fires we have had. Does anyone know the rule on posting fires and stuff. My youtube name is goyankees1414, there are videos i have made while on shift. Are they ok?, or do i have to worry about getting in trouble. Please help guys. Thanks.

Check out my atlanta fire battalion 5 vid on youtube and comment with it is ok or not.
    I don't see anything wrong with your video. It's actually one of the best ones i've seen in a long while.

Forum Member

As an explorer, jr. firefighter, probie, or visitor, leave your phone at home or in a car because you will get looked down on and it wont be good. You should never post pictures of calls anywhere! You can get into major legal trouble for doing it

Forum Member

Firedog,

Of course YOU wouldn;t see anything wrong with anything another "Junior / Explorer" would do would you?.......

Doesn;t matter who or what someone is doing....IF your in Uniform/Bunker Gear etc.....YOU are rep'ing the Department......

Therfore NO ONE except an authorized Photographer/videographer should be taking any pics......( General Populous exempted, cause we can have no control over them)....

Good vids/ pics or not..A Junior / Explorer shouldn;t be taking them and then posting them..PERIOD..

Wanna take pics...ask the Chief..then turn them INTO the Department for THEM to decide what to post or use...NOT YOUR say...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by yuanyelss View Post
    I just asked that if they wanted to post it on facebook and other social networking sites to please show them to me first. I always told our explorers that taking pictures and videos was great and encouraged it.
    I'm of the exact opposite mind. Put yourself in the shoes of the property owner. You're standing there watching everything you own go up in smoke, firefighters knocking the windows out of your house and doing what they can to fight the fire. And in the meantime, damaging the house more with the amount of water required. Which, although you fully understand the need, all you see is your property going up in smoke... and some *sshole is standing there in turnout gear taking pictures? When people are angry and upset, they'll often lash out at whatever lightning rod presents itself - and someone who is supposed to be fighting the fire taking pictures sure seems like a decent target. If he doesn't bitch you out at the fire scene, he may bitch you out at through the media later in yet another "those damned firefighters didn't do enough to save my property - hell, they were more interested in taking pictures than fighting the damned fire!" stories.

Leave the camera at home. And definitely leave it off facebook - you don't need to show how hardcore you are to your friends.

If your department tells you to take them down, take them down... especially as an explorer, it will not help to tick off management. As for HIPPA, no patients, no violations
    Firefighting - one of the few professions left that still makes house calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights FF View Post
    Firedog,

Of course YOU wouldn;t see anything wrong with anything another "Junior / Explorer" would do would you?.......

Doesn;t matter who or what someone is doing....IF your in Uniform/Bunker Gear etc.....YOU are rep'ing the Department......

Therfore NO ONE except an authorized Photographer/videographer should be taking any pics......( General Populous exempted, cause we can have no control over them)....

Good vids/ pics or not..A Junior / Explorer shouldn;t be taking them and then posting them..PERIOD..

Wanna take pics...ask the Chief..then turn them INTO the Department for THEM to decide what to post or use...NOT YOUR say...

OK. On this issue he is correct it is not acceptable conduct to simply take photos and post them. Your chief may allow it in some instances. Ask permission and get it cleared prior to posting.

Northern Lights FF. Everywhere I go here you are slamming these kids. BACK OFF In another thread you stated that your dept doesn't have any juniors. NEWS FLASH DUDE YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY. Lay off these kids they are trying to do the right thing usually, your just being a real S.O.B. to them.

Thread Information