Thread: Funny 911 Call

Forum Member

Default Funny 911 Call

Well yesterday I was learning about SCBA and how to tie some common knots, a call came in during this. I asked what the call was and apparently it was a rescue. A rescue because this woman caught her arm in the drivers side seat. When the LT. said this I started laughing and he tried not to laugh but I could see a smirk on his face.
    “The more you sweat in practice the less you bleed in battle"

Forum Member

You will find that Life is always funnier than anything you could ever make up.

Most of us have been on calls that still make us laugh. Of course, we have to control ourselves when doing our job...

Not good to laugh at the guy in the tub that has his big toe stuck in the drain.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    You will find that Life is always funnier than anything you could ever make up.

Most of us have been on calls that still make us laugh. Of course, we have to control ourselves when doing our job...

Not good to laugh at the guy in the tub that has his big toe stuck in the drain.

OR the lady in the same position too!!!

Always find a towel and cover them up.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

You can make a serious call funny and at the same time,get rid of the vultures standing on a overpass watching your company crawl around looking for a possible child ejection on the highway.
    A Captain took the TIC up on the overpass to see if he could spot for certain anything that looked like a small child.
    People were asking him what that camera was for so he told them that it might have been a meth lab wrecked out and he was using the camera to detect any airborne chemicals which would glow on human skin.
    Someone was behind him and saw what he was talking about(people's faces glowing brightly on the TIC screen) and said "Sh** fire!Y'all got that stuff all over your faces!".
    All the vultures took off for home and presumably the showers to clean themselves of what it was that made their faces glow in the dark.
    Whatever the reason,there wasn't anyone out there but us,the department whose district the call was actually in and the county coroner's van.

P.S. It turned out to be unfounded.There were only two occupants in the vehicle and they had borrowed a friend's car that had a baby seat in the back.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Always find a towel and cover them up.
    Unless they are a hottie!!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Unless they are a hottie!!
    Which will never happen.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Which will never happen.
    Only on TV. There was an episode of Emergency! in which an attractive female got her big toe stuck in the bathtub faucet. Flustered poor Johnny so much he had to leave the room.

Forum Member

More likely it will be something like

or

(credit to google image search for "fat ugly crack whore")
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

You forgot Rosie.
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

I think I'm very glad the first picture didn't show up for me!

Was directing traffic at a fatal...up on an overpass.....got tired of people stopping and asking what was going on (extended extrication of victim down on the highway, helicoptor, fire apparatus everywhere.....).....anyway, finally my pat answer became -

a submarine sank!.....that finally shut people up.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    I think I'm very glad the first picture didn't show up for me!

Was directing traffic at a fatal...up on an overpass.....got tired of people stopping and asking what was going on (extended extrication of victim down on the highway, helicoptor, fire apparatus everywhere.....).....anyway, finally my pat answer became -

a submarine sank!.....that finally shut people up.....

The first photo was bad but the second was gross!

I have known folks who was that big.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    You forgot Rosie.

Ummm which one youse talking about?

Forum Member

I thought that it was Roy who had to leave because of what "Jo Anne" would have thought of his being in a room with a naked woman who was in a tub.
    Since yer dating yourself with that reference,how about referring to "Third Watch" or "Rescue Me" for the younger folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by JJR512 View Post
    Only on TV. There was an episode of Emergency! in which an attractive female got her big toe stuck in the bathtub faucet. Flustered poor Johnny so much he had to leave the room.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    I thought that it was Roy who had to leave because of what "Jo Anne" would have thought of his being in a room with a naked woman who was in a tub.
    Since yer dating yourself with that reference,how about referring to "Third Watch" or "Rescue Me" for the younger folks here.
    Well, I'm 15 and it was Johnny who had to leave the room leaving Roy to extricate the toe!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Never watched a single episode of Third Watch (wasn't interested in fire/ems at the time), and I kind of missed out on Rescue Me, but I'm trying to get ahold of the DVD sets.

Actually, that episode of Emergency! was on just the other day. (I was born in '75, by the way.) The network RTV (Retro Television) shows it daily at 3pm. I forget exactly what the dispatch said, but when they got there, the mother came out and said her little girl got her toe stuck in the faucet. Then they open the door, expecting to literally find a little girl, except the "little" girl is more like ~18. Gage got real flustered, kept stammering about how he expected the girl to be "little", the mother said "little", and so on. Then they both kind of stared at her for a moment, then the girl asked if someone would please help her. Gage says he's going to get some info and asks the mother to step out of the room with him, leaving Roy all by himself. He kneels down next to the tub and asks the girl to hand him the soap, she starts to reach for it then he says no, he'll grab it himself, reaches over her and grabs it. Then he rubs her toe with the soap, kind of keeping his back to her, her toe falls out, and he gets up and walks out, sort of keeping his back to her the whole time. He may have said something, I forget, but you could tell he was in a hurry to get out.

I don't see why they were so nervous. If it had been me, I would have said, "How YOU doin'?" (No, I would have been just like them, probably.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee
    Ummm which one youse talking about?
    This one......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Now I'm sorry I brought up the tub extrication.... blub blub blub...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    This one......
    Oh that one. That is a fellow poster in hereeeeeee.

Forum Member

We have sunk to a new level....

Forum Member

We have??

Sure hope not!!

Forum Member

Okay,it's been a while since I've had cable and oddly enough,the day before I had it shut off,that episode was on Retro.
    Thanks.I couldn't recall who had done what on that call but it always seemed like when Johnny,Chet or anyone on that show wanted Roy to go with them to have fun,he had to go home to JoAnne.
    Guess we know that he understood that "It's not who wears the pants that matters in this house.It's who wears the panties."

Quote Originally Posted by JJR512 View Post
    Never watched a single episode of Third Watch (wasn't interested in fire/ems at the time), and I kind of missed out on Rescue Me, but I'm trying to get ahold of the DVD sets.

Actually, that episode of Emergency! was on just the other day. (I was born in '75, by the way.) The network RTV (Retro Television) shows it daily at 3pm. I forget exactly what the dispatch said, but when they got there, the mother came out and said her little girl got her toe stuck in the faucet. Then they open the door, expecting to literally find a little girl, except the "little" girl is more like ~18. Gage got real flustered, kept stammering about how he expected the girl to be "little", the mother said "little", and so on. Then they both kind of stared at her for a moment, then the girl asked if someone would please help her. Gage says he's going to get some info and asks the mother to step out of the room with him, leaving Roy all by himself. He kneels down next to the tub and asks the girl to hand him the soap, she starts to reach for it then he says no, he'll grab it himself, reaches over her and grabs it. Then he rubs her toe with the soap, kind of keeping his back to her, her toe falls out, and he gets up and walks out, sort of keeping his back to her the whole time. He may have said something, I forget, but you could tell he was in a hurry to get out.

I don't see why they were so nervous. If it had been me, I would have said, "How YOU doin'?" (No, I would have been just like them, probably.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Which will never happen.
    example 1, was called out to a local strip club on a "stripper down", being the concernd first responder that i am i rushed to give aid....
    well turned out this big ol gal busted the poll loose and landed on her head. not a sight for the weak stomach folks! she was sent to the hospital with minor injurys

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by monkybrainz View Post
    example 1, was called out to a local strip club on a "stripper down", being the concernd first responder that i am i rushed to give aid....
    well turned out this big ol gal busted the poll loose and landed on her head. not a sight for the weak stomach folks! she was sent to the hospital with minor injurys
    Hey lady if I give $10.00 will you put your cloths back on?

No mam you can keep the tarp, No mam is fine we'll buy a new one. No mam no problem at all. No thank you have a nice day.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by monkybrainz View Post
    What? They allowed you in there with those scantly clad women?? Say it ain't so!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Hey lady if I give $10.00 will you put your cloths back on?

No mam you can keep the tarp, No mam is fine we'll buy a new one. No mam no problem at all. No thank you have a nice day.
    yep!
    shortly after that one, there was a mva call, but when we got there the vehical was in a ditch, windshield bashed, and no people. so we did an area search and came up empty..thinking they ran off and now it a police matter, till a worker in the dollar store came up to us and said the girl was inside shopping! she was walking around aimlessly with arm fulls of random stuff! when approched we were told by her "it's ok, my dad will give me a ride home".
    well you can pretty much guess the rest of the scenario and who really gave her a ride, and it wasnt home..
    we made sure she was ok, and handed her over to the athorities...

Thread Information