Forum Member

Default Ethics/Legal Question

deleted due to possible legal problems
    Last edited by rodmills23; 10-06-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: advised to delete due to possible legal problems

Forum Member

Sounds like you have to look at your job description to see If physical activity is required

If it is not sure how you can get around that, unless you show it to your doctor and he says you are able to do the require stuff, even tough you may never do it

Forum Member

Are you part or can you be part of the union if there is one there???

Forum Member

job description didnt say anything about performing duties as a firefighter, and I also can't be a part of the union I am considered salary employee.

Forum Member

Sorry about your health isues my friend.

I have been there and done that as well. First one was in 2000. Learn to pace yourself and change your bad habits. But you didn't come here for me to tell you that. That was just advice from one Officer to another.

The doctor orders in most cases will trump your wishes. You might try to make a deal with him: Doc, let me return and I'll let you monitor my activities. That is what I had to do to get passed the Medical Board and my annual Fitness Review.

You speak of Air Force Requirements... this could be a game changer since they can retire you at their will. If you are a civi-FF, then you don't own your destiny.

As for the Chief leaving the station without a Chief Officer on duty, I was under the impression he can appoint a subordinate to act in a higher authority for a limited period, if they met the basic qualifications.

-----

I've been around Pro Board and IFSTA for many years. I am an IFSTA instructor and closely associated. The claim that Certifications were bought and the tests were compromised is very serious. This claim questions the integrity of the IFSTA Certification process.

You need to ask the ones making the claim if they will stake their reputation on this claim? Will they swear to it? Otherwise, shut up. They could find themselves defending a slander or defamation suit since these charges are very damaging, not just the Chief, but the Instructor as well.

But now, because you have posted this, you have included yourself in these charges. Tread carefully sir.

For this to have occurred, there would have to be conspiracy. Because I do not know you or the firefighters making this claim, I must question the reliability of this claim. How do they know this? Were they present to witness this? Are they willing to testify and swear to that claim in a court of law? If not, and they are speculating, and they should shut up.

You have now put this claim out there, and I must question it, but also ask for proof. Why don't you send me a pm with the information and we can discuss it.

Sir, you are a Battallion Chief. While you may be on medical leave, you still have your responsibility to act accordingly. If you suspect something is wrong, you are duty bound to report it. Since the info comes to you after you have been away, could this be a no-confidence movement against the Chief? It happens, and some believe the fastest way to climb the ladder is to knock off the King. This rarely works, and usually backfires causing much discomfort to the ones involved. So I urge caution.

Unless these guys are willing to put it all on the line, then tell them to grow up and leave the drama on the playground.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Thanks PK I will PM you and get some advice on these issues.

Forum Member

Suggest you also post this same question under the federal thread a few doors down and you should get some replies from fed guys Also maybe post on

http://www.dodfire.net/forum/login.a...et=default.asp

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

My suggestion is you delete your post and pray nobody at your base or that knows you saw it.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Good idea Fyred...

This is a dangerous game.

WEBTEAM: Please delete this thread.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

thanks guys for the advice...... will delete it myself

Thread Information