Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Bridgeton, Maine: A little birdy told me......

........That they know how to throw ground ladders there in an efficient, orderly military manner!!!!

Congrats to you guys on your recent accomplishment. Now if we can just convince you about the waste of space on that ladder truck of yours! (just kidding!!!! hehehehehehehe!)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Is this another Metz dig???

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Is this another Metz dig???
    Negative. This is legitimate praise. See the text of the email below, certain information has been redacted to protect the guilty (the one who sent it to me!)

FRYEBURG ó Bridgton won both the Rescue Drag and the Ladder competition in Sundayís 37th annual Firemenís Muster at Fryeburg Fair to emerge as the overall champion on a spectacular fall day.

A total of 18 teams competed, including one from Rhode Island. Bridgton was awarded the Bob Butters Trophy and will have its name engraved along with past winners. Brownfield, winner of the Dry Hose competition, took away Sportsmanship honors.

Bridgton team members are John Magnifico, Steve Thomas, Kevin Adams, Katherine Ross, Brad Vincent, Josh Wells and Evelyn Klecman.

Fryeburg Fair began giving out the Butters trophy in 1995 in memory of the longtime Norway chief. Two of his children still serve as officials for the muster, Randy and Bonnie Seams. Windham won the first trophy, followed by North Conway, N.H., in 1996 and Waterford in 1997. Bowdoinham took overall honors in 1998 and Waterford won it the next five years.

In 2004, Kennebunk came away the winner and Sumner in 2005. Waterford returned to victory in 2006 to earn its seventh win in nine years. Lovell captured the top prize in a close contest in 2007, hometown Fryeburg in 2008 and neighboring North Conway, N.H., last year. Waterford won the Wet Hose but finished a close fourth.

The muster leadership spans three generations. Corliss Watson chairs the event with his son, Clyde, who is assisted by his grandson, Gabe.

Results

Dry Hose

1. Brownfield, 17.69 secs,

2.Wales, 19.89

3. Restone, N.H., 20.07

Wet Hose

1. Waterford, 15.20

2. Paris, 15.27

3. Canton, 15.83

Ladder

1. Bridgton, 8.84

2. Brownfield, 9.58

3. Gilead, 9.59

Rescue Drag

1. Bridgton, 10.11

2. Paris, 10.24

3. Canton, 10.61

Ball Squirt

1. Chesterville

2. Bridgton

3. Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    ........That they know how to throw ground ladders there in an efficient, orderly military manner!!!!

Congrats to you guys on your recent accomplishment. Now if we can just convince you about the waste of space on that ladder truck of yours! (just kidding!!!! hehehehehehehe!)
    I TOLD you NOT to eat the Mouse droppings! Since I teach the Ladder course most of the time,I'm VERY pleased with crew's WIN. They did a GREAT job,some really good teams this year. T.C.

WHAT "wasted space"???????????? T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    WHAT "wasted space"???????????? T.C.
    That waste of compartment space and ground ladder storage space behind the cab- you know, the one with the intakes and discharges!!!???

Forum Member

Default Tim knows

[QUOTE=FWDbuff;1211372]Negative. This is legitimate praise. See the text of the email below, certain information has been redacted to protect the guilty (the one who sent it to me!)

It's OK. Tim knows I sent the info to you. I sent my congrats to him with a copy of the story and suggested he send it to you. He didn't want to blow his own horn so I sent it and told him so..... after the fact.

That waste of compartment space and ground ladder storage space behind the cab- you know, the one with the intakes and discharges!!!???
    That so called WASTE of space is QUITE valuable here in the sticks.You MAY eventually get that thru that piece of California Redwood you call a skull,hehe T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    That so called WASTE of space is QUITE valuable here in the sticks.You MAY eventually get that thru that piece of California Redwood you call a skull,hehe T.C.
    Look, don't blame me, it was my upbringing!!! Daddy always said that a real ladder truck has two steerin' wheels and NO pump!!! hehehehehehehe

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah.............

Daddy always said that a real ladder truck has two steerin' wheels and NO pump!!! hehehehehehehe

Only one set of Brakes Too...........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

[QUOTE=tomwnh]
    Negative. This is legitimate praise. See the text of the email below, certain information has been redacted to protect the guilty (the one who sent it to me!)

It's OK. Tim knows I sent the info to you. I sent my congrats to him with a copy of the story and suggested he send it to you. He didn't want to blow his own horn so I sent it and told him so..... after the fact.
    That is just too funny. Tom gave me the speel after I posted the "Metz dig".

Congrats Tim, good job.

And thanks too, to Tom.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Look, don't blame me, it was my upbringing!!! Daddy always said that a real ladder truck has two steerin' wheels and NO pump!!! hehehehehehehe
    DADDY is CORRECT! ASSuming you have a LADDER. I,HOWEVER,have a PLATFORM! WHICH would,for OUR application,make OUR Vehicle CORRECT. T.C.

Thread Information