Forum Member

Default question about my ribcage helpppp!

Yesterday I was with my friend and he had to take photos for a class.Anyways to make a long storry short i jumped off somthing about 10 feet high the jump was fine i landed fine.But a couple minutes later my rib cage starts to hurt it was bearable but the whole day it hurt(the pain is kind of below my armpit on the left side) and when i woke up this morning i could barely get out of bed when i breath it hurts and when i bend over its unbearable i know i should go to the doctor if the pain continues but does anyone have any ideas and p.s the picture came out really cool

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by devanoo View Post
    Yesterday I was with my friend and he had to take photos for a class.Anyways to make a long storry short i jumped off somthing about 10 feet high the jump was fine i landed fine.But a couple minutes later my rib cage starts to hurt it was bearable but the whole day it hurt(the pain is kind of below my armpit on the left side) and when i woke up this morning i could barely get out of bed when i breath it hurts and when i bend over its unbearable i know i should go to the doctor if the pain continues but does anyone have any ideas and p.s the picture came out really cool
    Other than the heart muscle ripping through the heart sack (the pericardium), I wouldn't worry about it.

Of course, if the Pericardium fills with fluid (Pericarditis), you might want to see a doctor since it could lead to a condition known as cardiac tamponade. Untreated it can lead to a myocardial infarction (MI) and even death.

How will you know?

Pain below armpit on the left side
    Painful when breathing
    Unbearable pain when bending over
    Pain is worse lying down and better when sitting up.

I'm not trying to freak you out, but why would you jump 10 feet when your life didn't depend on it?

Go to a doctor..... soon!
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

It has gotten better through out the day but thank you and I jumped because it was a very cool shot

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It was probably

A bruised rib or a hairline fracture, maybe intercostal neuralgia. Though ruling out more serious things is not a bad idea. With that history, I would not have a cardiac problem as 1 of my top 3 differential diagnoses...

It's funny, the way people avoid going to the doctor. I had a patient text me at 10 pm last night saying they got bit on the finger by a pit bull 4 days ago, and now their finger was red, swollen, throbbing, and hurt like mad if it got knocked! Did I think it was nerve damage?! Hello! WTH? NO I think it's a BAD infection, goofball! Go to the HOPSPITAL NOW!

Actually, I said, "... if it was my finger, I would have gone to the doctor right away. But I might just like my finger a bit more than you do! GO to the Hospital NOW Before you lose your finger. Call me when you get home. Dial with the other one"

Crazy people... doctors know stuff. That's why i go.
    Last edited by Drjmilus; 10-26-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    Dr. Jen
    www.fireagility.com

Thread Information