Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Anyone heading to Houston on the 25th?

Good evening everyone.. Is there anyone here heading out to Houston on the 25th?
    Anyone been there that can give me a run-down of how the week in Houston goes? Thanks
    Last edited by VirginiaFF29; 10-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaFF29 View Post
    Good evening everyone.. Is there anyone here heading out to Houston on the 25th?
    Anyone been there that can give me a run-down of how the week in Houston goes? Thanks
    Depends on who you are coming over with. Sallyport or WSI? The WSI way is to go through all the KBR stuff that is mandatory for everyone and fill out paperwork for WSI. Then you have the PT test which is not much really. It is a lot of lecture stuff for the most part. You will get an itinerary with all the showtimes your first day and then just show up when you are supposed to. You used to have a lot of downtime but I don't know if that is still the case. Make sure you enjoy a few drinks cause it is awfully dry over here!!!! Good luck

Forum Member

Thanks! I appreciate the info! I'm coming over with WSI but they said I will sign a new contract with Sallyport when I get in country. Looks like there is a delay in our deployment time now... Not sure whats going on but we'll see this week I guess.

Forum Member

Default Anyone get an email?

I see some of you got the same message I got, delayed deployment. I had been told I was leaving the 25th as well. Did you get an email? I got my news in an email that said KBR was not processing anymore deployments until further notice.

Bummer, I was set to go, anyone know more info?

Forum Member

Default Houston

I was heading to Houston on the 25th until wsi sold their contract. This was in no way fair to all of those who they told they were going to deploy .

Forum Member

Default WSI deployment

I would be very interested to hear from others that had gave up their jobs and homes because WSI told them they would be deployed this month and then sold the contract and were left with nothing from WSI.

Forum Member

I was supposed to leave on the 18th and was told now they are hoping for the 25th but it will probably up to three weeks. They put me on standby pay until then. Is this the same for anyone else???

Forum Member

tknk84.... I'm right there with ya. No job here either. They only took 10 out of the 100+ people that were set to leave.

Forum Member

Default Got a call too

I also got a call today, no offer of pay but that was probably because I was not one of the 10 I guess. They did offer to reimburse me some of the medical cost if I send in receipts. I asked about Sallyport but was told they have no information on how they will be hiring, if at all. They apparently are not forwarding our apps.

Like many, I am now unemployed and looking. Hope I dont lose everything I own. This economy still is bad for jobs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLFIRE1975 View Post
    I also got a call today, no offer of pay but that was probably because I was not one of the 10 I guess. They did offer to reimburse me some of the medical cost if I send in receipts. I asked about Sallyport but was told they have no information on how they will be hiring, if at all. They apparently are not forwarding our apps.

Like many, I am now unemployed and looking. Hope I dont lose everything I own. This economy still is bad for jobs.
    I wonder if they know what we all went thought just to prepare to leave the country for a year.

Forum Member

kbr stopped all wsi firefighters not sallyport i got a email today

Forum Member

WSI didn't sell the contract, they lost it to SallyPort. Rumor has it that Sallyport is starting to go with non US FF, saves them a ton of money.

Thread Information