+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Sallyport

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

I originally put in a resume with them in late August/ early September when I first found out they were going to be awarded the contract. I have also updated it a number of times just to keep it fresh I guess and the only thing I have ever received is the automated email everyone has been getting, saying we will review it and let you know. It's good to hear that someone has actually heard from them in way of offer of employment, just tells me that they do exist and are looking. I just hope it will be soon.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

Is there anyone else going through the process with Sallyport right now? I was originally going to leave on the 18th but got pushed
    Last edited by bigefiremac; 10-27-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Forum Member

Has anyone else gotten a reply from Sallyport? i have not, i put my app in a little over a week ago.

Forum Member

I know of a few people they've picked up. Not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to it. The days of WSI picking up anyone that applied may have passed.....

Forum Member

Default waiting

waiting for work care to contact me for the psyhical

Forum Member

Tom what certs do you have? Tele. I & II? ARFF?
    Last edited by Orbit; 10-29-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Forum Member

Default certs

I would like to know also if ARFF and tele. Iand II required.

Forum Member

They still haven't posted a job description for the work in Iraq. But they may require it if you look under the crew chief job description.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
    Tom what certs do you have? Tele. I & II? ARFF?
    firefighter 1 and 2 hazmat ops awareness arff

MembersZone Subscriber

For the hundred of us that were supposed to deploy on the 25 it would be great to know what Sallyports plans are. I was told that WSI would be doing everything they could to try and transfer us all over to Sallyport but since then I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone from WSI for a status update. Hopefully this week is the week that we all here some good news. Thanks to everyone who has been keeping us all updated on new information. Stay safe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VandalFF View Post
    For the hundred of us that were supposed to deploy on the 25 it would be great to know what Sallyports plans are. I was told that WSI would be doing everything they could to try and transfer us all over to Sallyport but since then I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone from WSI for a status update. Hopefully this week is the week that we all here some good news. Thanks to everyone who has been keeping us all updated on new information. Stay safe.
    It is my understanding that Sallyport still hasn't taken over all the sites. That once all sites are transitioned over they are going to figure out the needs of firefighter. I was also told that they are going to be sending out offers sometime this week. There was a meeting this past friday and the primary topic of discussion was the pack that was stranded, this took place in Iraq. I am trying to be as patient as possible.

I also received a letter from WSI this week saying that my services were no longer needed. Don't know how many of you also received that letter, but I was one of the few getting standby pay. Good luck...
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dortiz6974 View Post
    It is my understanding that Sallyport still hasn't taken over all the sites. That once all sites are transitioned over they are going to figure out the needs of firefighter. I was also told that they are going to be sending out offers sometime this week. There was a meeting this past friday and the primary topic of discussion was the pack that was stranded, this took place in Iraq. I am trying to be as patient as possible.

I also received a letter from WSI this week saying that my services were no longer needed. Don't know how many of you also received that letter, but I was one of the few getting standby pay. Good luck...
    I was stranded with out pay. I was to deploy on the 25th. I got the letter too however no standby pay. Dan, when were you supposed to deploy? I hope I get to leave with sallyport.

Forum Member

that sucks i still havent heard from workcare to take thee physical i got my offer letter last week still waiting my deployment date is november 28 as of right now thats 29 days from now lol i think working for sp will better than wsi

tk

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalli1978 View Post
    I was stranded with out pay. I was to deploy on the 25th. I got the letter too however no standby pay. Dan, when were you supposed to deploy? I hope I get to leave with sallyport.
    My original date was the 25th. Then Bonnie called me and told me it was changed to the 18th. They even sent me the ticket to Houston.

It would be good to know whether or not I'm going to get picked up by Sallyport. Because of the WSI thing I sublet my apartment and I'm living out of my suitcase which was packed according to the packing list they sent out. I'm at a friend's place it would be nice to tell him when I'm leaving, whether it be to Iraq or my own place. I'm trying to remain optimistic about the whole thing but it's tough.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Forum Member

Default The reason your not getting hired by Sally.

My contacts in the sandbox gave me some info that I felt you all deserve to hear, seing how WSI and Sallyport doesn't seem to care....

This was about two weeks ago...

We are telling guys if they leave, we cannot guarantee them getting back. Basically, the people that leave out for EOC are not sitting too good as we have hired a lot of guys that were immediately available to deploy to plus up the manning over here. Some of the issues that cause the delays are the SF85 and MOI/Visa issues, so getting on over here has become a premium for the masses.

This was from today....
    sallyport is here, l talked to chief, and your guess is right. they are not bringing anyone in country that dose not have arff. infact as soon as there numbers are were they want they are going to start sending the guys home that dont have it.

Side note from me...If you decide to take an ARFF class on your own, make very sure, and I mean triple check, it has to be to the 1003 IFSAC/PROBOARD standard or the cert will not transfer to DOD. And plan on spending a week in a hotel and forking out about a GRAND!

Forum Member

I know when I took mine a year ago it was 900 bucks out of pocket....

Soooo glad I invested in it now.

Still no word from sp personally tho.

Forum Member

boy im glad i took in in iraq in july 05 in mosul and all my certs are ifsac dod thank god my chief got it done while i was there

well today i heard from workcare im taking physical next week

Forum Member

Default stranded by wsi

hey u guys that were stranded by wsi any word on ur status

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    hey u guys that were stranded by wsi any word on ur status
    Wsi stranded and still waiting on SP

Forum Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jalli1978 View Post
    Wsi stranded and still waiting on SP
    i wouldnt call it stranded its more like abandoned u guys said here u go have a nice day

Forum Member

Nope and I still haven't heard anything from Sallyport...
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Dustinney
    Firehouse.com Guest

whats the requirments and certs you gotta have for a job as just a basic fireman with these companys for over there

Forum Member

Nope and I still haven't heard anything from Sallyport...
    im doing my physical tuesday for work care u gotta see what they want i had to do a cardiac stress test but dont gotta do it but see what happens i dont think a co gonna spend $500-1000 for it and hope u pass it lol

Forum Member

Well if you guys want to come over and have at least 3 days off a week and a 12 hr shift in dispatch once a week. this is the place for you. There bringing way to many people in its going to hurt the wallet...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by iraq-firefighter View Post
    Well if you guys want to come over and have at least 3 days off a week and a 12 hr shift in dispatch once a week. this is the place for you. There bringing way to many people in its going to hurt the wallet...
    i thought they were short on manpower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information