Thread: Sallyport

  1. #51
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    i thought they were short on manpower
    what kind of shifts they pulling now

  2. #52
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default SallyPort

    Hey guys I'm new to the game.
    I put in an application with Sallyport. I hope to be going to Houston in the next couple of weeks or sooner. When you go for training do you get paid when you first get there or at the end of the week before leaving to Iraq. Anyone know there paydays and when will i get the sign on bonus. Just can't wait. new2firemen

  3. #53
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by new2firemen View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to the game.
    I put in an application with Sallyport. I hope to be going to Houston in the next couple of weeks or sooner. When you go for training do you get paid when you first get there or at the end of the week before leaving to Iraq. Anyone know there paydays and when will i get the sign on bonus. Just can't wait. new2firemen
    Sign on bonus? Have you heard back from SallyPort already?

  4. #54
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalli1978 View Post
    Sign on bonus? Have you heard back from SallyPort already?
    just wondering if we get one and is it before or after I get to iraq

  5. #55
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I don't think they're is a sign on bonus. From what I understand is there is a 2k bonus at the end of the year. Pay starts once your week in houston is finished.

  6. #56
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigefiremac View Post
    I don't think they're is a sign on bonus. From what I understand is there is a 2k bonus at the end of the year. Pay starts once your week in houston is finished.
    my offer letter said 4,000 at the end got the physical tommorrow morning at 10 am wish me luck

  7. #57
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    my offer letter said 4,000 at the end got the physical tommorrow morning at 10 am wish me luck
    Good luck bro

  8. #58
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    my offer letter said 4,000 at the end got the physical tommorrow morning at 10 am wish me luck
    2000 for the end of contract and 1000 at each R&R

  9. #59
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigefiremac View Post
    2000 for the end of contract and 1000 at each R&R
    Everyone that got offer letters...Did you guys already have your ARFF training? Im having the hardest time trying to get a class. Fayetteville NC said they cant give certs to out of state students and when I contacted TEEX no one sent me a date for the next upcoming class. Does anyone else know where to go?

  10. #60
    50
    50 is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    46

    Default

    The TEEX class is Dec.6-11th It's on there website on PDF. It's called ARF 100. It also says you have to register 30 days in advance.

  11. #61
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 50 View Post
    The TEEX class is Dec.6-11th It's on there website on PDF. It's called ARF 100. It also says you have to register 30 days in advance.
    Just talked to the guy today. I'm going

  12. #62
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Smile physicial all done

    well took physical tuesday morning the dr said everything looks good to her hopefully the workcare dr says the same thing 8 vials of blood 5 shots tb test ekg lung test all done just waiting work care said by the end of the week hopefully all is great and i gey to leave november 28 anyone else leaving 28th

  13. #63
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    As far as I can read on here, your the only one who got any kind of offer from Sallyport. I still haven't heard anything

  14. #64
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default

    wow they suppose to be deploying nov 14 and 28 to houston tx

  15. #65
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I still haven't heard form them... So who but Sallyport knows how many individuals they are deploying.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

  16. #66
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dortiz6974 View Post
    I still haven't heard form them... So who but Sallyport knows how many individuals they are deploying.


    dont know i passed physical only hitch is the dr wants me to get glasses doing fingerprints next week dont know how many are leaving for tx

  17. #67
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    69

    Default Hours in Country

    Just so everyone is aware. If you are coming over with Sallyport, be prepared NOT to work 24/7's. If they are telling you this, please disregard the information. More people stayed then what Sallyport was expecting, so we are NOT working 24/7's. you get a few 24's a couple of 12's and a day or 2 off. The pay is LESS than what it was with WSI. So if you are coming over here expecting a 4K pay check every time...you won't get it. AND they took the 24 hour shifts away from us for night dispatch. Because of people "complaining" on the complaint email...

    Good luck.
    Last edited by ffbobbyhill; 11-12-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    "FBHF"

    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

    "I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

  18. #68
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffbobbyhill View Post
    Just so everyone is aware. If you are coming over with Sallyport, be prepared NOT to work 24/7's. If they are telling you this, please disregard the information. More people stayed then what Sallyport was expecting, so we are NOT working 24/7's. you get a few 24's a couple of 12's and a day or 2 off. The pay is LESS than what it was with WSI. So if you are coming over here expecting a 4K pay check every time...you won't get it. AND they took the 24 hour shifts away from us for night dispatch. Because of people "complaining" on the complaint email...

    Good luck.
    i guess sp didint figure people wanna stay and work for sp so what is a usual paycheck

  19. #69
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    i guess sp didint figure people wanna stay and work for sp so what is a usual paycheck
    Depends on the hours you were able to work. Under 4K seemed to be the mark last check.
    "FBHF"

    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

    "I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

  20. #70
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default Forget about WSI

    I was hired with WSI and scheduled to deploy on Oct 30th and about 10 days before deploying i got the call that WSI no longer has the contract and isn't sending anyone else over.so I have to start the whole process over with Sally port. On Oct 20th I filled out the Sallyport application but still haven't heard anything back. Im guessing they are still in the process of doing everything. but let me know if you know anymore news. jaydenloose08@yahoo.com

  21. #71
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default does anyone REALLY know

    does anyone know for 100% whats goin on with this sallyport stuff. are they really only taking ppl with arrf now? or anything else different that WSI

  22. #72
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    15

    Question

    Im still waiting something frm sallyport also. since I got e-mail twice frm sallyport and they say reviewing my resume/certs I haven't hear anything frm them. :confused

  23. #73
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default

    yeah im deff confused. especially after getting hung out to dry by WSI.

  24. #74
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Anyone heard anything new?

  25. #75
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    19

    Default

    This is what I am understanding. Sallyport has one more base to take over and that is going to be done by Wednesday. After this happens, they are going to evaluate what they need for Fire protection. I also understand that they will be losing about 20% of the staffing in December/January due WSI guys who are not staying on with them and are just finishing their contract which Sallyport is honoring. If anyone knows different please correct me.
    Stay Safe
    Dan Ortiz

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WSI loosing the Iraq Contract!!!!!!!
    By AriZona in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:17 AM
  2. WSI/Wackenhut Contract Firefighter Process.
    By tnharwell in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:57 PM
  3. The transition to Sallyport
    By Tikcuf9905 in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register