Thread: Sallyport

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    well im finally headed to iraq im headed to houston tx april 12 2011 for inprocessing for iraq its taken me since october to get this far well i keep u updated
    How do you like teex? Im taking the ARFF class now. Prob ran past eachother

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A little help please

I was one of the guys hired by WSI and while waiting on my plane ticket, was told that they lost the contract to SP in October. I applied for SP right then and there. I haven't heard anything. I have a son being born in a month, and I really need this job. Should I apply again, or with another company in Afgan, or what should I do? Anyone with info please email me at Jaydenloose08@yahoo.com. Im barely ever on firehouse so please email me with the info. thanks guys and stay safe

Forum Member

Must be nice. I'm still trying to get back. my visa and MOI are current just waiting to get a houston date.

Forum Member

Default anything new???

It's been over two months since the last post. Can anyone tell us if the contract has gotten extended after the first of the year? Is anything going on that someone can bring us up to speed on without compromising opsec?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by armyfiremn View Post
    It's been over two months since the last post. Can anyone tell us if the contract has gotten extended after the first of the year? Is anything going on that someone can bring us up to speed on without compromising opsec?
    What I hear from a friend still over there is that everything is more or less in limbo. Some bases are definitely closing, others staying open, some stuff moving, etc etc. As my buddy told me, everything is firmly set in jello. I know, that's no new information, but it's the latest as I understand it.

Forum Member

So we have to remain Semper Gumby as usual......

Forum Member

Anyone currently in the hiring process with sallyport port? If so where are you at in that process? I've heard getting to Houston depends on KBR and not on Sallyport.

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

what is Sallyport?

Forum Member

It is a man trap/ secure area in prison or jail entry

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    it is a man trap/ secure area in prison or jail entry
    roflmmfao!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you Firehouse for changing my caps to all lower case letters. I even tried editing to get it right. No luck. WTF?

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

Thanks for reply

Forum Member

i applied with sallyport and i am currently in the process with them. applied on june 13th received offer letter 10 days later. sent all required documents/certs and did fingerprints as of july 15th. now im supposedly waiting for a coe letter that's is supposed to arrive "soon".when i asked for a time frame i was told it is dependent on kbr. anyone else go through the process? and if so how long did you wait for the coe letter and how long was it after the reciept of that untill you deployed?

Forum Member

Reddy, did they tell you there would be positions available after December in Iraq? I'm wondering how long you would be able to remain there.

Forum Member

i asked about logcap 4 and they said we are at the mercy of the department of state. however as far as i know sallyport is a subcontractor to kbr and kbr has been awarded logcap 4 contract. my info may be wrong but i guess we will see what happens. i am just wandering when anything would happen as i have been waiting for 5 weeks now

MembersZone Subscriber

Interesting. KBR's senior leadership isn't even aware they've been awarded LOGCAP IV, but you know. I'm impressed. Especially since the 31st is the date the winning bidder will be announced.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tikcuf9905 View Post
    Interesting. KBR's senior leadership isn't even aware they've been awarded LOGCAP IV, but you know. I'm impressed. Especially since the 31st is the date the winning bidder will be announced.
    perhaps my information is wrong but i dont recall having to be sarcastic and rude. we are looking for information so perhaps if you have something better to offer you could join the discussion and do so...

Forum Member

My name is Dustin from Oklahoma City. I know that I am asking what thousands have asked before but most information I can find about overseas firefighting is waaay outdated. I was wandering if anyone who has been overseas anywhere could tell me what the experience is like to firefight overseas? what the pay is like? a good way to get the ball rolling on the hiring process? any information would be greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

what certifications do you have??

there was a real good post about overseas, but cannot find it

Forum Member

i have:
    FF 1 and 2
    ARFF Firefighter
    DoD First responder
    HAZMAT OPS
    Driver/Operator for ARFF, PUMPER, AND MOBILE WATER SUPPLY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dteague2 View Post
    i have:
    FF 1 and 2
    ARFF Firefighter
    DoD First responder
    HAZMAT OPS
    Driver/Operator for ARFF, PUMPER, AND MOBILE WATER SUPPLY
    add emt-b to that list and you got a good set of certs, a really good one. then see if you can get the instructor/officer/inspector series. when you complete all of these you will be certified for about 90% of the firehouse jobs!

Good luck!

Forum Member

So I would not be able to get on an overseas contract with what I have at this moment?

Forum Member

And also, if I go ahead and get all my 1 series, would this increase my pay on an overseas contract?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by reddyfire View Post
    perhaps my information is wrong but I don't recall having to be sarcastic and rude. we are looking for information so perhaps if you have something better to offer you could join the discussion and do so...
    Please do not worry about this guy. He is a bitter little man who views himself as both witty and clever. Everyone else however views him as a cowardly malcontent. I really wish that he would take his boyfriend peterbound and leave this site for good. We are a brotherhood, career, volly and contractor alike. These forums are designed as a means for "Brothers" to share valuable information and gain insight into possible life changing opportunities. Rudeness and non humorous sarcasm only hinder this process. Parasites like these derive pleasure in the belittling of others and it is really very sad. They hide behind anonymity and spew their poison. I would really like to meet them someday in person. In that case I am sure they would then sing a very different tune.

Keep the faith Brothers and stay safe!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dteague2 View Post
    So I would not be able to get on an overseas contract with what I have at this moment?
    That would depend on the contract. You meet the basic qualifications for several companies but not others. You should look at getting your NREMT-B and ARFF DO. These two certs along with what you already have will make you much more marketable. Good luck!
    Also, very importantly are your certs from an IFSAC or ProBoard certified facility, if not the DoD will not recognize them.
    Last edited by ACofthedesert; 07-23-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Thread Information