Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 154

Thread: Sallyport

  1. #81
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustinney View Post
    How long did it take to hear from them after you sent in you app.
    It took 3 days, but that was back in September before the influx of WSI guys applying.


  2. #82
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Nice to see it hasn't taken SP long to reveal their true colors. It's getting to be like WSI at its worst. Not really a surprise since only one HQ type wasn't WSI at some point, and the 2nd guy in Ops is the biggest di*khead of the bunch.

  3. #83
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default lawsuit against wsi

    To all of those that were told they were going to be deployed to Iraq in November and were not by WSI ,I hope you dont have to take the "HUSH" money that they are offering you. I have given Scott Bloch , an attorney with experience against wsi, in D.C., the details of our experince with wsi and he believes we may have a case on many fronts. So if you are interested in joining in please send me an e-mail The more we have the better. please pass this on to anyone you know that this may apply to.
    Last edited by tknk84; 12-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.

  4. #84
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tknk84 View Post
    To all of those that were told they were going to be deployed to Iraq by WSI I hope you dont have to take the "HUSH" money that they are offering you. I have given Scott Bloch , an attorney with experience against wsi, in D.C., the details of our experince with wsi and he believes we may have a case on many fronts. So if you are interested in joining in please send me an e-mail The more we have the better. please pass this on to anyone you know that this may apply to.
    Hush money? That would be nice... they haven't even given me my medical reimbursement yet. I keep getting the run around.

  5. #85
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Scott Bloch.. ha. You must be one of the holders on of the last lawsuit.

    Just so you guys know:

    On April 27, 2010 Bloch pleaded guilty to criminal contempt of Congress for, according to the U.S. Attorney, "willfully and unlawfully withholding pertinent information from a House committee investigating his decision to have several government computers wiped ...."[2] He is scheduled to be sentenced on July 20

    Do a little research before you get into bed with this guy. He was promising the same thing for the dopes that were trying to fight the WSI lawsuit. Needless to say they got nowhere.

    You guys got screwed by WSI/SP. Deal with it. You won't be the first, nor will you be the last. Apply again, and if they want to hire you they will.

  6. #86
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    thanks for the background information. Maybe there is someone else out there that can do something with wsi. And no I had nothing to do with the last lawsuit.

  7. #87
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default

    wait, apply again? you cant WSI lost the contract over there so you cant rea apply. . we gotta res all our hopes on sallyport

  8. #88
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Just a heads up guys bases are flooded with firefighters now not getting as many hours as they expected.

  9. #89
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by xtrmff85 View Post
    Just a heads up guys bases are flooded with firefighters now not getting as many hours as they expected.
    You should quit then and help everyones hours out!

  10. #90
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tikcuf9905 View Post
    Nice to see it hasn't taken SP long to reveal their true colors. It's getting to be like WSI at its worst. Not really a surprise since only one HQ type wasn't WSI at some point, and the 2nd guy in Ops is the biggest di*khead of the bunch.
    Amen Brother!!! It is going downhill faster than WSI ever did. I am hoping to help out everyones hours soon and get the he!! out of here before it gets any worse. The hours keep getting worse and so does HQ. It is making Afghanistan look better and better. I'd rather take incoming every day!!!

  11. #91
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snake_MFD View Post
    Amen Brother!!! It is going downhill faster than WSI ever did. I am hoping to help out everyones hours soon and get the he!! out of here before it gets any worse. The hours keep getting worse and so does HQ. It is making Afghanistan look better and better. I'd rather take incoming every day!!!
    Sad to hear this. I know many thought things would be better when WSI left.

    Question though. Does anyone know if they are still hurting for officers? Or are they (A/C's) getting the screw as well?

  12. #92
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Sad to hear this. I know many thought things would be better when WSI left.

    Question though. Does anyone know if they are still hurting for officers? Or are they (A/C's) getting the screw as well?
    I am not sure if they are still needing officers. I know our base is full but not sure how others are. I will ask around.

  13. #93
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default leaving for houston

    om leaing for houston tx feb 21st 2011 finally after 3 months of waiting

  14. #94
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    @tomdfireman10, hey bro could you pm me and tell me what kind of certs you have? That might help me out and give me and idea of what all I need to get.

  15. #95
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default Certs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmason66 View Post
    @tomdfireman10, hey bro could you pm me and tell me what kind of certs you have? That might help me out and give me and idea of what all I need to get.
    Hopefully I can help. Your certs need to be DOD, which means Proboard or IFSAC, as you probably already know.

    I was hired with:
    FF I and II (Required)
    Hazmat Ops (Required)
    Telecommunicator I and II, (I am not sure if it's a requirement, but everyone at my base has it)
    ARFF (Not a requirement, but will help your chances greatly)
    DO: Pumper (Not a requirement)
    DO: Mobile Water Supply (Not a requirement)
    EMT-B (First Responder cert is the minimum requirement.

    Also to note, While ARFF and DO is not a min requirement, it seems that having one or the other will greatly improve your chances, with an emphasis on ARFF.




    EMT-B (I think first responder is a required minimum)

  16. #96
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Hey bro thanks a lot! That gives me a good idea where I stand now.

    I currently have
    FF 1 and 2
    hazmat ops
    auto extrication
    Flammable liquids and gases (FLAGS)
    First responder
    EVDT
    R.I.T
    Rescue the recuer

    and I am enrolled into the ARFF course at the sc fire academy at the end of march.

  17. #97
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default delayed

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    om leaing for houston tx feb 21st 2011 finally after 3 months of waiting
    change that i been delayed to iraq and visas being issued about 10-14 days was told by sallyport today

  18. #98
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    merrillville indiana
    Posts
    50

    Default houston tx

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    change that i been delayed to iraq and visas being issued about 10-14 days was told by sallyport today

    well im finally headed to iraq im headed to houston tx april 12 2011 for inprocessing for iraq its taken me since october to get this far well i keep u updated

  19. #99
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default Safe Travels

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    well im finally headed to iraq im headed to houston tx april 12 2011 for inprocessing for iraq its taken me since october to get this far well i keep u updated
    Good Luck to you young man!

  20. #100
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    well im finally headed to iraq im headed to houston tx april 12 2011 for inprocessing for iraq its taken me since october to get this far well i keep u updated
    Wow...finally? I guess the right minister of the right department of the Iraqi government finally got his bribe money.

    Safe trip, godspeed, and prepare to pocket some cash.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WSI loosing the Iraq Contract!!!!!!!
    By AriZona in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:17 AM
  2. WSI/Wackenhut Contract Firefighter Process.
    By tnharwell in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 11:57 PM
  3. The transition to Sallyport
    By Tikcuf9905 in forum Americans Overseas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts