Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sallyport

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

WSI is still advertising for the Iraq contract. Sallyport has job postings but no job descriptions. Who's hiring and who should I apply with? Are either hiring right now anyways?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
    WSI is still advertising for the Iraq contract. Sallyport has job postings but no job descriptions. Who's hiring and who should I apply with? Are either hiring right now anyways?
    Yes they are hiring. I would apply with Sallyport. I am over here and if you apply with WSI you will just have to apply with Sallyport as soon as you get here anyways. From what I understand they will have all the bases transitioned to Sallyport by the middle of Nov. Good luck

Forum Member

so is the hiring process the same for sallyport as wsi like the dr psyical and drug test and all that i remember when i did it for wsi the packet was thick as a book waiting to hear from sallyport

Forum Member

I already had my interview with WSI about a month ago and filled out the Big packet. I am waiting on my plane ticket, but yesterday I got a call saying that I may or may not be hired on with WSI due to the sallyport thing. I let them know that they sent me a packet and that I already did the interview and that they said a few weeks earlier I was good to go. Then they said "oh ok we will ahve to call you back".A buddy of mine who was about 2 weeks ahead of me in the process got his ticket to houston yesterday, so I am confused...Anyone got any info?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DestructivePancake View Post
    I already had my interview with WSI about a month ago and filled out the Big packet. I am waiting on my plane ticket, but yesterday I got a call saying that I may or may not be hired on with WSI due to the sallyport thing. I let them know that they sent me a packet and that I already did the interview and that they said a few weeks earlier I was good to go. Then they said "oh ok we will ahve to call you back".A buddy of mine who was about 2 weeks ahead of me in the process got his ticket to houston yesterday, so I am confused...Anyone got any info?
    I got the same information yesterday. I wonder whats going on?!?!
    Last edited by VirginiaFF29; 10-16-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Forum Member

Default Whats going on...

They have several people working on the same stuff. The problem is, they pass alot of info and documents around to different people to try and get things done. The problem with that is, they don't always send everything at once. I got several phone calls and e-mails from 4 different people asking me for documents and fingerprints and all sorts of stuff, that I already sent in like 3 weeks prior. Your best bet is to e-mail India Moore with your questions and then call her, and keep calling her until she answers. Seriously, I argued with so many people, that told me I was wrong and I was the reason for the hold up because I didn't give them what they needed. Once I told India, she fixed it right away.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone have some insight into the current situation with KBR not being able to process anyone. I'm curious if this has happened before and how long it takes to resolve something like this. Basically if this doesn't get fixed soon then everyone in process with WSI is out of luck from what I gather anyway.

Forum Member

Has anyone applied with and heard anything from Sallyport?

Forum Member

i applied and got a couple emails then nothing they told me checking reumes and certs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    i applied and got a couple emails then nothing they told me checking reumes and certs
    How long ago was that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalli1978 View Post
    How long ago was that?
    few weeks ago i got a email today might have offer coming in next 24 hrs

Forum Member

Unhappy

my husband send a resume to sallyport and got e-mail say they looking at his resume last wk. but nothing since then. WSI send a package but they call him yesterday and told him they lost contract this monday so they r not hire him....

Forum Member

I too was in the Mix with WSI, was just waiting on my plane ticket to Houston. .....kinda disheartening, but guess that's the nature of the business. I have already applied to Sallyport about a week ago when i got the email from WSI saying deployment dates are on hold and that i should try to get my job back (which i cant). I have not heard anything back from Sallyport, but it has only been a week. Any info you guy's have about Sallyport's hiring process would be great. Thank You
    Last edited by 321FFAustin; 10-22-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
    few weeks ago i got a email today might have offer coming in next 24 hrs
    Was wondering exactly how long it took for sallyport to get back to you and if you could give any further information on the hiring process that would be great. Thanks again. Wish you the best of luck on the job.
    Last edited by cpeiter1597; 10-22-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

Hoping they do something soon at Sallyport as well. Bad thing is can't even get unemployment because I resigned to go with WSI.

I also applied in September for Sallyport, I updated my resume a few days ago to add additional certs I got since then.

Trying to keep busy for now, applying everywhere I can... Lets hope we hear some good news soon.

Forum Member

Default sallyport

just got my offer letter today from sally port

Forum Member

Default Sallyport

Congrats! When do you deploy?

Forum Member

Default Same Boat

I like some of the Jakes here am in the same boat with the WSI thing. I received the ticket on a tuesday to fly out the 18th, when on the 16th I get a call saying that the trip was cancelled. I have a friend in theater now and told him what was going on. Just to see what he could find out for me, when I get an email from a Chief there asking me to explain what happened and to send him a copy of my resume and Certs. The Chief mentioned that he handed my resume to Sallyport but I have yet to hear anything from them. I also put in a resume online with them last week and still nothing.

I think it's great that a few people have gotten a response from them. Gives me a glimmer of light to think that I will hear something soon. Since the standby pay from WSI is a little short than what I was making with the job I resigned from.

I ask that those continuing the process with Sallyport keeps us updated, that would be appreciated. Thanks and Stay Safe.

Forum Member

tomdfireman10 congrats!! Hope I can get that letter too!! Good Luck!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnson1970 View Post
    tomdfireman10 congrats!! Hope I can get that letter too!! Good Luck!!
    maybe well deploy together

Thread Information