Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Miami Beach Hiring 14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    This jobs never been about the money for the people who do it. That being said, the "super duper great benefits and retirements" (as the media and city councils call em) we firefighters collect have been EARNED through years of hard fought negotiations. No department should have to give back or lower what guys will receive after 25-35 YEARS of service when the city admin gives themselves raises every year.

I'm not saying anything about the Fla Retirement System, but making the new guys "suffer" due to unchecked spending by the idiots in charge of the budget should be something the union fights for.

Good luck to those on the list, and God help the union fight the good fight for its future men/women!
    I agree brother, been there and done that. May the Beach Union stay strong! No civilian knows what its like to do our job...like the "difficulty breathing" at 0300 hours. The car extrication at 0500 and the car fire at 0600...and the sad part is that most of us love this job!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFuss View Post
    This jobs never been about the money for the people who do it. That being said, the "super duper great benefits and retirements" (as the media and city councils call em) we firefighters collect have been EARNED through years of hard fought negotiations. No department should have to give back or lower what guys will receive after 25-35 YEARS of service when the city admin gives themselves raises every year.

I'm not saying anything about the Fla Retirement System, but making the new guys "suffer" due to unchecked spending by the idiots in charge of the budget should be something the union fights for.

Good luck to those on the list, and God help the union fight the good fight for its future men/women!
    Not to mention that most FF don't make it past 60. Maybe they should do an investigative report on that...

Forum Member

Anyone hear any new news about the beach hiring process and when they are going to start contacting people for th background process

Forum Member

...unfortunately I haven't heard anything as of yet lately. Beachfire may have some good word to share...

mikesica

i got a phone call today from Background Investigator and FFII Abello. Orientation is Tuesday 10/25!

Forum Member

Ok some progress.. I wonder how many they are going to call.. what is your rank? I'm rank 29 I'm wondering how deep they are going to go on the list right now

mikesica

My letter said I am #8.

Forum Member

I just got the call...

Forum Member

...orientation is 10-25. Did they said you are hired or are you coming in for the questioning process?

mikesica

10/25 is Orientation for the background investigation.

Forum Member

I heard that they are processing ranks# 1-60 and considering 20 positions. No word on that second class the Chief talked about at orientation. Anyone else have additional info?

Forum Member

I heard the same too...

Got called for orientation on the 25th. Any help on what to expect during the process for the Background, CVSA, and Psychological? Thanks

Forum Member

That sounds about right 3:1 ratio for hiring 20 guys.

Got the call as well. Any help on what to expect on the CVSA, background and psychological? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishfire1495 View Post
    That sounds about right 3:1 ratio for hiring 20 guys.
    How do you come up with the 3 to 1 ratio? Are you on a Dept. now and was it like that in your hiring process? BeachFire, somewhere on this thread, mentioned it might be 5 to 1. Just curious what everyone's experience has been.

Good luck to you guys in the 60.

Forum Member

For myself as many others its been a long time of schooling and testing. It's close but we can't let our gaurd down. No tickets, no trouble. I'm in the top 15 and have also received a call from the backround investigator. Oct-25 @ 9am. For the rest of the first 60 good luck and do not let up, don't let one night or action ruin what has taken years to accomplish/ attain. Has anyone heard what the new hire retirement benefits and guidelines are?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Class110 View Post
    How do you come up with the 3 to 1 ratio? Are you on a Dept. now and was it like that in your hiring process? BeachFire, somewhere on this thread, mentioned it might be 5 to 1. Just curious what everyone's experience has been.

Good luck to you guys in the 60.
    I sent you a pm

Forum Member

Hey guys congrats to everyone for their hard work and making it this far. I'm #23 and will be at orientation on the 25th. I know of at least one other candidate who is ranked #23 also and have heard that there are several "ranks" that have multiple candidates. Obviously this means as in my case even though I'm ranked 23rd my "real" number may be in the upper 30s or even 40 depending on how many ranks have multiple candidates. I haven't seen any comments on this so if this has already been discussed I apologize. Maybe BeachFire would know if multiple candidates within each rank is common or not.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajvbaa3 View Post
    Hey guys congrats to everyone for their hard work and making it this far. I'm #23 and will be at orientation on the 25th. I know of at least one other candidate who is ranked #23 also and have heard that there are several "ranks" that have multiple candidates. Obviously this means as in my case even though I'm ranked 23rd my "real" number may be in the upper 30s or even 40 depending on how many ranks have multiple candidates. I haven't seen any comments on this so if this has already been discussed I apologize. Maybe BeachFire would know if multiple candidates within each rank is common or not.
    3:1 ratio is correct. If they can't get 20 from that, they will contact more candidates.

There are multiple rankings. There could be six guys ranked #1.

Right now, the top 20 will get hired if they make it through background/psych.

Disclaimer: the info I give here is from my experience going through the hiring process a few years ago. I am in no way involved in the hiring process or background investigation. Just trying to help you guys out. Congrats on making it this far and good luck to all of you.

Thread Information