Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Miami Beach Hiring 14

Forum Member

Red face psych

Wow!!! What a headache!!! That test sucks so much!!! I felt like my brain was going to explode!! I hope I passed this thing.

mikesica

@ FFMEDICMIAMI How do you know you passed?

I took the test on Tue 11/29 but I was told the background investigators will decide if I am suitable or not suitable and contact me.

I "heard" there are other candidates scheduled for their psych 12/5 so I am wondering if they will wait until everyone has tested to move forward??
    Last edited by mikesica78; 12-04-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Forum Member

Just being positive. I know I passed , I asked the proctor on the elevator ride down and she said " You did great , it was a pleasure interviewing you"

mikesica

@ FFMedicMiami Always a good choice to stay positive! Congrats on her comment that must make you feel good!

When did you take your exam?
    Last edited by mikesica78; 12-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Member

Default fingerprints

Ok guys just got scheduled for fingerprinting next week!!! Does that mean.I passed the psych portion we just took. Im figuring it does because if not they wouldn't move forward with fingerprints if my psych came back as high risk...beachfire whenever you want to chime in feel free and let me know what you think..thanks

mikesica

@ irishfire I hope you are right. I go to HR tomorrow for fingerprinting.....

Forum Member

I mean if you think about it why would they fingerprint people that failed the psych..I don't think they would waste there time..

mikesica

Time and money....

Forum Member

Boys & Girls,

Don't forget we still have a 2nd phsyc test plus the CVST test. Yes we are closer but still can not let up. I heard about 5 guys out of the 60 at orientation never turned in thier personal history questionaire and several failed the phsyc. The class start date is going to mirror that of the last class which was late February.

Forum Member

The second portion of the psych I heard though isn't as bad as the first part. I have a feeling things will slow down now until after the holidays and it will be full steam ahead in the beginning of January!!!!! Good Luck to everyone still afloat...

mikesica

@ fire-medic & irishfire1495 I am not aware of a 2nd Psych test? I did multiple psych exams and met with the psychologist afterward, all on the same day. I was not told there would be any more psychological tests. I was told my results would be forwarded to the Background Investigators and they would determine if was suitable for the position. Were you guys told something else??

Forum Member

I heard they want to knock out everthing before Christmas.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesica78 View Post
    @ fire-medic & irishfire1495 I am not aware of a 2nd Psych test? I did multiple psych exams and met with the psychologist afterward, all on the same day. I was not told there would be any more psychological tests. I was told my results would be forwarded to the Background Investigators and they would determine if was suitable for the position. Were you guys told something else??
    mikesica78, yea it's a two part test, you have to pass the first part to be eligable for part 2.

Forum Member

Default 2nd psych

Yeah I remember being by the doctor that if I passed the first portion you would then go.in for the second portion which is like a medical psych testing for depression and any kind of mental disorders that could affect you on the job but not as intense as the first portion. Definitely we will take that and continue to.the CVSA. If you pass that and nothing pops up in your background then I'm guessing we will.end with a medical check and current job visit and maybe some.neighbors.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesica78 View Post

If you spoke to the psychologist then it sounds like you completed the whole psych test. We did ours in two days. A lot of the same. Written tests with strongly for to strongly against answers. All geared towards finding inconsistencies in your answers. The last thing that we did was interview with the psychologist. That has to be the last portion so that they can go over the results of the MMPII and discuss any red flags. Remember that just because the doc asks you about something that might be suspect, doesn't mean that you are screwed. Just be yourself and explain your situation. If I remember correctly, most everyone in my class had at least one or two "red flags". Just answer their questions and be yourself. You don't want to be stiff as a board in there. They are not looking to fail you.

As far as the fingerprints go I honestly don't know. We did ours before the psych test. I mean, obviously if you haven't finished the second portion of the psych then being fingerprinted doesn't mean it's a lock. You have to get past the psych and cvsa first. Relax guys, you are almost there. I predict a February 22, 2012 date of hire.

Once again, I want to be clear to you guys that I am by no means affiliated with the hiring process/background investigation. I was just like you and remember what it's like. Good luck all.

mikesica

I went for fingerprinting today with FF/Investigator Navas. He said " tell everybody just because you are doing fingerprints does not mean that you have the job"

He told me they will do the CVSA next week. He also said we will do the 2nd Psych test the following week. He said then they will break for the holidays and continue in January.

@beachfire thanks again for your input!!

Forum Member

Default Miami beach hiring

hey guys im new to the forum,rank within the high 30`s. I was not contacted for the fingerprints. does this mean your out of the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Classg View Post
    hey guys im new to the forum,rank within the high 30`s. I was not contacted for the fingerprints. does this mean your out of the process.
    Hey they only called back the top 30 for now and they are going to hire 21 in this first class. I know if you failed the psych then you would know already. Most likely you are in a good spot for the second class..

Forum Member

Gentlemen,

How many of us are in this forum are in the top 30? I beleive there are about 3 or 4 of us. The start date for the 1st class is getting closer, hope everyone has been working out and running.

mikesica

I am # 8 and I am ready for the training academy! After all the hard work if we get hired, academy will be a blast!!

I have not heard from MBFR since fingerprints, how about you guys?

Happy and Safe Holidays to all!

Thread Information