Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Miami Beach Hiring 14

Forum Member

Fingerprints...done! Psyc 2 next week!!!

Forum Member

nice. it wont be long now!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rickwill View Post
    Fingerprints...done! Psyc 2 next week!!!
    same here!

MembersZone Subscriber

Rickwill check your pms

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone hear anything new?

Forum Member

Medical and cvsa next week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmm I haven't gotten my email yet. When did you get yours?

Forum Member

I got an email for my uniform sizes.... getting closer

Forum Member

MAAANNNNN!!!! You guys are LUCKY! I would do anything to work for Miami Beach Fire!! I think that would be the best FD in FLORIDA... Maybe just me but thats my dream station... To bad i didnt know they were hiring whenever it was... Oh well still on the hunt for ANYWHERE in FL...

Forum Member

I got hired!!!! Start Feb.22

MembersZone Subscriber

congrats man!

Forum Member

Thanks dmonteav

Forum Member

Miami Beach is hiring again, anyone know how many their hiring this time around? And does anyone have any info or experience with their BAP?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
    Miami Beach is hiring again, anyone know how many their hiring this time around? And does anyone have any info or experience with their BAP?
    <----- Is seriously considering it...

From a good source of mine, he says 10. It can always change of course.

No experience with a BAP.

Forum Member

the Broward PAT isn't that hard. If you finished fire school you should be able to pass it no problem. It's like 7 minutes to pass. Good luck to everyone taking it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent8404 View Post
    the Broward PAT isn't that hard. If you finished fire school you should be able to pass it no problem. It's like 7 minutes to pass. Good luck to everyone taking it.
    No hes talking about the BAP, which is the behavioral assessment thing

Forum Member

We may hire as many as 30 off of this next list. The first class will probably be 10 though. The BPAD is a video scenario assessment in which you watch 3-5 different scenarios and have to respond with how you would handle each situation. The BPAD determines where you are ranked on the list so do well!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beachfire View Post
    We may hire as many as 30 off of this next list. The first class will probably be 10 though. The BPAD is a video scenario assessment in which you watch 3-5 different scenarios and have to respond with how you would handle each situation. The BPAD determines where you are ranked on the list so do well!!
    I'm a paramedic student with 1 semester left but I believe mbfd is hiring emt's too. Do they rank for the PAT too or is it just a pass or fail situation?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    I'm a paramedic student with 1 semester left but I believe mbfd is hiring emt's too. Do they rank for the PAT too or is it just a pass or fail situation?
    We have hired a guy who only had his fire cert and then put him through emt and medic ALL during shift. Not bad eh?! The PAT is pass/fail.

Our last class was mostly EMTs. We put you through medic school and you do everything on shift, labs, classroom, ride times, everything. If you have one semester left you will probably be able to finish but unfortunately you will not get that extra point for your BPAD score.

Forum Member

I previously stated that we will probably hire 10 in this next class. Well, now I hear it will be more like 20 so take what I say with a grain of salt. Things change on a daily basis and I am just trying to give you guys a heads up because I know how anxious you can get while this hiring process is going on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beachfire View Post
    I previously stated that we will probably hire 10 in this next class. Well, now I hear it will be more like 20 so take what I say with a grain of salt. Things change on a daily basis and I am just trying to give you guys a heads up because I know how anxious you can get while this hiring process is going on.
    Thanks for the help. I'd be greatful to get hired anywhere the way things are now but Miami Beach would definetly be a dream dept to work for. Any other tips or words of advice?

Forum Member

Thanks for the help. I'd be greatful to get hired anywhere the way things are now but Miami Beach would definetly be a dream dept to work for. Any other tips or words of advice?
    Get ready for a crazy amount of competition. lol

Forum Member

Be one of the first to turn in your application packet after you take the physical agility (Modified Combat Challenge). It will not help you get hired easier BUT it is how your SENIORITY will be determined IF you get hired. Very important and will have ramifications throughout your career.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
    Get ready for a crazy amount of competition. lol
    lol, yeah, thats true but you can't worry about that stuff. Just get a 100 plus your EMTor Medic points on the BPAD and you are in the hunt! We are one of the few Departments that doesnt conduct any kind of formal interview process so if you ace the BPAD then pass your background, voice stress, psych eval, and medical, then you are on your way. Oh yeah, make nice with all of your neighbors because someone will be knocking on their doors asking alot of questions about you!

P.S.- the background and psych tests eliminated ALOT of guys last time around. If you have DUIs, felonies, alot of moving violations... I wouldnt get too attached to the idea of getting hired with us.

Forum Member

The City also gave the guys on this last list the option of keeping their current score or going through the process again. I dont know why the city gave them this option. I hope that they all opted to go through the process again because they dug down to the low 90s and high 80s this last hiring and that doesnt give them much of a shot. Good luck to all of you. The Beach is a dream job.

Thread Information