Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 360
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Miami Beach Hiring 14

  1. #41
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent8404 View Post
    the Broward PAT isn't that hard. If you finished fire school you should be able to pass it no problem. It's like 7 minutes to pass. Good luck to everyone taking it.
    No hes talking about the BAP, which is the behavioral assessment thing


  2. #42
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    We may hire as many as 30 off of this next list. The first class will probably be 10 though. The BPAD is a video scenario assessment in which you watch 3-5 different scenarios and have to respond with how you would handle each situation. The BPAD determines where you are ranked on the list so do well!!

  3. #43
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beachfire View Post
    We may hire as many as 30 off of this next list. The first class will probably be 10 though. The BPAD is a video scenario assessment in which you watch 3-5 different scenarios and have to respond with how you would handle each situation. The BPAD determines where you are ranked on the list so do well!!
    I'm a paramedic student with 1 semester left but I believe mbfd is hiring emt's too. Do they rank for the PAT too or is it just a pass or fail situation?

  4. #44
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    I'm a paramedic student with 1 semester left but I believe mbfd is hiring emt's too. Do they rank for the PAT too or is it just a pass or fail situation?
    We have hired a guy who only had his fire cert and then put him through emt and medic ALL during shift. Not bad eh?! The PAT is pass/fail.

    Our last class was mostly EMTs. We put you through medic school and you do everything on shift, labs, classroom, ride times, everything. If you have one semester left you will probably be able to finish but unfortunately you will not get that extra point for your BPAD score.

  5. #45
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I previously stated that we will probably hire 10 in this next class. Well, now I hear it will be more like 20 so take what I say with a grain of salt. Things change on a daily basis and I am just trying to give you guys a heads up because I know how anxious you can get while this hiring process is going on.

  6. #46
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beachfire View Post
    I previously stated that we will probably hire 10 in this next class. Well, now I hear it will be more like 20 so take what I say with a grain of salt. Things change on a daily basis and I am just trying to give you guys a heads up because I know how anxious you can get while this hiring process is going on.
    Thanks for the help. I'd be greatful to get hired anywhere the way things are now but Miami Beach would definetly be a dream dept to work for. Any other tips or words of advice?

  7. #47
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'd be greatful to get hired anywhere the way things are now but Miami Beach would definetly be a dream dept to work for. Any other tips or words of advice?
    Get ready for a crazy amount of competition. lol

  8. #48
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'd be greatful to get hired anywhere the way things are now but Miami Beach would definetly be a dream dept to work for. Any other tips or words of advice?
    Be one of the first to turn in your application packet after you take the physical agility (Modified Combat Challenge). It will not help you get hired easier BUT it is how your SENIORITY will be determined IF you get hired. Very important and will have ramifications throughout your career.

  9. #49
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
    Get ready for a crazy amount of competition. lol
    lol, yeah, thats true but you can't worry about that stuff. Just get a 100 plus your EMTor Medic points on the BPAD and you are in the hunt! We are one of the few Departments that doesnt conduct any kind of formal interview process so if you ace the BPAD then pass your background, voice stress, psych eval, and medical, then you are on your way. Oh yeah, make nice with all of your neighbors because someone will be knocking on their doors asking alot of questions about you!

    P.S.- the background and psych tests eliminated ALOT of guys last time around. If you have DUIs, felonies, alot of moving violations... I wouldnt get too attached to the idea of getting hired with us.

  10. #50
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    The City also gave the guys on this last list the option of keeping their current score or going through the process again. I dont know why the city gave them this option. I hope that they all opted to go through the process again because they dug down to the low 90s and high 80s this last hiring and that doesnt give them much of a shot. Good luck to all of you. The Beach is a dream job.

  11. #51
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beachfire View Post
    lol, yeah, thats true but you can't worry about that stuff. Just get a 100 plus your EMTor Medic points on the BPAD and you are in the hunt! We are one of the few Departments that doesnt conduct any kind of formal interview process so if you ace the BPAD then pass your background, voice stress, psych eval, and medical, then you are on your way. Oh yeah, make nice with all of your neighbors because someone will be knocking on their doors asking alot of questions about you!

    P.S.- the background and psych tests eliminated ALOT of guys last time around. If you have DUIs, felonies, alot of moving violations... I wouldnt get too attached to the idea of getting hired with us.
    Definetly no DUIs or felonies and I have had 5 tickets since I started driving at 16 and I'm 25 now so hopefully that isn't too bad. What kind of questions are asked on the BPAD, psych and voice stress test? What's the difference between the 3?

  12. #52
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    Definetly no DUIs or felonies and I have had 5 tickets since I started driving at 16 and I'm 25 now so hopefully that isn't too bad. What kind of questions are asked on the BPAD, psych and voice stress test? What's the difference between the 3?
    google them. It is too much info for me to post.

    en.wikipedia.org/.../Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personal ity_Inventory
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_stress_analysis
    www.bpad.com/

    that should get you going in the right direction. The internet is an amazing resource.

  13. #53
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Has anyone taken the PAT for the Beach yet? I know its the same as the Broward PAT which I've taken but with a vest slightly heavier. There's a few upcoming sessions but I'm trying to see what time in the day for those that already took it that you all finished, and were able to leave the academy.

    I am asking because my testing is Wednesday the 29th and I also have an afternoon shift at my job that there is no way I can get out of or change. The secretary at BFA was unhelpful and said she didn't know and the info sheet says everyone must remain until the end. I just want to make sure I have enough time to leave and make it to work. Shift starts at 3:30pm.

    Thanks

  14. #54
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Usually starts like 7am? and lets out by 12, or 1 at the latest. and thats with 100+ people testing

  15. #55
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff0828 View Post
    Usually starts like 7am? and lets out by 12, or 1 at the latest. and thats with 100+ people testing
    Yeah, you should be fine. Jeff is right on the money with his time frame.

  16. #56
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Ok thanks for the info guys.

    The outline states tests start at 8am, is that when they start signing people in or when the combat challenge actually starts? I plan to get there at 7am.

  17. #57
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MCDivision View Post
    Ok thanks for the info guys.

    The outline states tests start at 8am, is that when they start signing people in or when the combat challenge actually starts? I plan to get there at 7am.
    well they usually wait until the pool opens up at the park, and then they split up everyone into 2 groups. 1 goes to pool, and the other starts the combatchallenge

  18. #58
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    The Broward PAT has the swim portion but the Beach PAT also has the swim test?

  19. #59
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MCDivision View Post
    The Broward PAT has the swim portion but the Beach PAT also has the swim test?
    The Mesh Test is the test that has a swimming portion. BFA's test is only the Combat Challenge.

  20. #60
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
    The Mesh Test is the test that has a swimming portion. BFA's test is only the Combat Challenge.
    no the pat at broward is the same pat.

    http://www.bfa.edu/course/continuing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fdny List 6019
    By Douseit in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 12346
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
  2. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 03:38 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 10-26-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 09:19 AM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 10-25-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 10:02 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 10-24-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 07:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts