Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Miami Beach Hiring 14

Forum Member

BeachFire and insight/tips/prep for the BAP?

Forum Member

Orientation tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, myself included lol

Forum Member

Default BAP questions

Can anyone give a few examples of the type of questions that are given on the BAP?

Forum Member

"im talking about being on time people and not being late like green shirt over here... You have to be a chiefs son"

That guys hilarious.
    Last edited by FFMedicMiami; 07-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Forum Member

I've never taken a BAP but from what I have been told from folks who have is that the questions are situational and "what would you do" type.

Being that its an outside center that does it, they probably will change up the questions all the time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFMedicMiami View Post
    "im talking about being on time people and not being late like green shirt over here... You have to be a chiefs son"

That guys hilarious.
    Why was the female LT (or Cap) calling people outside?

There were about 600 people there? Anyone know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    I've never taken a BAP but from what I have been told from folks who have is that the questions are situational and "what would you do" type.

Being that its an outside center that does it, they probably will change up the questions all the time.
    That is correct sir.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Class110 View Post
    BeachFire and insight/tips/prep for the BAP?
    All the questions generally go this way.

Scenario is like you are on a call at a pregnant womans house, and while treating the patient your partner makes a racist/sexist/prejudice/etc comment. the patient and family want you out of the house and are angry. what do you do?

they all have to do about sexist/racist/prejudice type issues.

Forum Member

You think?? Im thinking its going to be real life situations as if you were really on a call then you have to fill in what you would do or how you would handle the situation.. But ill find out Monday at 1040 looks like I have another 2 hour drive hopefully this time I wont get lost ha

Forum Member

nope, thats how the questions go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0828 View Post
    All the questions generally go this way.

Scenario is like you are on a call at a pregnant womans house, and while treating the patient your partner makes a racist/sexist/prejudice/etc comment. the patient and family want you out of the house and are angry. what do you do?

they all have to do about sexist/racist/prejudice type issues.
    Jeff is right on the money. sexist/racist/prejudice.

Forum Member

What's everybodys test date?
    I got 4 guys here with Sunday am times looking for swaps.

Forum Member

Hello, I have my BAP on Monday (3PM). I also have a friend that has his on Monday at 11am. We both need to switch if possible. So if anyone would like to, let me know, thank you.

Forum Member

does anybody know whens the first date of test taking?

Forum Member

Default swap days

Saturday or Sunday for a Monday 1100 appointment. Contact me at vissa19881@gmail.com
    Last edited by orfrvic; 07-22-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Forum Member

Its going to be very interesting to see how they score the BAP. It was my first time and a lot of my co-workers first time taking it and we all gave pretty much the same answers, but we'll see who spoke the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    Its going to be very interesting to see how they score the BAP. It was my first time and a lot of my co-workers first time taking it and we all gave pretty much the same answers, but we'll see who spoke the best.
    Good luck brother!!

Forum Member

I wrote down the questions right after I left the testing center...

I was going to post them down but I am not sure if I would be breaking the rules. Otherwise we could discuss the scenarios without actually posting the whole question.

I'm posting this in case anyone wants to discuss. They said they did not want us speaking to anyone in the waiting area but once we left, they didn't care if we spoke. Now that everyone is done testing I thought it would be interesting to discuss these questions... Now please remember each question is presented, and THEN the follow up is presented... You answer the first part and then the second, and you can not go back.
    Last edited by beachpolo; 07-26-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member

People are still testing.

"Behavioral Assessment Phase (BAP) - July 23, 2011 - July 29, 2011."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beachpolo View Post
    I wrote down the questions right after I left the testing center...

I was going to post them down but I am not sure if I would be breaking the rules. Otherwise we could discuss the scenarios without actually posting the whole question.

I'm posting this in case anyone wants to discuss. They said they did not want us speaking to anyone in the waiting area but once we left, they didn't care if we spoke. Now that everyone is done testing I thought it would be interesting to discuss these questions... Now please remember each question is presented, and THEN the follow up is presented... You answer the first part and then the second, and you can not go back.
    You messed up big time. You edited out the questions but, people who subscribed to this thread still have your original post in their mailbox. You may have ruined your chances and other people's chances as well.

Forum Member

They are done testing as of yesterday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic1218 View Post
    They are done testing as of yesterday
    I'm guessing overtime?

Forum Member

Did you attend orientation?

All testing was done on Monday... Remember she spoke about how this is subcontracted out to a corporation and they had to do it in as few days as possible.

Furthermore, at the testing location they told us, please don't speak to anyone in the waiting area, but once you go downstairs do as you please.

Lastly, why would I want to help someone beat me? I posted this AFTER the fact so that I wouldn't give anyone a better chance than the one I received.

Anyways back to the discussion at hand, what route did everyone take for the first question? Did you try to help the firefighters, or were you stern in your response and take the route that it had to be reported?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
    You messed up big time. You edited out the questions but, people who subscribed to this thread still have your original post in their mailbox. You may have ruined your chances and other people's chances as well.
    Why so dramatic? Reminds me of the scenarios they ask us... Would this be your reaction?

Again, I reiterate, in the event anyone would be offended by the post, I edited it, but I still don't see why it would be an issue. After the last test, you can find a thread on these very forums were they discussed questions and answers (you just have to do a little searching.) As a matter a fact, the question regarding Sexual Enhancement Drugs apparently was repeated.

Also, all testing was completed yesterday, there were NO make-ups or rain checks. My issue with the test is the feeling that there are MANY right answers for each question, so I wonder how everyone responded.

Forum Member

I responded with the most important issues being a priority first and basically kept talking until I have about 7 seconds left. I feel confident about it.

I'm sure those questions did have more than one right answer which could confuse people who find themselves stuck in the middle of how to approach the solution which could lead to stuttering, brief pauses in response, or forgetting the question.

That would be my guess to how they grade communication.

Thread Information