Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Miami Beach doesnt use the swim test. It is just the modified combat challenge and it isnt difficult if you are in decent shape. It is pass/fail and your time determines nothing. Just pass. You have plenty of time.

PPH
    Forum Member

Here is the specific outline for the Maimi Beach PAT. No swimming mentioned!

http://www.bfa.edu/img/uploads/REV%2...HY%20STATE.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PPH View Post
    Here is the specific outline for the Maimi Beach PAT. No swimming mentioned!

http://www.bfa.edu/img/uploads/REV%2...HY%20STATE.pdf
    Just curious if anyone has turned in their application or taken the PAT yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beachfire View Post
    Yeah, you should be fine. Jeff is right on the money with his time frame.
    BeachFire, does MBFD shy away from FF who came from other dept?

Also, I have done the CPAT but not the BFA combat challenge...any tips?

Thanks in advance

Forum Member

The BFA combat challenge is very easy. In fact, its almost laughable easy. I believe MBFD also raised the time limit to 8 minutes as opposed to the old 7 minute time frame. The last time I did it was for Monroe County a few years ago, in the middle of summer with temps around 100' and no one did it in more than 5 minutes.

I do know, however, that MBFD has a tough training program with one of their tests being to go up and down a 47 floor building on one tank of air.

Forum Member

Anyone have a guess on what the numbers of applicants are looking like this time around so far? and if most the applicants pass the PAT whats it going to look like on the Orientation day because isnt it only a one day deal?

Forum Member

I took mine on the 18 of June, and had about 76 people, there.

Forum Member

I just took mine yesterday and they said no one has failed the cpat yet which pretty much means its a joke. 8 and a half minutes is enough time to do it twice

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    I just took mine yesterday and they said no one has failed the cpat yet which pretty much means its a joke. 8 and a half minutes is enough time to do it twice
    Dude by the time you got to the dummy, tell me your quads and glutes weren't burning a little=) I did it in 4:11, but paced myself. How did you guys do?

Good fortunes ladies and gents. Don't sweat the process...if God wants you to be a MBFF you will be. Do your best and leave the rest to him.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Class110 View Post
    BeachFire, does MBFD shy away from FF who came from other dept?

Also, I have done the CPAT but not the BFA combat challenge...any tips?

Thanks in advance
    We hire alot of guys with prior experience.

No tips needed for our PAT, it is a joke. Our recruit training is not though, if you are fortunate enough to get hired, don't show up out of shape.

Forum Member

No tips needed for our PAT, it is a joke. Our recruit training is not though, if you are fortunate enough to get hired, don't show up out of shape.
    What's the recruit class like if you don't mind me asking I heard there's a pretty tough swim portion in the academy any details on that?

Forum Member

Thank you Sir. One of my instructors, at Dade, was from the Beach. For got his name though, most of the guys were from Hialeah.

How do you prepare for the BAP? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilder453 View Post
    What's the recruit class like if you don't mind me asking I heard there's a pretty tough swim portion in the academy any details on that?
    The swim evaluation is not a test, just an evaluation to see if you will be a Primary Swimmer. When Ocean Rescue clocks out for the day, we get to rescue the drunk tourists who decide to go for a dip at 3 in the morning, lol. The Portofino Tower climb is tough but so much is in your head. You have to just relax and control your breathing. The High Rise Drill is very tough. Alot of the guys say it is the toughest. The Combat Challenge (on air, fully bunkered out) seems to get the skinnier guys, they struggle with the dummy. This class will be going through during the winter. That is HUGE. It totally sucks being in full bunker gear all day during the summer. The PT is rough but the instructors aren't there to fail you. They want you to succeed. If you give it your all and treat the instructors and your fellow recruits with dignity and respect you will do just fine.

Forum Member

The swim evaluation is not a test, just an evaluation to see if you will be a Primary Swimmer. When Ocean Rescue clocks out for the day, we get to rescue the drunk tourists who decide to go for a dip at 3 in the morning, lol. The Portofino Tower climb is tough but so much is in your head. You have to just relax and control your breathing. The High Rise Drill is very tough. Alot of the guys say it is the toughest. The Combat Challenge (on air, fully bunkered out) seems to get the skinnier guys, they struggle with the dummy. This class will be going through during the winter. That is HUGE. It totally sucks being in full bunker gear all day during the summer. The PT is rough but the instructors aren't there to fail you. They want you to succeed. If you give it your all and treat the instructors and your fellow recruits with dignity and respect you will do just fine.
    I appreciate the info beachfire, thank you very much sir!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilder453 View Post
    I appreciate the info beachfire, thank you very much sir!
    You are very welcome. Good luck.

Forum Member

BeachFire and insight/tips/prep for the BAP?

Forum Member

Orientation tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, myself included lol

Forum Member

Default BAP questions

Can anyone give a few examples of the type of questions that are given on the BAP?

Forum Member

"im talking about being on time people and not being late like green shirt over here... You have to be a chiefs son"

That guys hilarious.
    Last edited by FFMedicMiami; 07-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Forum Member

I've never taken a BAP but from what I have been told from folks who have is that the questions are situational and "what would you do" type.

Being that its an outside center that does it, they probably will change up the questions all the time.

Thread Information