+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Miami Beach Hiring 14

Forum Member

The other 3 guys from my department got high 70s...from what i keep hearin the avergae was between 75 nd 85

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean_Medic View Post
    The other 3 guys from my department got high 70s...from what i keep hearin the avergae was between 75 nd 85
    Same here. Everyone that I know is getting some low scores. Strange.

Forum Member

Good, then hopefully my scores hold up...I think they will

Forum Member

So far out of the guys I work with... one 99, one 100 and one is a disabled vet, so he is on top
    Last edited by Deluge059; 08-18-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Forum Member

Maybe this test was scored tougher than the last? I am not really hearing about any high scores like last test...

Forum Member

And my score... an 86.
    Im dropping out of the process though, I got recently got hired by a department up north and am leaving Florida in a few months.

Good luck to all you guys trying to get on MBFD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    And my score... an 86.
    Im dropping out of the process though, I got recently got hired by a department up north and am leaving Florida in a few months.

Good luck to all you guys trying to get on MBFD
    Good luck to you.

I also have to consider that I have a good opportunity elsewhere and perhaps this score helps me not have to make a difficult decision in the future.

MembersZone Subscriber

Status now says "placed on eligibility list". Does this mean they have the rankings? I don't think the points have been added for paramedic, ect. First I heard we wouldn't know until 8/22, but yesterday I was told nothing until 8/27....

Forum Member

Id like to remind all who are on the Eligible list with MBFD that this is the time to reallllllly drive safely.. no new tickets.. no fights with guys at bars. Everybody be smart and play nice, no issues!

Forum Member

Does anyone know whether or not because we all have made the eligibility list, will we automatically get selected for the background check?

Forum Member

Is there a failing score for the BAP? and do some not making it on the eligibility list?..when do you find out your rank on the list?

Forum Member

Ranks come out some time next week..u r ranked in the order of ur score starting from 105 to 0...the higher ur score the better ranked u r...there is no failing score..but if ur in the upper hundreds I wouldnt get ur hopes up, that's why everyone is on the lost...but no one knows what score is a bad score because the ranks r not out yet...no one knows who got what..if the average is 80...and there is only a handful of people above that then they will be high on the ranking list nd then it will go from there...will know where everyone stands once u get ur ranks...

Forum Member

Does anyone know how they tie break scores for the rankings?

Forum Member

I believe its in the order you turned in your application. So if you are tied with someone else and they turned their app in first they would be ranked ahead of u...

Forum Member

Thats correct irishfire...Thats how it is in most departments...

Forum Member

Not everyone goes through the rest of the process. Say we are hiring 20 off of this list for the first class. We might put 5 people for each slot through the background, psych, etc. Still, that is a 100 people right there and we will be hiring again off of this list within the year. Also remember that a lot of guys will be eliminated through backgrounds, psych test, voice stress, etc. This is a good list to be on guys. Good luck.

Forum Member

Default miami beach

Usually though the first 20 rankings are extremely good canidates so there isn't to much wiggle room to get picked up in the first class correct.

Forum Member

Not really, When my cousin got hired with the beach he was number 80 on the list..its safe to say if ur in the top hundred u have a shot

Forum Member

Wow ...I figured lower ranked people would get picked up but in the second class..from what I heard there wasn't much fallout last hiring process fro the first 10 they hired

Forum Member

every test is different..im hearing alot of low scores so no one can really say what the high scores are...it all depends on where everyone is ranked

Forum Member

Well I guess we will see where we fall next week.. good luck

Forum Member

Do we have an exact date as to when the ranks are going to be out?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The 22nd is the day they mentioned at the meeting. I called HR when a buddy of mine who took the test with me and my brother who took it the next day Both had they're scores and I still didn't. HR said that they were putting people in ranks and that all the information should be available the 22nd.

I got a 92.22 but I'm not "celebrating" anything until I get threw the rest of the hurdles and someone hands me gear. Psych , lie detector, voice stress all those sound like no joke and With the luck I got the guys who showed up late, in shorts or and injured veteran are going to be higher than me in the process. ( didn't the HR lady mention that injured vets
    Go to the top of the list no matter what they score in the BAP?)
    In other words.. The grass ain't any greener on this side brother. I know guys with higher scores than me who r just as low /nervous/ or negative. Keep your head high and keep fighting because at the end of the day it's all you can do.

Good luck boys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irishfire1495 View Post
    Usually though the first 20 rankings are extremely good canidates so there isn't to much wiggle room to get picked up in the first class correct.
    The #1 ranked guy from a couple of classes ago was eliminated in background. Another guy in the top 10 was eliminated during background. A guy who actually got hired went out on South Beach to celebrate and got drunk and started trouble. When Beach cops got involved he started babbling about being MBFD and was arrested. Needless to say that he didn't make it to the first day of recruit training. Point is all that you can do is keep your head up and let things fall into place. You just never know how things are going to unfold.

Forum Member

Does anyone know whether or not the initial scores that we received included bonus points?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information