Forum Member

Default Written test score needed for oral board

Hi all,

I just got finished taking my first test through Public Safety Testing. I'm sure I only missed two of the reading/math questions, but came out with an 84% overall. I'm assuming the psych portion didn't do me any favors.

For those of you who have taken the PST test and made it to an oral board, what was your score? I'm trying to determine if I should even bother with the CPAT since my score wasn't a 98%+.

Waiting 6 months to test again is also very frustrating.

Thanks for your input.

Forum Member

Default re

If you only got a 84 I wouldnt spend the money on a CPAT at this time, I would focus on you test scores.

Ive have friends that never got a call with 95% The 11 or so guys that I know that have been hired from PS were all 98% PLUS, I only know one guy with a 97% and that was 4 years ago when Redmond hired like 15 or so

Forum Member

Hi Tech,

Thanks for your response. How long ago were your friends called? PST redesigns their tests every so often, after people figure out how to do well on them. I'm trying to determine if I'm in a new wave where most people score around where I did, or if I have 98%+ competition. I fear it's the latter and not the former.

I did email PST and asked how my score compared. They said it was right in the middle of average (they cited 83-85).

Since the CPAT lasts for a year, I'll get it done. That way it's all taken care of for my next testing go around in 6 months.

Thanks again.

Thread Information