makes good girls go bad

Default Race for governor

Anyone see who will be the best bet?
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Sink, hands down. Scott is a total ****** bag.

makes good girls go bad

Sink has LOST 24 BILLION (with a B) from our pension already though........
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    She is by far the lesser of two evils bro. Just my opinion but thats who every firefighter that i know down here is supporting. There is no way in hell that i will vote for Scott. But i respect your decision either way. Thats what makes this the best country on earth! Stay safe.

Forum Member

The Truth About Alex Sink

FALSE ATTACK: Sink Misused The State Plane

TRUTH: Alex Sink Did Not Misuse The State Plane - Rick Scott Has Spent Millions On Deceptive, False And Misleading Ads, And His New Ad With The State Plane Is No Exception. Alex Sink Is The State Official Who First Pushed The Effort To Post All State Flights On The Internet, So The Public Could See Exactly Who Was Using The Plane And How Much It Costs. Even The Palm Beach Post Said Alex Did Not Use The Plane To Commute.

PROOF:

As many newspapers have reported, Alex Sink is a fiscal conservative with a record of protecting the taxpayers' money and increasing transparency to hold state government more accountable. Alex Sink did not misuse the state plane - Rick Scott has spent millions on deceptive, false and misleading ads, and his new ad with the state plane is no exception.

Alex Sink did not misuse the plane. As the Palm Beach Post said, Alex Sink did not use the state plane to commute.
    Alex Sink is the state official who first pushed the effort to post all state flights on the Internet, so the public could see exactly who was using the plane and how much it costs. In addition, during her term, the state's fleet was reduced, down a third with the sale of one plane in 2009.

Scott's making the plane an issue because he's trying to distract from his record which includes criticism that he used his company's corporate jet to effectively build a company that was structured to buy and close hospitals here in Florida and other states, and which conducted systemic Medicare fraud on a historic level. Scott also wants to distract from the free, illegal vacations and gifts that were given to doctors as part of the systemic fraud.

When Rick Scott says he is against the state plane, it's because he doesn't want to be held accountable -he'll be in his own tainted private plane.

FALSE ATTACK: Sink Supports "No-Bid Contracts"

TRUTH: There Is No Truth To The 'No Bid' Claim. Rick Scott Claims Alex Sink "Funneled" $770,000 In "No-Bid Contracts" To Bank Of America. This Is Simply Wrong. There Is No Evidence That Sink "Funneled" Anything To Anyone; And It Is Highly Misleading To Say Bank Of America Got "No-Bid Contracts" Because 39 Different Firms Were Openly Competing For The Business. Scott Claims That Sink Never Disclosed Her Conflict Of Interest - There Is No Evidence Of A Conflict In The First Place.

PROOF:

Rick Scott's claim that Alex Sink voted for no-bid contracts is completely false. Alex was on a board with the governor and his three cabinet members who voted unanimously to accept the recommendation from a "request for proposal" - RFP. The fact is that Sink simply endorsed a recommendation that resulted from a highly competitive and open process.

Rick Scott claims that a subsidiary of Bank of America received three quarters of a million dollars in fees - this is false. The recommendation was to give the contract to Merrill Lynch, which was not owned by Bank of America at the time.

Rick Scott claims that Alex Sink had a "conflict of interest" - this is again false. There is no evidence that Sink had a conflict of interest. In fact, Alex took extra efforts to avoid a conflict - putting her entire stock portfolio in a blind trust so she could not be biased.

FALSE ATTACK: SINK ENDANGERED OUR SENIORS' PENSIONS

TRUTH: The Miami Herald, St. Petersburg Times And The Associated Press Said Scott's Claims About Alex Record On The Florida Pension Fund Were Misleading And False. For Years Sink Has Been Calling For Reform At The Pension Fund And In 2010, The Florida Pension Fund Earned Record Breaking Returns.

PROOF:

The Miami Herald/St. Petersburg Times said that Scott's attack ad on pensions is "misleading", "smudges the facts," and falsely implies that Alex Sink was responsible the drop in pension value. The Associated Press called Scott's ad "deceptive." [The Miami Herald/St. Petersburg Times, 9/21/10; Associated Press, 9/20/10]

In fact, Alex Sink was calling for pension board reforms before she launched her campaign for governor. [Orlando Sentinel, 11/7/09]

As CFO, Alex Sink unveiled a 10-point plan to strengthen investments and oversight at the state pension fund. [The Bond Buyer, 3/13/08]

In 2010, Florida's pension fund earned its greatest return over benchmark in 25 years. [Investment Management Weekly, 8/2/10]
    The Pew Center

Florida Retirement System Trust Fund Has Record Year Growth

Crist, Sink & McCollum consider the latest FRS performance data. The short of it; pension Trust fund at 118 billion dollars, an increase of over 8 billion dollars since July 1, 2010. Return on investments as of June 30, 2010, 14.03%. This is the largest increase in the FRS Trust fund in over 25 years. FRS returns exceeded it's projected income performance by 251 basis points and was rated the number one pension plan among it's peers (like size pension plans).

Read all about it:
    http://frsoptions.info/florida-retir...ction#more-394
    Last edited by kennon7; 10-18-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: addition

makes good girls go bad
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

I am sad that this race doesn't matter to me as much anymore because i moved back to NY state. Doesn't mean that my critical eye has gone away for obvious B$. I don't feel like looking it up BUT the statement below is obvious propaganda.
    Florida Retirement System Trust Fund Has Record Year Growth

Crist, Sink & McCollum consider the latest FRS performance data. The short of it; pension Trust fund at 118 billion dollars, an increase of over 8 billion dollars since July 1, 2010. Return on investments as of June 30, 2010, 14.03%. This is the largest increase in the FRS Trust fund in over 25 years. FRS returns exceeded it's projected income performance by 251 basis points and was rated the number one pension plan among it's peers (like size pension plans).
    If it was true/realistic view it would be measured from her start in office ... not cherry picking "since since July 1, 2010". Anybody that has to cherry pick is very dubious in my opinion.

Forum Member

Your pension, my pension is city funded

Forum Member

If i'm not mistaken, didn't you just get hired? If so, you didn't lose anything, stop drinking the kool-aid.

My pension is city funded and yes it is down and did lose money, but so did everyone and everything. Its hard to make good investments when the market is going south on all aspects. Sink didn't chose to lose money in bad investments, it just happened. Rick Scott chose to be a crook.

Forum Member

From Miami-Dade's Union Website:

Early Voting Has Begun

October 19, 2010

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The general elections will be held on Tuesday, November 2, 2010. There has never been a more important time to be involved in the politics of this state, than right now. As you can see by all the political ads, this will be a historic election for the State of Florida. For the first time, we have the office of Governor, Attorney General, and Chief Financial Officer up for grabs at the same time. These are the three people who make up the Florida Retirement Pension Board. Next year there will be an attempt to reduce our pension benefits. The one person who can veto laws that attack our pension is the Governor. That is why the Governor's race is such a priority for all us. We strongly urge you to vote for all our endorsed candidates. These are the individuals that through interviews, screenings, and personal communications, have indicated to us that they will support our positions. It is very important that everyone participates in this process.

Early voting begins this week. Enclosed, you will find the endorsed candidates for statewide races and races within Miami-Dade County. Please urge everyone in your household as well as your neighbors and friends to support these candidates. Even if you live outside the county, every member of this local living in the State of Florida is asked to vote for the endorsed statewide candidates:

Alex Sink for Governor
    Jeff Atwater for Chief Financial Officer
    Dan Gelber for State Attorney General
    Adam Putnam for Commissioner of Agriculture

We already know from previous elections that every vote counts. Volunteer, participate, and vote to protect your hard earned benefits.

Fraternally,

Rowan Taylor
    2nd Vice President
    IAFF Local 1403

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, didn't you just get hired? If so, you didn't lose anything, stop drinking the kool-aid.

My pension is city funded and yes it is down and did lose money, but so did everyone and everything. Its hard to make good investments when the market is going south on all aspects. Sink didn't chose to lose money in bad investments, it just happened. Rick Scott chose to be a crook.
    Yes, I did just get hired, but when is it OK for me to start being concerned about my future? The choices we make now will affect us later in life.

That is the reason I started this topic, to get info and opinions from Brothers around the state so we make the right decision.

Be safe, Brother.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post

Yes, I did just get hired, but when is it OK for me to start being concerned about my future? The choices we make now will affect us later in life.

That is the reason I started this topic, to get info and opinions from Brothers around the state so we make the right decision.

Be safe, Brother
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Thread Information