Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default need to get wildland certs... TX

Needing to get my 'red card' for wildland but can't find anything. I found that NFA has the courses online but you need a course administrator. I don't currently work for a department and am applying but some of the out of state departments and places require or prefer it. How do I get it here in TX? I've looked all over the state agency sites and all I can find is the NFAOnline one... but i don't have a course administrator.

Forum Member

Default red card

Best thing you can do is go to your local Texas Forest Service office and sign up to be a seasonal. Just heard they will do your S130/190(required for red card) and the WCT in the office.

Forum Member

Thumbs up be ready

along with the class that takes 2 weekends or a four day class theres a 3 MILE walk with 45# vest in 45 minutes to get your card. Im on Texas Gulf Coast you can contact US fish and wildlife they oversee it. lately thay been making people walk first so warm up and good luck. Once you get your S130/190 send it in to get your credit on SFFMA

Forum Member

Wink INFO for you

Type of Station: NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE
    Region: Southwest Region (2)
    State: TEXAS

Contact Information:
    Telephone: 903 786-2826
    FAX: 903 786-3327

Mailing Address:
    6465 REFUGE ROAD
    SHERMAN, TEXAS 75092-5817

Location Address:
    6465 REGUGE ROAD
    SHERMAN, TEXAS 75092-5817

Directions to the Office:
    "SHERMAN, TX - HIGHWAY 75 TO HIGHWAY 82W; GO 4 MILES TO HIGHWAY 289; TAKE HIGHWAY 289N FOUR MILES TO REFUGE ROAD. TURN WEST ON REFUGE ROAD . FOUR MILES TO THE VISITOR CENTER."

This record was last updated on August 16, 2010

Forum Member

Heres a link for the Texas Interagency Wildfire & Incident Management Academy. They post the TFS 130/190 and other courses here. The next academy is in Lufkin 5/17/2011 - 5/27/2011. The have 130/190 and some others. You will need these courses as well as the pack test. You can also find them online with NFA but you will have to get someone to do the skills and all with you.

https://tiwa.tamu.edu/RegSysStudent/Home/Home.aspx

Thread Information