Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,391

    Default Potential layoffs in Clintonville

    Sent by a friend........

    Potential layoffs in Clintonville
    WFRV News

    Story Updated: Oct 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM CDT
    Seagrave, a major employer in Clintonville, could be considering layoffs.

    There has been speculation for some time that the fire truck manufacturer could be considering layoffs, which would mean trouble for Clintonville.

    Currently, an informational meeting is going on at union headquarters with the AFL-CIO. They're discussing items like unemployment compensation, career transition services and support services.

    Seagrave's CEO were not available for comment. However, some workers, as well as Clintonville's mayor, have said some layoffs have already taken place. It is not known how many workers have--or will be--affected.

    The mayor says she's been hearing rumblings of layoffs for six weeks, but the company's CEO won't discuss the issue with her.

    Seagrave is one of the first major industries to come to Clintonville. The company builds fire trucks and is such an integral part of the community that the high school mascot is called The Truckers.

    http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/Poten...105215594.html
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."


  2. #2
    Forum Member Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Better keep that "Birdy" fed Buff! T.C.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Easton,Pa
    Posts
    368

    Default

    I'm not suprised by this. Their pricing on bids lately has been amazing.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default

    they are in the process of closing their Canadian shop in Carleton place Ontario by the end of the year.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    294

    Default

    I think a lot of companies appear to be downsizing or consolidating their operations to I assume try and weather the storm, I think everyone got a bit big for their own good and are now dumping and trimming the fat so to speak.

  6. #6
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Better keep that "Birdy" fed Buff! T.C.
    I send him some good stuff once in a while!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  7. #7
    Forum Member Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pumper8032 View Post
    I think a lot of companies appear to be downsizing or consolidating their operations to I assume try and weather the storm, I think everyone got a bit big for their own good and are now dumping and trimming the fat so to speak.
    Hey Darren,how's things in OZ? T.C.

  8. #8
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Sent by a friend........

    Potential layoffs in Clintonville
    WFRV News

    Story Updated: Oct 18, 2010 at 5:40 PM CDT
    Seagrave, a major employer in Clintonville, could be considering layoffs.

    There has been speculation for some time that the fire truck manufacturer could be considering layoffs, which would mean trouble for Clintonville.

    Currently, an informational meeting is going on at union headquarters with the AFL-CIO. They're discussing items like unemployment compensation, career transition services and support services.

    Seagrave's CEO were not available for comment. However, some workers, as well as Clintonville's mayor, have said some layoffs have already taken place. It is not known how many workers have--or will be--affected.

    The mayor says she's been hearing rumblings of layoffs for six weeks, but the company's CEO won't discuss the issue with her.

    Seagrave is one of the first major industries to come to Clintonville. The company builds fire trucks and is such an integral part of the community that the high school mascot is called The Truckers.

    http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/Poten...105215594.html


    With the reduction of the FDNY sales, no wonder they are doing this. Plus their prices generaly run a little higher than others. Of course the City of New York hasn't helped either with the tight and sometime strict bid process.



    Another great soon to be down the tubes!!

    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Hey Darren,how's things in OZ? T.C.
    Yeah really food mate, finally coming into summer, the beer is on ice, the BBQ is getting warmed up, what more could you want....oh thats right I am on shift tonight, oh well !

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    21

    Default

    A wise ol' Owl said almost two years ago, that a professional at cutting and slashing was being brought in to maybe "close er up".......and that's a quote.

    The pattern matches perfectly so far, especially when business is turned away because the bottom line isn't profitable enough, for some.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Heller strikes again.

  12. #12
    Forum Member Rescue101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Bridgton,Me USA
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pumper8032 View Post
    Yeah really food mate, finally coming into summer, the beer is on ice, the BBQ is getting warmed up, what more could you want....oh thats right I am on shift tonight, oh well !
    OK,so you gotta cut out the Beer. For tonight. Spark it up and GAME ON,hehe T.C.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smtfdca View Post
    they are in the process of closing their Canadian shop in Carleton place Ontario by the end of the year.
    Should have done that a few years ago, Seagrave Canada has had a steep decline in their clientele. many of their management, sales staff have moved on...

  14. #14
    Forum Member RESQRICH911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lung Island, NY US
    Posts
    11

    Default Survival

    Heller is gone.
    There's hope yet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Detroit - Judge Puts Freeze On Firefighter Layoffs
    By derekaprice in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 12:19 PM
  2. Delayed Cleveland Layoffs
    By tyler101 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 08:57 PM
  3. Beverly grapples with budget cuts, layoffs
    By dfdex1 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:07 PM
  4. Ohio firefighters face layoffs
    By Firebug030 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 09:51 AM
  5. Career Firefighter Layoffs
    By spuddy98 in forum Career/Paid Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-21-2002, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts