Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Yet, it isn't going to happen YET. The fact is many cities have sent letters requesting the exemption be lifted. Including the one I work in.
    Mine has, as well. In fact, my city has been the one that has fought the hardest to get the inclusion; the mayor spoke for hours in Madison on the subject.
    I guess the only confidence I have is what I see in writing from my local's leadership. I'm not going to get into the hows and whys of what decisions were made in how I voted for governor. Suffice it to say that it spanned multiple issues.

Honestly, you shocked me when you didn't comment on th whole privatization and consolidation boondoggle.
    What was left to say? You did a pretty good job of laying it out there. I have always believed that private ambulances are more of a threat to our careers than any volunteer department. Of course tho, there are "brothers" all over this forum who fully endorse the opposite.
    I have to admit tho, it does make me chuckle when Bell Ambulance shows up to transport and the private paramedic on that rig calls us a bad union, etc... while he is actually a county med that is assigned to MED-10. (working as a BLS unit, no less) Classic. I guess that's just being a good union member. I know you're on the same page as me, with this topic.

I don't know how much more the city is going to look for in working with the privates. The fact is, the alderman in question is a wack job.A few years ago he was on a tangent about getting us to stop using water for firefighting.

Consolidation; I have no clue as to what is going on. I don't believe there is any movement towards taking any cities in, like what happened with West Milwaukee. If it is happening, the conversations aren't even including the chief of department, here.
    We have been getting out into the suburban departments to give a hands on visual of our special ops, such as collapse, etc... but that is strictly informational events and an effort by our administration to be more inclusive and open. Remember that the Pizza Man fiasco happened under a different chief. The guy we have now is a good guy and most definitely remembers his roots. He has also surrounded himself with guys that are firemen first, chiefs second.

The current chief is an incredible breath of fresh air. I forgot what it was like to have a chief that still thinks like a firefighter. I also guess I'm just sick of the arguing that is so pervasive in the state and region. I try hard not to get bent about anything until it is clear it is going to happen. As of today, we've lost 254 positions, two battalion chiefs and five rigs since I was hired; the lion's share of that being in the past few years. We have more slated to be cut next year, along with pay and benefits. I have more important things to worry about than things I have no control over. As far as I know all of the consolidation talk is just that, talk. Mayor Barrett stated he was in favor of it, that is a fact. Very good and close friends of mine, in the chief's ranks, have heard absolutely nothing about consolidating anything.
    Last edited by Jasper 45; 05-14-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Forum Member

Milwaukee police discovered the body of a female Monday morning inside a Riverwest house that had been damaged in a fire Friday night.

Officers were at a duplex in the 1100 block of E. Center St. following up on a missing person investigation involving the owner of the home, police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said in a news release.

"We continue to work on this investigation including the identification of the body found today," she said. "At this point, we have no further information to share on this incident."

The Milwaukee Fire Department responded to a fire in the house at 11:27 p.m. Friday and helped police do a forced entry to do a search in the debris Monday around 11:15 a.m. Monday, a fire department official said. That's when they found the body.

Firefighters generally do a thorough investigation after a fire to determine cause and origin, the official said.

Court and city records show the house belongs to the Rev. Mary Ellen Freundl, an ordained ministerial counselor with Pathways of Light. A missing-persons report on Freundl was filed with Milwaukee police shortly after the fire.

Schwartz said police have not identified the body.
    All I can say is wow, you guys are incompetent fools. What an embarrassment to the fire service as if you guys already werent.

and jasper, you are a moron if u beleiev the drivel you write. It seems to me milwaukee would be better off privatized. The tax payers might get some competent service for their money.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFFW proud View Post
    All I can say is wow, you guys are incompetent fools. What an embarrassment to the fire service as if you guys already werent.

and jasper, you are a moron if u beleiev the drivel you write. It seems to me milwaukee would be better off privatized. The tax payers might get some competent service for their money.
    You write as you do and yet you question the intellect of others?

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by PFFW proud View Post

WOW! Totally uncalled for.

Sorry, I simply cannot and will notsupport this post and attack by you on Jasper or the Brothers in Milwaukee.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

WOW! Totally uncalled for.

Sorry, I simply cannot and will notsupport this post and attack by you on Jasper or the Brothers in Milwaukee.
    I second that
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    I second that
    Third for good measure.
    We do not rise to the occasion. We fall back to our level of training.

Quote Originally Posted by DFDMAXX View Post
    Third for good measure.
    Fourth, for that extra kick in the nuts.

Thread Information