Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rockford Fire department test

Has anyone heard anything from rockford on the status of there testing process. Didn't know if anyone from rockford may have some insight.
    Last edited by espline6; 10-23-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espline6 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything from rockford on the status of there testing process. Didn't know if anyone from rockford may have some insight.
    I'm not from Rockford, but close enough. They won arbitration which will stop the city administration from trying to close two stations, which would have cut up to 24 positions. That's a positive.

The city is in bad shape. The latest rumor is that there are not enough reserve apparatus to keep companies in service...

I wouldn't hold your breath.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

I just got a letter for an interview in September. Anyone else get a letter for an interview? Are they planning on actually hiring anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GLMEDIC View Post
    I just got a letter for an interview in September. Anyone else get a letter for an interview? Are they planning on actually hiring anyone?
    I'll have to confirm, but I thought 75 got letters for interviews. I seem to have heard that number thrown around.

I've heard lots of rumors from guys on the job. Lots of potential retirements, I've heard the next class could be at least 20. Again, just because they need the people doesn't mean the city admin will allow hiring.

Great folks running the department though. I'm sure the chief will find some way to hire folks.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Any news from Rockford?

Any news from Rockford?
    They conducted their interviews and published a list that was before preference points, and candidates were given a time frame to submit their documentation for preference points. I believe that the final list reflecting these points has not been published yet.

Told to me off the record, and from people at Rockford that are directly involved and I trust, no recruit classes are planned at this time. However, the department is down something like 17 personnel from their allowed staffing, so at some point the overtime costs will be more than what it costs to bring new blood in. I'd imagine then you'd see a class put together.

The feeling I get is that once the chief is given the go ahead to hire, they'll expedite the process and start an academy in like two weeks, before anyone in the city admin has a chance to change their minds...

Forum Member

Anyone know when the final list will be established? I saw that they promoted several members of the department last week. Hopefully, they will need to start a class soon.

Anyone know when the final list will be established? I saw that they promoted several members of the department last week. Hopefully, they will need to start a class soon.
    I've heard final list is done...

Thread Information