Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cutaboverest View Post
    these saws are for light sheet metal not vehicles...they make the biggest mess and will throw sparks beware
    YOU ever use one of these saws? They will cut a LOT more than sheet metal(at least as it applies to vehicles) Thw counterrotating ones don't make a whole lot of sparks. More than a recip to be sure. T.C.

Forum Member

Hi

The Weber Twin Saw is a very good piece of equipment, it is capable of cutting the late metals on vehicles today, with little to no kick back, very few sparks with minimal debris.

I have tried this saw on Boronated b-posts and it was able to complete the cut with little problem

It is a lot less aggressive than a disc cutter/abrasive wheel

Jon

I always get a chuckle when I read this stuff. Unless I see proof, don't bother telling me who cut it and when. When stuff like that is posted, most of the time a salesman has his buddy post it or he does himself.

I have seen those cuts in person on the video to verify them to be true. As to any other statement made by other manufacturers, just show the proof, don't tell me. I like to see with my own one or two eyes.

With that said, last I checked this is America. You can invite all your tool reps/dealers and do some cutting. give each tool manf. equal time to attempt cuts. Make the decision for yourself. I prefer the method of having them all their at the same time... that's my method, maybe its not the best, but I think it gives them all a even playing field. I let them know this in advance. Usually only 2 or 3 show up. When someones confident of their product... they love the chance to go head to head with their competition.

On a regular basis I have a opportunity to see various tools working and see their performance on some pretty nasty stuff. I have drawn my own personal conclusions on what does the job, you should draw your own conclusion also.

Make a informed/researched decision

Getting on a forum and asking who has the best rescue tools?? One would be better to place their finger on a table and whack it as hard as you can with a hammer... lol

Forum Member

HI

scooby006

I see your point and its fully understandable, I am no sales rep i am a career FF, and i have used this saw, my post comments are true and accurate from first hand unbiased experience.

It did what it says on the tin, understandably there will always be differing views on this type of saw

Jon

jon, i maybe should have been more specific, i wasn't referring to the saws. I believe all of you. I have used the Milwaukee small battery saw with great results... the blade is whats important.

I was referring to the cutters.

Being on the road doing classes, I only get in here occasionally. And for the most part I only comment now and then. I don't recollect video being presented before as to cutters doing the cuts. A statement has been made in reference to another cutter out there that will do it, I would like to see the evidence so I may make a more informed decision.

Then again, I'm a dreamer, if we can put a man on the moon, then we have the technology to produce cutters that will perform the task needed.

We where all told 15 years ago that cutter technology has reached its limit.... look where we are now. While in a conversation with a engineer a few years back while they where showing me there new cutter and all it will do, I said to him.... "if you want to impress me, make these GD things more lighter for us older crippled folk". his reply was, the technology is there, but know-one could afford it.
    Last edited by scooby0066; 10-31-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: sentence structure/paragraph move

Forum Member

HI

scooby006

Arh no worries mate, thanks for the reply. Easy done with forums

Thread Information