Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Retiring Apparatus

My question revolves around any proper way to retired an apparatus. We have three new engines and two aerial's coming our way, and we have several apparatus that are being retired for good and scrapped/sold, and two trucks that are moving back to reserve status.

I'm a fan of tradition, and am mainly seeing on the proper way to retired/reserve apparatus. Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PRFD218 View Post
    My question revolves around any proper way to retired an apparatus. We have three new engines and two aerial's coming our way, and we have several apparatus that are being retired for good and scrapped/sold, and two trucks that are moving back to reserve status.

I'm a fan of tradition, and am mainly seeing on the proper way to retired/reserve apparatus. Thanks!
    If your looking for a good home for something you have newer and less trouble than our 1985 & 1973 engines speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by PRFD218 View Post

Not quite sure I understand the question. Are you asking if there are any traditions, like "housing" a new piece of apparatus, except in this case you are retiring one??? I have never heard of anything for retiring a piece, except for maybe feeling happy that a piece of schit was finally gone.....There is a certain 1989 Duplex/Quality that I know of that I would love to load up with rocks and push over a cliff.....and then throw a party!!!!!

Usually, getting rid of a piece of apparatus involves advertising it for sale. Most older pieces of apparatus are bought by one of three parties: Another department that may not be fortunate to afford a new piece, a collector who wants to restore it, or a scrapper.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

pull out the old one, back in the new one.

MembersZone Subscriber CKirk922's Avatar

Have a '77 brand P mini pumper quick attack (good truck in its day) ...Looking for a brush fire along the river bank. OOOPPPSSSSIE- there she goes! Splash...
    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Forum Member

If you work for a branch of government, chances are there are laws in place that dictate how excess property has to be disposed of. In my municipality, it all goes to a public auction held once a year.

Thread Information