Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

Forum Member

Thanks for the info washedup, well at least I can breathe a little easier now. Good to know the rankings will be attached to the letter we receive. Guess it's about time to start thinking about the next test, and what I can do between now and then to make myself a better candidate. Thanks for all the help and info you guys. Maybe see you in August....

Forum Member

Info from conversation with Dori in HR this morning. She said all calls went out Monday for top 24, waiting to hear from 1 person and alternates were being called today (Tuesday). She told me in my PHQ review they intend to use this list through 2012 since they won't have a written next year. BUT, as we all know in this game the rules and rumors change often so good luck to all. Hope the rumors are true and they use this list for Recruit Class 99 in August 2011.

Forum Member

I've been told by some insiders that there will be a fall academy from this list...As is the case with these things, nothing is certain. Hopefully some more from the forums get a call later this year. I'll do my best to kill it in February.

Forum Member

well,congrats everyone. This definitely shows that for seattle,its irrelevant of your ranking until final interview,I was in top ten. But a very very very big congratulations to the guys who made it. Its an amazing fire dept..

Forum Member

I would just remind guys that there's a high probability of an Aug class and this list is still going to be used through 2012 (and possibly 2013) as well. You're sitting pretty if you made it to the Chief's interview. Hang in there. And this comes from a guy who was told my list was dead and that I'd died at the top. Got the job. Keep doing what you're doing and good things will happen. Congrats to those hired. We'll see you at the Sat sessions once RC98 starts.

KTF
    Forum Member

I just got a conditional offer!!! Going to HQ now to sign my papers and get my packet. I'll post up if more calls are going out. Dont believe the rumors they went out Monday. James hit me up when your in town

Forum Member

Just to second many of the previous posts, there are tons guys retiring this year from SFD and they are already running way under par on staffing. There's been more overtime this year than guys have ever seen that have been with the dept for 30+ years. There are strong rumors of a second class being pulled from the list. With the budget cuts it only makes sense to save money by pulling guys off an active list than going through the entire testing process again. Good luck to everyone, and if you make it into an August class if they have one, enjoy the weather because this February is going to be awfully cold and wet. I'll enjoy every minute of it though.

KTF
    Forum Member

Just signed my offer. More calls are going out! 24 people will be getting conditionals and 5 people will be alternates. Keep the faith everyone!

Forum Member

Congrats KTF!! Did it sound like today was definitely the last day of calls? Again, great job!

Forum Member

Strong work KTF! Saw that you had an offer with TVFD as well, you mind if I drink some of your kool-aid? Keeping the faith seems to have paid dividends for you, good job.

Forum Member

Also, I called Sue Scaggs at HR at around 12:30 and asked if all of the calls had been made for COE's. She said they hadn't been, and was unwilling to elaborate on any further details.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just want to say great job to those of you that made it. To the rest, don't give up! Is an alternate a back up in case an applicant who received a conditional offer backs out, just curious how that works.

So KTF, which one is it going to be? Seattle or TVF&R. Two great departments to choose from. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I just got a conditional offer!!! Going to HQ now to sign my papers and get my packet. I'll post up if more calls are going out. Dont believe the rumors they went out Monday. James hit me up when your in town
    KTF - I just sent you a message...

Forum Member

Alternates are there if someone turns down the offer, fails the medical or something late pops up in background. Happened in my class. You'd be surprised how many people accept the spot and then bail right at the beginning of recruit school. Hang in there guys. Nothing is over until the list is exhausted. You don't know how many guys are on the job because someone turned the spot down late. A lot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRNFT View Post
    Alternates are there if someone turns down the offer, fails the medical or something late pops up in background. Happened in my class. You'd be surprised how many people accept the spot and then bail right at the beginning of recruit school. Hang in there guys. Nothing is over until the list is exhausted. You don't know how many guys are on the job because someone turned the spot down late. A lot.
    My brother in law is #25 and the 1st alternate. I'm pretty confident he's going to get hired.
    Last edited by powerhourcoug; 11-16-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Forum Member

tell him to be ready to go up to and including the first week. It's not uncommon to get that call a couple of days in. Plus he knows where he stands for the next class.

Forum Member

Well as shown, ranks mean absolutely nothing

Forum Member

Well, just received the email. No dice this time around. But wanted to remind everyone that didn't get a call to not overlook the fact that you made the final list of about 100 (+/-) out of approximately 5,000 applicants. That's something to be proud of and all the interviewing and testing we did along the way will only better prepare us for the next one, wherever that may be. Good luck to everyone and God bless! And James... so proud of you man! Strong work!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by freddybustillos View Post
    Well, just received the email. No dice this time around. But wanted to remind everyone that didn't get a call to not overlook the fact that you made the final list of about 100 (+/-) out of approximately 5,000 applicants. That's something to be proud of and all the interviewing and testing we did along the way will only better prepare us for the next one, wherever that may be. Good luck to everyone and God bless! And James... so proud of you man! Strong work!
    Did anyone else recieve a email I didnt?

Forum Member

Ya, I got the email. Kinda mixed feelings.... Happy I made it this far, but bummed I didn't make the final cut. To those that got the call, go kick some a$@, and make this hiring list shine!!! Hopefully the rest of us will see u in a few months.

Forum Member

I still have not got my email im Keeping the faith just like KTF

Forum Member

Got mine, nogo email, finally some closure.

The only thing that let me down this whole process was that the final interview, the Captains interview was just another set of standard run of the mill oral board questions, with a poker faced board. Kinda hoped that at that point you might get a chance to show 'em what you are really about and not how well you rehearsed the "30 possible oral board questions" thanks Capt. Bob. Back to the voice recorder, they are digital now by the way.

Good luck those who made it and to those on the bubble.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by washedupFF View Post
    Got mine, nogo email, finally some closure.

The only thing that let me down this whole process was that the final interview, the Captains interview was just another set of standard run of the mill oral board questions, with a poker faced board. Kinda hoped that at that point you might get a chance to show 'em what you are really about and not how well you rehearsed the "30 possible oral board questions" thanks Capt. Bob. Back to the voice recorder, they are digital now by the way.

Good luck those who made it and to those on the bubble.
    when did your email come in

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gmanh2o View Post
    when did your email come in
    1549 pst. .

Forum Member

Mine came in at the exact same time as washed up....

I was also a little bummed out after the last interview. I wanted to allow them to get to know me and what my story is...why I want to be a fireman...what I have done to prepare...etc. But instead it was another standard question interview that focus on key words and bullets. Not what I had prepared for. Not that I'm bitter. It is what it is, and I am stoked for the guys that got it. At least I can sleep know, knowing.

Thread Information