Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

KTF
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamessmitchell View Post
    Last interviews happen this week - mine was yesterday...anyone else on the forum still in the process? How'd you feel?

Can't wait for that second week of November to find out.
    I had mine the 2nd day of interviews and cpat on the 1st. Now just patiently waiting. Felt really good with my interview. Nov 14-18 conditionals phone calls go out! Been counting down the days, Seattle has always been my dream.

Academy starts Feb 1st, James you got a place to move into up here already?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I had mine the 2nd day of interviews and cpat on the 1st. Now just patiently waiting. Felt really good with my interview. Nov 14-18 conditionals phone calls go out! Been counting down the days, Seattle has always been my dream.

Academy starts Feb 1st, James you got a place to move into up here already?

I felt really good on my interview also. And my panel gave me some really positive responses, but I'm hesitant to get my hopes too high until there's an offer. Rumor is there's around 100 people left with a total of around 50 to be hired from this list.

No place to live up there yet - I'll work on it once I get an offer. HOpefully there will be a phone/email list of the academy to get in touch with so I can rent a room. If I have to I'll find a hotel/room for the first 2 weeks/month until I get something more permanent.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamessmitchell View Post
    I felt really good on my interview also. And my panel gave me some really positive responses, but I'm hesitant to get my hopes too high until there's an offer. Rumor is there's around 100 people left with a total of around 50 to be hired from this list.

No place to live up there yet - I'll work on it once I get an offer. HOpefully there will be a phone/email list of the academy to get in touch with so I can rent a room. If I have to I'll find a hotel/room for the first 2 weeks/month until I get something more permanent.
    Where did you get this info from? The last I heard 175 people were interviewed and they plan on taking 24, with a couple alternates to their next academy. I too am waiting patiently for the phone call.

I moved from Southern CA in May to Seattle and live less than a mile from the tower. Hopefully we all get in. I have a room that I will be able to rent around then too.

Good luck to all you guys!

Forum Member

Chief Dean plans on hiring 2 classes (at least off of this list). Look for 24 in Feb and 24 in Aug. Good list to be in the last 175 on. Good luck to all. Get in shape now.

KTF
    Forum Member

175 made the final list, then 15 people took themselves off it making it 160. Then not everyone passed the cpat, years before about 30 didn't pass which is nuts. Then not everyone passes the interview. Not sure if its 100, but somewhere around there. Also not everyone has there emt which is a requirement that has to be met by Nov 1st I believe.

There is a class of 24 starting for sure in Feb, but I've heard rumors from reliable sources of two academys next year making the number 48 total. But we shall see.

I hope we all make it too, I think our chances are pretty good. I also know of rooms to rent and currently live downtown.

James what have you heard?

Forum Member

@ckjibber - I hope I have a reason to hit you up about renting that room! If I get in, I want to live as close to the academy as possible for the duration of recruit school (just to keep things simpler)...

@KFT - I don't know the definitive numbers...I was just told after my interview that between all the withdrawals, no shows, CPAT fails, etc. the number of eligible candidates was dwindling down to the 100 mark. I think only the powers that be really know the exact numbers.

Default Viadoom

Downtown would be cool but the JTF is pretty much White Center so it'd be "smart" to avoid the viaduct and rent a room in south park/white center/west seattle-ish, even burien I dare say...short term of course

What's everybody doing to pass the time? Nov. 14th is so close yet so far!

I've also heard the 2 class rumors from SFD members. Feb and Aug 2012...hope it's true!

KTF
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-206 View Post
    Downtown would be cool but the JTF is pretty much White Center so it'd be "smart" to avoid the viaduct and rent a room in south park/white center/west seattle-ish, even burien I dare say...short term of course

What's everybody doing to pass the time? Nov. 14th is so close yet so far!

I've also heard the 2 class rumors from SFD members. Feb and Aug 2012...hope it's true!
    White center and south park are not the best neighborhoods to live in, there are nice parts but its pretty sketchy. I'd suggest burien, des Moines, or west Kent. There close to 509 which puts you right at the JTF in about 15 min. The viaduct closing is terrible. Luckily my lease is up in January, just in time.

To pass the time I'm working out a lot and day dreaming about working for Seattle haha. 3 more weeks!

Forum Member

Passing the time...

I'm starting a workout regimen that will suck to Seattle won't. And I'm doing it in a 50lb weighted vest to get used to being back in turnouts and a BA all day long...2 a days with a nightly 3 mile hilly hike or stairs

Also, I still got work...

Forum Member

You guys are killing me, I felt the same after this interview as I felt after the first 2 These guys had their poker faces screwed on, the only response I got to anything was "we can only repeat the question". That said I seem to keep moving on so maybe its a good thing. You never know with these things, they don't want you to know.

20 in Feb. and another 20 off this list????? who knows.

Enjoy the fact that you will have the holidays off this year, stay in shape, hope for the best.

Good luck to you all, may we suffer together next year.

Cheers; Nick

KTF
    Forum Member

Everyone get the same email that SFD will be contacting current employers starting Friday the 28th? Sounds like there gonna be asking for more of a reference and not just verifying employment. Exciting!

Forum Member

I'm in it to win it buddy... two weeks from today for our results. I'm really pulling for you brother.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by freddybustillos View Post
    I'm in it to win it buddy... two weeks from today for our results. I'm really pulling for you brother.
    HAHA...hope we get that call on November 14!

Forum Member

So who is left?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence10 View Post
    So who is left?
    There are a few on here still in the running - not sure the exact number, but I think 4 or 5, myself included.

KTF
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by freddybustillos View Post
    Thanks man I'm pulling for all of us! I think theres 6 on here left or so. Heres who i thinks left. Not much longer!

ckjibber
    jamesmitchell
    PNW-206
    KTF
    washedupFF
    freddybustillos

Forum Member

6 of us on the thread, and from what I've heard, there's only a little over 100 left (due to no shows, failed CPAT, background issues that caused immediate DQs, etc.)...

Also, there are a number of applicants not eligible for academy 1 because they don't have their EMT...

Odds look good...hope we all get lucky!

By the way, yesterday I got a call from a random 206 number - my heart skipped a beat. Turns out someone with my name and birthday was arrested for a some sort of violent crime and spent 40 days in jail...I had to verify it wasn't me! HA!

Forum Member

Looks like those six, a couple others from this thread and myself. Nov 14 isn't coming quick enough....

Forum Member

I am shy about posting but this is pretty exciting. I am still in as well. Good luck to everyone!!!

KTF
    Forum Member

Has anyones current employers been contacted yet and if so by what form, phone, email, or fax?

Thread Information