Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

Forum Member

To repeat what KTF said. I was in HQ to get my packet today and in talking about the medical, she said it's not uncommon to have 2-3 applicants that don't make it thru the medical. Got my medical scheduled for next Monday. I'm hoping I'm not one of the 2-3!

Forum Member

lol you guys were right!!! things can change in a moments notice....just got a conditional offer, someone took themselves out.... looks like i'll be seeing you in the future!!! thanks for everyones input during this long process!!! message me so we can all get together sometime...im from out of state so ill be in seattle for thanksgiving and have my medical on the 30th!!

Forum Member

I will have a large space with separate entrance and bathroom available during drill school in the North Admiral Area (10 minutes North of JTF, the nice part of West Seattle above Alki with close coffee shops/grocery stores less than one block). Private message me if you would like more information.

Forum Member

Congrats to RC 98 finishing up their probation and getting their badges. Nice work fellas (and lady). RC 99 goes in in 2 weeks and the scuttlebutt is HQ (THE Chief) wants an August 2013 class. Budget dependent but that is the desire of the department. We haven't had 2 classes in a year in a long time, but we are about 80 short right now and the desire is to hire. Not in stone yet, but that's the desire. For RC 99 hit your books and keep the fitness levels up. You're in for a good time. See you on the Saturday sessions...

Forum Member

First off congrats to those just finishing up!

GRNFT- Are they pulling from the existing list for the AUG 13 academy?

I'm on the job in Colorado, and have my sights on Seattle. If not this year, you know when the next process might be?

Thanks!

Forum Member

IF they go with the Aug class it will be off the current list. Same for a potential Feb '14 class. Next written will be tentatively scheduled for Jan 14 with the first class off of that list going into drill school in Feb '15. They stretched this list from the normal 2 to 3 years to save some scratch. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

Yes sir. I appreciate your insight. Thanks

Forum Member

Recruit Class 99 underway with 23 recruits. 2 took or kept other positions so 23/25 to start with. August class still up in the air. Stay tuned for info. If no August, RC 100 would kick off in Feb. More to follow...

Forum Member

At this time, it looks like Aug 13 will NOT happen. There will be one more class hired off of this list (the 2011 list) that will start in Feb 14. They are planning to start the next testing process around Oct, with sign up sometime this spring. I wouldn't doubt them sliding the test to Jan, but as of now that is the plan. More to follow...

Forum Member

Anyone know how far down the list they went this go around?

Forum Member

Does anyone know if they will pull beyond the original 175? For instance, another 75 people?

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you heard anything more about the next testing process? Oct? Jan? It's been a long wait and I'm more than ready to apply. Thanks!

Forum Member

Looks like the last class off of this current list will go into Recruit School in Feb 2014. Current class finishes up in about 3 weeks. Announcement for the next hiring list should go out by the end of spring/early summer with a tentative test date of Oct 13 (but could be Jan/Feb of 14 for test date based on historical precedence) with first class either end of 14 or more likely beginning of 15.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't thank you enough for the reply. I'm currently a paramedic/firefighter in Florida. I missed the last recruitment period for Seattle and have been checking every year (and month!) since. Great to hear info from someone who knows.
    GRNFT likes this.

Forum Member

Talking with the Training folks and HR, it looks like last week of Feb 14 will be start time for the last class hired off of the 2011 list. Last weekend of Oct is the schedule for the written exam for the 2013 list that will start hiring AFTER the Feb '14 class. For those still in the process for 2011-Feb 14 class, I'll hit up HR this week and see if they have any info on the process moving forward over the next few months.

Forum Member

Here we go again. Class 100, good number. Good luck, by now most have taken jobs elsewhere but you know the draw to work for Seattle!

Forum Member

Good luck everyone!

Forum Member

Any body know if Seattle went ahead with the EMT class? How many were in it if they did?

Forum Member

I believe 8 people were selected, 7 are actually in the class. Good luck to everyone, long two weeks ahead.

Forum Member

Thanks Saul. Sounds like the class ends mid November, seems that calls would be made after that.

Waiting...

Forum Member

The class actually goes through mid December. I heard that calls may start going out next week. From what I've heard too 68 people are left(people who completed the CPAT). They're good numbers. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saul1978 View Post
    The class actually goes through mid December. I heard that calls may start going out next week. From what I've heard too 68 people are left(people who completed the CPAT). They're good numbers. Good luck!
    Hey Saul, are you in the EMT class?

Forum Member

Anyone know when calls are going out?

Forum Member

HR called friday morning

Forum Member

oh so all the offers are already sent out?

Thread Information