Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

KTF
    Forum Member

I'm waiting till after I meet with the Chief and get my final offer to notify TVF&R. I only have a conditional now from SFD. I only have a medical and to meet with the chief left and if i can't pass the medical I can't work anywhere.

See you on saturdays GRNFT!

Forum Member

Going back to my earlier post of having a room for someone that wants to be close to the drill grounds and is coming from out of town. The offer still stands (regardless of me not getting my COE) It's a normal sized 10' X 10'(I think) with own bathroom, laundry etc. I won't get into the details, but you can PM me if you are interested. I would love having someone on the same career track as me filling the room, putting a little fuel on my fire!

Forum Member

"Putting a little fuel on my fire!" That just sounds wrong, dude.

Forum Member

No need to blush ponyboy, I'm a married man.

Forum Member

Dude, You crack me up! I am glad you have a sense of humor.

Forum Member

Got my medical pack today!!! Physical Dec. 16. Awesome. 5 day trip to Seattle with my wife. I'd love to meet up with any of the fellow recruits for Feb. 1 if possible - hit me up.

Forum Member

Stoked for you guys that got the offers.
    Awesome department.
    Have fun!

Forum Member

Today's Seattle Times: http://today.seattletimes.com/2011/1...no-new-police/

Article states that the new budget includes about 70 city layoffs and over 80 unfilled vacancies. Besides the PD, the article does not include any info on what city departments will be affected. Anyone have a line in on more info?

KTF
    Forum Member

Seattle fire is working so much overtime right now, I haven't heard of layoffs at all. James I'll see you in Dec. I'll tell you how the training sessions go on the 3rd and 9th.

Forum Member

Default Budget

Fire was minimally affected in this budget, minimum staffing of emergency units was not touched.

Forum Member

Helloooooo

So hows it going for those of you that have made it this round? Have you all been banned from posting? Whats the home stretch of the process look like? Hope all your medical and psych tests turn out good to go. When do you get the real offer? I am excited for you all, stay together no matter the stress, stay healthy and best of luck.
    Nick

KTF
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by washedupFF View Post
    Helloooooo

So hows it going for those of you that have made it this round? Have you all been banned from posting? Whats the home stretch of the process look like? Hope all your medical and psych tests turn out good to go. When do you get the real offer? I am excited for you all, stay together no matter the stress, stay healthy and best of luck.
    Nick
    Nope not banned from posting. Had a couple peer fitness training sessions and got to meet most of the class, good group i'm excited for academy. Medicals are all done I think and this year there is not psychologist so there is no psych. We got our letters for the final interview with Chief Gregory Dean and thats when final offers are made and gear fittings are that same day after your interview. There was 24 conditionals sent out for 24 spots in the academy with 4 alternates. I had my medical wed and they said so far everyone was passing. Then have an orientation and academy is on Feb 1st. Can't wait!

Haven't heard anything about a class in Aug but will post up if I hear anything.

Forum Member

My brother in law got the call yesterday (alternate). Maybe someone didn't pass? He mentioned there being a career firefighter or two...maybe they turned it down?

Interesting there was no psych this year.

Forum Member

Very nice. Thanks for the heads up KTF. Good luck to you and the rest, Feb. 1 will be a good day!

Forum Member

I had my medical exam last friday the 16th. I think that was the last day for originally planned medical exams. The nurses mentioned that they would be doing make up exams in the next couple weeks as well. The nurses also mentioned it was pretty surprising how many people typically don't pass the medical for one reason or another (ie high cholesterol). I guess the SFD can be a picky as they want when the list of candidates is so long. I expect a few of the alternates to make it into the class. There's still a lot waiting at this point just like the rest of the process. Still need the results from my medical, and to get the final ok from the chief before I can get my final offer.

From what I've heard about the number of guys retiring over the next year, the feb recruit class will barely make a dent in the overtime Seattle has right now. I'd be surprised if they didn't put another class through off the current list.

KTF
    Forum Member

Had my interview with Chief Dean today and got a final offer! Got fitted for all my gear and got my books and study material also. A big sigh of relief and now off to hit the books. Truly a dream come true, Seattle has always been my #1 dept. Hang in there everyone still on the list, and to the other recruits I'll see you soon.

Forum Member

Good luck to the members of Recruit Class 98 kicking off tomorrow. I was out at the JTF this weekend and the drill school is set up nice. Wish I could be there in the AM to wish you luck, but gotta work tomorrow.

For those still in the process: Still on track to hire an August class, but again it's all budget dependent as the year goes along. Keep the faith.

Forum Member

Nobody sleeps tonight. Best of luck to you all, stay together stay motivated. Remember what it took and how long for you to get here. This is just the beginning, keep us in mind from time to time and throw a post up to let us know how your doing and how it is. Congrats and good luck.
    Nick

Forum Member

1 Month down? Hows it going? Is class 98 still at full muster? Hope you all are well.
    Nick

Forum Member

Any more word on a fall academy from this list?

Thread Information