+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

Forum Member

I did't use all of my time either (finished more than a few minutes early). At first I thought that might have been a mistake, but in retrospect, I feel that a worse sin would have been to ramble for the sake of filling up time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha6568 View Post
    I did't use all of my time either (finished more than a few minutes early). At first I thought that might have been a mistake, but in retrospect, I feel that a worse sin would have been to ramble for the sake of filling up time.
    Good point, thats what I was thinking to. Rambling can lead you to say things that sound repetitive. Anyway, good luck to you.

Forum Member

I strongly disagree

MembersZone Subscriber

Why do you strongly disagree?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence10 View Post
    I strongly disagree
    I agree with you Persistence. This oral board is set up to be repetitive and hit mulitple words on different anwsers, so the more time you use the more words you hit.

Just my .02 cents and I may be completely wrong!

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree to a certain extent, though I believe you do need to keep the reiterating to a minimum. It's out of our hands now, so we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck to you all!

Forum Member

for what its worth.When I tested in 2008 I used every second of each interview.Literally.Dint run out of time though.I got 100% in one and 98 in the 2nd.Dont remember repeating myself.But hey, still wasnt good enough to get the job so dont sweat it too much if you think you did bad

Forum Member

From SFD website:

Candidate Information

2011 Candidate Information
    Updated April12, 2011

Letters will be sent no later than April 29, 2011, to all candidates who participated in Oral Board #1. The letters will indicate whether a candidate passed Oral Board #1. Candidates who pass Oral Board #1 will be scheduled for Oral Board #2.

Candidates who do not receive a letter by April 29, 2011, should contact the Personnel Department Fire & Police Exams Unit by May 3, 2011, via Email at: Colleen.Lafferty@seattle.gov or by phone at 206-615-0581.

Once letters are sent out, this web page will be updated to show candidates what date the letters were sent out.

Tentative dates for Oral Board #2: May 12-21, 2011. These dates will be adjusted as needed.

Forum Member

Any thoughts on getting an early jump on reciprocity? There is some online info on reciprocity, most of the links are broken and appear to be out-of-date. Is this something I should be concerning myself with now, or will there be plenty of time pre-acedemy?

Forum Member

It's a pretty fast process once you need it. I'd hold off until later in the process. The department will help you ensure you get it squared away. they're more worried that you actually have an EMT already, and about getting the right candidates. All it requires is getting your hands on the King Co. protocols and then the Health Services folks give you a test in their office. I had to do it and it was not too big a deal. Hope that helps...Bottom line, I'd hold off until you're further into the process and then you can get it taken care of if so inclined.

Forum Member

How does it work if you don't have an EMT certification yet?

cb3
    Forum Member

Does anyone think Seattle FD will have an Academy before Jan. 2012?

Forum Member

You have to have your EMT prior to starting academy, but I wouldn't recommend letting it get that far. You can either A/ Get it on your own through a private company/school or B/ Hope you're in the top 100 after your 2 oral board scores are tallied and the department will extend you an offer to get the EMT program paid for and taught at SFD (prior to academy). I would start a program on my own ASAP if you don't have your EMT already unless you are super confident you're going to be in the top 100.

And to answer about an academy: they were shooting for sometime this year, but most likely they won't have an academy until Feb 12. Not gospel, but just the most likely scenario.

cb3
    Forum Member

how does Seattle FD feel about visible tattoos?

Forum Member

As long as they're not discriminatory, or on the face I don't think it's a big deal. We have some inked up mofos, but I've never seen any with ink on hands or face/neck.

Forum Member

SFD web site posted my written score this morning (4/21) to my "Application Status" page, but no other updates to the schedule. Has anyone seen anything different?

Forum Member

Got my score also. Like you, I haven't heard anything else. Wish the score factored into the final rank - I did better than I thought.

Forum Member

look for yourselves to be ranked in the top 130-150 to move on in pre employment

Forum Member

Checked my "Application Status" again today at 3:15, and see that SFD posted several times for me to pick for my 2nd Oral Board exam. Hope you all are moving on, too.

Forum Member

Hmmmm. Just refreshed my screen to pick a time, and status has reverted to blank (only written test score is showing). Anybody see anything like that?

Forum Member

And now my written exam score has disappeared.... SFD/HR must be working away on trying to get the results published....

Forum Member

All mine says is application received now...

Forum Member

This happened after the test before they posted whether or not you were not going to be moving on to a first interview...the next day everything, including results, was up. So I expect we'll see the same thing here and have some news soon.

Forum Member

Whew! Web site is now advising I am scheduled for Oral Board #2. Hope all on this forum made it too.

Forum Member

Now mine shows that I am scheduled for May 13th but still just shows "application received"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information