+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 First ... 4567891017 ... Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

Forum Member

No dice here. Still just says "application received."

I'd be shocked if I move on, I just didn't hit the points well enough.

Forum Member

Don't read into anything too much yet guys. I'm sure if you see you're scheduled for a second interview, you're fine. But after the test, my clearance for interview #1 didn't show up for a about a day after some guys were talking about their interview times. I'm stoked - May 14.

Forum Member

Unbelievable.

I'm in.

cb3
    Forum Member

does anybody know how many people are moving forward to the 2nd oral interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cb3 View Post
    does anybody know how many people are moving forward to the 2nd oral interview?
    well with about 2100 or so on the first oral board and only needing a 71 on oral board #1 to pass I would say atleast 1400 but will know more once they get closer.....

Forum Member

I don't have a definitive answer, but for some reason I remember hearing/reading that they were taking the top 25% from each stage. So out of 8300 testers (not all showed), they took the top 25% to the first oral. Then they are doing the same thing here. If there were 2100 first orals, then that would be 525 (give or take) second orals...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was stated somewhere (job announcement maybe, at the test?).

Forum Member

If you passed the test, you went to the first oral board they dont do top 25 percent to move on. If you read the email, it says passing score for the first oral board is 71% , so if you had a score higher than that you move on. NO 25% percent move on, now that could be different once they have a final list in July.

Forum Member

Isn't it possible that the passing score is 71% because 25% of those interviewed received a score higher than 71? I'm not saying I know the answer, I'm just going off what I heard.

cb3
    Forum Member

Does the final list on 1 July include the top 25% after, (Personal History Questionnaire Session, Background check, Employment Interview and CPAT)?

Forum Member

I believe the answer is somewhere in between.

Based on my experience with similar hiring practices, I think they'd like to interview a certain number of candidates for oral board number two. Whether this is a percentage of the original amount, or a percentage of the oral board #1 candidates, I don't know. But to hit that number, they adjust the passing score. Obviously the lower it goes, the more candidates move on.

I've seen other departments say something like "We want to interview 70 people." Accordingly, they take the top 70 scores.

Forum Member

Special request to thread participants: Please......Could only people that actually KNOW the answers to these questions answer them? SPECULATION just clutters up the board with stuff, and makes it harder to find the correct answers.

There are actually some real SFD FFs on this thread. And there are other people that talk to the real SFD FFs. Please give them a chance to respond to the legitimate questions. ALSO, NOTE THAT THEY NEVER SPECULATE (but they do estimate). There is a big difference.

btw, I heard from a good friend, fully employed as EMT for a local ambulance company for the last two years, who got a 70 and did not pass Oral Board #1 and is now out of the process. SFD does provide the Oral Board score to those that do not pass.

Also: from this thread 3 weeks ago:

"Discussions w/ a FF at one of the oral board seminars gave me the following estimates:
    4,500 - Initial Applicants
    3,200 - Applicants took the written test
    2,200 - Applicants who passed the test, and scheduled for 1st oral board" --Pasha6568

Also:

In page one of this thread a comment by "CFDRes" answers the 25% question posed above. If you've got other questions, please re-read the entire thread before asking. It may already have been answered.

Thx. Will accept shout downs now.
    Last edited by Pasha6568; 04-24-2011 at 08:25 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well... It's the end of the line for me. The email I received stated that the passing score was a 71.00. Good luck to those of you who moved on. For myself, it's on to the next one. Maybe I'll see some of you in Phoenix. Again, Congrats!

Forum Member

Thanks for your contribution to the thread nnfra. Will miss you, but will see you again I'm sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    Well... It's the end of the line for me. The email I received stated that the passing score was a 71.00. Good luck to those of you who moved on. For myself, it's on to the next one. Maybe I'll see some of you in Phoenix. Again, Congrats!
    Sorry nnfra

Don't lose hope. Keep trying. When you do get hired, it will be worth it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the positive input. Am definitely going to keep my head up, and continue to move forward. Any of you guys testing for Portland?

Forum Member

Not me. Not yet. May get more agressive some day, but want to stay close to home for now, and finish up a bachelor's.

Forum Member

Pasha - your numbers in line with what I have heard. The 8000 number applying is absolutely wrong. I have heard they eliminate about 1/3 the candidates during each stage, so 3200 taking the test elimnate about 30% and you get the 2200 in oral board 1. Eliminate another 30% and you get around 1500 in oral board 2 (estimated)

Someone else asked about the 25% - so after oral board 2 they will weight the scores for each oral board 50/50 and add veterans preference, and then that is the list. SFD then asks HR to "certify" the list, that is, give them the names of the top 25%. Those people then move on to the Captains interview, and then they select who they actually want to hire (note this isn't numbers 1-xxx on that list, they pick and choose). Those people move onto the cpat, medicals, background, etc.

Hope this helps, most of the information is in the thread, and on the website.

Forum Member

Wouldn't worry so much about numbers....

Forum Member

I just got my email and my second interview is on the 16th of May. Im actually kind of suprised, I really didnt feel good about the interview. Must have done better than I thought.

Forum Member

MikeyD:

Thanks for the info.

Is the "Captains interview" (that you reference above) the same as the "Employment Interview" referenced on the SFD web site?

also, Cbar84: congrats..... you have company.
    Last edited by Pasha6568; 04-25-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Forum Member

I honestly don't remember - looking at the website it says you review your personal history questionaire and I can't remember if we had done that prior to the captains interview. There is that interview (with 2 captains) and then you will also meet with the recruitment captain if you are selected to sign your conditional offer. The very last step after passing medical, psych, cpat is an interview with the Chief of the Department. You end up going to HQ a lot if you are selected to proceed for all the psych and background stuff.

Forum Member

Last go 'round the "employment interview" (or captians as mentioned above) had 1 captain and 1 chief (bc). Right after the interview met with the recruitment captain for another interview (going over background info). This last hiring was unusual though considering is spanned nearly 3 years so don't hold me to it!

Next hurdle, round two of oral boards. Good luck to all

Forum Member

Hey BC: I was wondering where you've been..... on another thread, huh?.... or just watchin' this one. Good for us to to have some serious competition.

Forum Member

Checkin' on a few threads, like most I suppose!
    Last edited by BC1979; 04-26-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Forum Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 First ... 4567891017 ... Last

Thread Information