Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seattle 2011

Forum Member

SFD web site posted my written score this morning (4/21) to my "Application Status" page, but no other updates to the schedule. Has anyone seen anything different?

Forum Member

Got my score also. Like you, I haven't heard anything else. Wish the score factored into the final rank - I did better than I thought.

Forum Member

look for yourselves to be ranked in the top 130-150 to move on in pre employment

Forum Member

Checked my "Application Status" again today at 3:15, and see that SFD posted several times for me to pick for my 2nd Oral Board exam. Hope you all are moving on, too.

Forum Member

Hmmmm. Just refreshed my screen to pick a time, and status has reverted to blank (only written test score is showing). Anybody see anything like that?

Forum Member

And now my written exam score has disappeared.... SFD/HR must be working away on trying to get the results published....

Forum Member

All mine says is application received now...

Forum Member

This happened after the test before they posted whether or not you were not going to be moving on to a first interview...the next day everything, including results, was up. So I expect we'll see the same thing here and have some news soon.

Forum Member

Whew! Web site is now advising I am scheduled for Oral Board #2. Hope all on this forum made it too.

Forum Member

Now mine shows that I am scheduled for May 13th but still just shows "application received"

Forum Member

No dice here. Still just says "application received."

I'd be shocked if I move on, I just didn't hit the points well enough.

Forum Member

Don't read into anything too much yet guys. I'm sure if you see you're scheduled for a second interview, you're fine. But after the test, my clearance for interview #1 didn't show up for a about a day after some guys were talking about their interview times. I'm stoked - May 14.

Forum Member

Unbelievable.

I'm in.

cb3
    Forum Member

does anybody know how many people are moving forward to the 2nd oral interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cb3 View Post
    does anybody know how many people are moving forward to the 2nd oral interview?
    well with about 2100 or so on the first oral board and only needing a 71 on oral board #1 to pass I would say atleast 1400 but will know more once they get closer.....

Forum Member

I don't have a definitive answer, but for some reason I remember hearing/reading that they were taking the top 25% from each stage. So out of 8300 testers (not all showed), they took the top 25% to the first oral. Then they are doing the same thing here. If there were 2100 first orals, then that would be 525 (give or take) second orals...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was stated somewhere (job announcement maybe, at the test?).

Forum Member

If you passed the test, you went to the first oral board they dont do top 25 percent to move on. If you read the email, it says passing score for the first oral board is 71% , so if you had a score higher than that you move on. NO 25% percent move on, now that could be different once they have a final list in July.

Forum Member

Isn't it possible that the passing score is 71% because 25% of those interviewed received a score higher than 71? I'm not saying I know the answer, I'm just going off what I heard.

cb3
    Forum Member

Does the final list on 1 July include the top 25% after, (Personal History Questionnaire Session, Background check, Employment Interview and CPAT)?

Forum Member

I believe the answer is somewhere in between.

Based on my experience with similar hiring practices, I think they'd like to interview a certain number of candidates for oral board number two. Whether this is a percentage of the original amount, or a percentage of the oral board #1 candidates, I don't know. But to hit that number, they adjust the passing score. Obviously the lower it goes, the more candidates move on.

I've seen other departments say something like "We want to interview 70 people." Accordingly, they take the top 70 scores.

Thread Information