+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678
    Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So to whom is she referring when she discussed reloading and accusing Obama of being a terrorist. What is the purpose of using that type of rhetoric if not to dehumanize the individual and justify killing that individual ("kill him" was heard at her rallies).
    Justify killing them??? I didn't know you got your medical marijuana card!

Seriously, you've gone off the res with that one.

No, but we can most certainly hold those responsible for inflaming the insane. Did you read any of my links on lawsuits being won against the KKK?
    Read it, has no bearing on this at all.

Which nutcase? I cited several. The gentleman who wanted to shoot up the Tides Foundation (according to his sister) was a frequent Glenn Beck listener. The individual who shot Dr. Tiller in the face listened to Bill O'Reilly. BillO referred to Dr. Tiller as Tiller the Killer on numerous occasions.
    So, the hearsay was that he listened to Glenn Beck, so what? What if he also listened to Katie Couric. It means nothing.

So we should just accept this type of behavior? Pretty tough talk until you or one of your loved takes a bullet in the face.
    That sort of behavior is called free speech. I know that giving folks freedom scares you folks on the left, but thats what those pesky bill of rights allow.

Both are still in prison. Hinckley never had any contact with Foster, nor did Foster ever use rhetoric that would incite violence against the President. This is an invalid comparison. Palin and other conservative pundits have indeed been engaging in violence toned rhetoric.
    So, which one of the politicians using "violent rhetoric", "demonizing speech" or "specious comments" met with this Arizona nutjob?

You do realize that you have referenced only a few cases from recent history that could even be considered as relevant (although there is still not one with any direct link).

Shame that the left wing whackos are so threatened by our freedoms. The real shame is when they start to take them away.

Here is an example of that violent rhetoric and the consequences:

http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/...beatdown-case/

Love this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6b1VOAATNk

Good article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

To be clear, if you're using this event to criticize the "rhetoric" of Mrs. Palin or others with whom you disagree, then you're either: (a) asserting a connection between the "rhetoric" and the shooting, which based on evidence to date would be what we call a vicious lie; or (b) you're not, in which case you're just seizing on a tragedy to try to score unrelated political points, which is contemptible. Which is it?
    More:

Theblogprof has a roundup of many examples of inflammatory rhetoric by Democrats:

■“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.” Barack Obama in July 2008
    ■“I want you to argue with them and get in their face!” Barack Obama, September 2008
    ■“Here’s the problem: It’s almost like they’ve got — they’ve got a bomb strapped to them and they’ve got their hand on the trigger. You don’t want them to blow up. But you’ve got to kind of talk them, ease that finger off the trigger.” Barack Obama on banks, March 2009
    ■“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!” Barack Obama on ACORN Mobs, March 2010
    ■“We talk to these folks… so I know whose *** to kick.” Barack Obama on the private sector, June 2010
    ■“A Republican majority in Congress would mean ‘hand-to-hand combat’ on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy.” Barack Obama, October 6, 2010
    ■“We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us.” Barack Obama to Latinos, October 2010

Truly fascinating stuff here...

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10...mer-2000-2010/

Last edited by ChiefKN; 01-14-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Justify killing them??? I didn't know you got your medical marijuana card!

Seriously, you've gone off the res with that one.

Read it, has no bearing on this at all.

So, the hearsay was that he listened to Glenn Beck, so what? What if he also listened to Katie Couric. It means nothing.

That sort of behavior is called free speech. I know that giving folks freedom scares you folks on the left, but thats what those pesky bill of rights allow.

So, which one of the politicians using "violent rhetoric", "demonizing speech" or "specious comments" met with this Arizona nutjob?

You do realize that you have referenced only a few cases from recent history that could even be considered as relevant (although there is still not one with any direct link).

Shame that the left wing whackos are so threatened by our freedoms. The real shame is when they start to take them away.

Here is an example of that violent rhetoric and the consequences:

http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/...beatdown-case/

Love this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6b1VOAATNk

Good article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

More:

Theblogprof has a roundup of many examples of inflammatory rhetoric by Democrats:

■“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.” Barack Obama in July 2008
    ■“I want you to argue with them and get in their face!” Barack Obama, September 2008
    ■“Here’s the problem: It’s almost like they’ve got — they’ve got a bomb strapped to them and they’ve got their hand on the trigger. You don’t want them to blow up. But you’ve got to kind of talk them, ease that finger off the trigger.” Barack Obama on banks, March 2009
    ■“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!” Barack Obama on ACORN Mobs, March 2010
    ■“We talk to these folks… so I know whose *** to kick.” Barack Obama on the private sector, June 2010
    ■“A Republican majority in Congress would mean ‘hand-to-hand combat’ on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy.” Barack Obama, October 6, 2010
    ■“We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us.” Barack Obama to Latinos, October 2010

Truly fascinating stuff here...

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10...mer-2000-2010/

I'll let you have the last word. It's been fun watching you rationalize discourse that has resulted in violence.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'll let you have the last word. It's been fun watching you rationalize discourse that has resulted in violence.
    Its funnier watching a liberal advocate suppression of free speech. What great champions of freedom you all are!
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

Thread Information