Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default What would you do?

I just need some advice on this. What would you do if you were in the hiring process at two different departments, and one department offered you a job, you accepted, but then a few weeks later your dream department offered you a job. Would it be wrong to accept the job and leave the department you just got hired at?

Forum Member

A lot of people on here are going to say "no, you made the decision to go with the first department, stick with it." But, honestly, go to your dream department. You will, probably, only have this one opportunity to go with the dream department. A lot of people move around departments before geting to their final one, and in my opinion, there's no difference between leaving after 2 or 3 years and a month or two. Don't let the old timers and hard liners on here discourage you.

Forum Member

Don't think twice about it. Not another thought. People leave departments for other ones all the time. You will actually be doing someone else a favor bc they can get hired to. Do what you want. Anybody else would

Forum Member

You have your dream departments offer in writing with no condiiton on passing anything else? If so I agree that you should take the offer. Understand that if for any reason you don't make the cut at your dream department you will have no where else to go back to.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

I also agree with taking ur dream job because if u dont u will regret it and be wondering how it would have been ........ Good Luck

Thread Information