Forum Member

Post Level B Suit Feedback

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics recently introduced its newest model hazmat suit, the ONESuit® Shield, at the National Safety Council Congress and Expo in San Diego and we’re looking for feedback. It’s our first Level B style protective garment, designed to protect against chemical splashes while offering great comfort and ease of use.

Below is a picture of the ONESuit® Shield, which we are currently testing to have certified to NFPA 1994 Class 2, and NFPA 1992 standards. Please, let us know some of the things that you’re looking for in a Level B suit so we can better cater it to you and your field’s needs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

I'd like to see it made out of the same material as the OneSuit Flash. Right now we use OneSuit for level A, and Dupont Thermo Pro for level B.

Quick connect glove rings for changing between OneGlove, butyl, and viton would be great. The zipper needs to have a T handle on it so it's easy to grab.

In addition, Saint-Gobain needs to create a suit selection/permiation software like the Dupont SAFESpec. It should be an easy to use web version on your site, as well as a downloadable free software for windows, apple, droid, and iphone.

Forum Member

Hi ENG259,

Thank you very much for your insight. In terms of the suit’s material, ONESuit® Shield is made from Saint-Gobain’s proprietary high-performance Coretech™ Barrier Membrane, ensuring the same flexibility and comfort as our Level A suits.

Great ideas for the gloves, zipper and software. We will take those into consideration.

Forum Member

To me, one of the biggest downfalls of a non-encapsulating Level B suit is the gap under the chin. Instead of just having to make up the difference with ChemTape (hopefully no one still uses duct tape), a flap or something of the like that could be affixed over the area would be nice.

And I agree with developing a program to lookup suit and material information. Dupont and Kappler both already have systems in place.

Where exactly does the name "ONESuit" come from?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Hi GTRider245,

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We are in the process of having the ONESuit® Shield certified to NFPA 1992 and NFPA 1994 Class 2 standards, which would make it one of the only certified Level B suits on the market. NFPA 1994 Class 2 requires a tight seal under the chin – In other words, there is no gap and no need for ChemTape or any other outside sealant to close the interface. We’ve actually received very positive feedback on this suit’s mask interface. If you will be at FDIC this year, we invite you to check it out in person.

The name ONESuit, was derived from its single layered design. The single skin allows for increased comfort and mobility without sacrificing safety.

Again, thank you for your input.

Thread Information