Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Needing a study guide for the IFSAC hazmat ops

i am trying to complete my isac certification. the only thing i have left is hazmat operations. I wondering if anyone has a study guide that they can send me a study guide to my email. my email is rffd335@yahoo.com

Thanks

Forum Member

Default IFSAC Certification

There is no such thing as a IFSAC certification. You get your certification from a enity (state or province). IFSAC only accredits the enity.
    Wayne

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OSFM1210 View Post
    There is no such thing as a IFSAC certification. You get your certification from a enity (state or province). IFSAC only accredits the enity.
    This is from IFSAC's website:

The International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) is a peer driven, self governing system that accredits both public fire service certification programs and higher education fire-related degree programs. The administrative staff consists of the IFSAC Manager, a Unit Assistant and Student Staff Technicians.

Certificate Assembly

The IFSAC Certificate Assembly provides accreditation to entities that certify the competency of and issue certificates to individuals who pass examinations based on the National Fire Protection Association fire service professional qualifications and other standards approved by the Assembly.

Degree Assembly

The IFSAC Degree Assembly accredits fire science or related academic programs at colleges and universities. Accreditation is available for both two-year associate degree programs and four-year bachelor degree programs. An IFSAC accredited program indicates that course offerings, institutional support, and qualified faculty are working together in completing their educational mission.

A note of caution to individuals seeking IFSAC accredited certification:
    Some training companies list their training programs as "IFSAC Accredited". There is no such thing as "IFSAC Accredited Training" as IFSAC does not accredit training programs. IFSAC only accredits the certification processes of our member entities. The ONLY entities accredited by IFSAC are those listed on this website. If an entity, company, etc. is not listed on the IFSAC website they
    are in no way recognized, sponsored, or supported by IFSAC.
    Interesting thing is that my IFSAC and ProBoard Certs say "IFSAC and ProBoard" but do not list my Department. So they are a Certification System that accredits the entity but do not put the Certifying Agencies name on the Cert.? Using their own words though, they are a "System."

Are you looking for a Study Guide for DOD HazMat Ops?
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Thread Information